Intensive Training Camps (Outside of Thailand?)

RedOne

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Just curious -- are there any schools that offer 'intensive training programs', ala the camps in Thailand, for BJJ?

At present there are a few teams in Thailand that offer on or near-site accommodation, food, etc alongside full-time training for around 3 months (average term of a tourist visa). This was primarily for Muay Thai, but BJJ is increasingly on offer.

I was curious as to whether any other schools / camps around the world offer something similar. Can imagine the cost may be significantly higher in other parts of the world - part of the appeal for Thailand is how cheap it is to train / eat / lodge there - but, still curious, especially if there's any such thing around Europe.

if you really want to do something cheap in europe, you could always contact the big polish gyms, i'm pretty sure they can fix you cheap accomodation and training

Thailand is great and ridiculously cheap. Tasty food and beautiful beaches too. I haven't ever heard of people going training in Europe or USA or anywhere else. I assume you can do it but it would definitely be more expensive.

It does seem to be predominantly down in Thailand while it's so cheap - and helps that they already have the whole 'live-in student' thing set up at basically every camp.

Any names for the big Polish gyms, or similar? I don't even know where to begin, at present.

I also gather that gyms such as Tristar in Canada have students living in shared apartments while training, but not sure if that's directly comparable.

At one point Dean Lister had a house for travelers to stay in while training.

Not sure i'd go to Thailand in the middle of a Coup

Not sure i'd go to Thailand in the middle of a Coup
yeah was about to say this. The military just dissolved the government after prolonged civil unrest and political instability :icon_neut

You should come to my city, Fortaleza - Brazil.

You can train 5 x a day at my academy for 30 USD per month.

You can rent a room with exchange students that split an apartment for 300-400 USD per month.
You can eat well here with about 15 dollars per day without cooking.

So with about 800 USD per month (only excluding travel ticket) you could come to Fortaleza Brazil (main tourist attraction for brazilians, with beautiful beaches) and train 5 x a day with extremely high level people.

By the time I was looking at going - first third of next year - I'd hope the political situation would be under control!

Aprentice, that sounds incredibly tempting... not to mention having an inclination toward picking up a bit of Portuguese.

Which academy is it, if you don't mind my asking? Feel free to PM if you'd rather than post it! :)

By the time I was looking at going - first third of next year - I'd hope the political situation would be under control!

Aprentice, that sounds incredibly tempting... not to mention having an inclination toward picking up a bit of Portuguese.

Which academy is it, if you don't mind my asking? Feel free to PM if you'd rather than post it! :)

hey man!

i train at BLEC. Put academia blec on google!

Feel free to PM me aswell :)

Regards

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back