International Intact Seeker Section From An Iron Dome Tamir Interceptor Fell Into Gaza

GhostZ06

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Just hours after we posted a story about a report that an Israeli Stunner surface-to-air missile used in the David's Sling medium-range air defense system fell into Syrian territory and was transferred by the Assad regime to Russia, images have appeared on social media showing what appears to be the intact fuse section of a Tamir interceptor used by the Iron Dome system. This proximity fuse system is highly advanced as it has to detect a small and fast-flying target—a rocket in most cases—and detonate the missile's warhead with perfect timing in order to destroy it. It is also highly miniaturized yet hardened enough to withstand the extreme G forces sustained by the super-maneuverable interceptor.
Tamir uses a very sensitive active radar seeker and a command data-link system to chase down an incoming rocket. These components and its onboard autopilot get the missile within extremely close range of its target, at which time the missile's proximity fuse system detects the object as it begins to pass abeam the missile and detonates the onboard warhead, blasting it out of the sky. The missile is so agile and accurate that often times it actually slams into the incoming target, but it is not designed as strictly a hit-to-kill weapon by any means.As is common on many air-to-air missiles, the fuse system is located in a collar arrangement on the forward body of the missile, behind its seeker. A 360-degree staring laser system is used to sense the nearby target as it enters into the warhead's lethal range. It then triggers command logic that orders the detonation of the high-explosive warhead, which erupts outward in a ring of shrapnel in a wedge shape pattern around the missile. We don't know precisely what components are used on the Tamir's fuse system, but it is described by its manufacturer as "unique."

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com%2Fthe-drive-cms-content-staging%2Fmessage-editor%252F1573727169910-slide-10.jpg

UPDATE: Upon further review of the photos, I actually believe the section includes the missile's active radar seeker, as well. That seems to be the component hanging out of the front of the tube. In other words, this would be the entire seeker and fuse section forward of the fins. Obviously, the loss would be even more significant if this is indeed the case.
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...an-iron-dome-tamir-interceptor-fell-into-gaza

damn, isn't the us army considering sourcing some of this stuff for SHORAD?

Damn! Never have I struggled this much reading a thread title!

Anything that reduces the threat of Israel remaining an apartheid state is good news

So is the concern that this tech will be reverse engineered? Obviously not by the Gazans but maybe by the Iranians or the Russians?

thats the thing, its been turned over to the Russian federation. And this is one of the most advanced missiles in the world

Anything that reduces the threat of Israel remaining an apartheid state is good news

True, we need to make sure that the arabs are in charge and can efficiently exterminate the Jews.

True, we need to make sure that the arabs are in charge and can efficiently exterminate the Jews.
Its telling that you think Israel needs to remain an apartheid state to avoid extermination.

Its telling that you think Israel needs to remain an apartheid state to avoid extermination.
It’s half true
Not like they haven’t all left the surrounding countries since Israel formed. Probably were treated so well there they felt guilty and left.

It’s half true
Pretty damning thing to say of Israel IMO.
Not like they haven’t all left the surrounding countries since Israel formed. Probably were treated so well there they felt guilty and left.
Funny then how Israel is now allied with all those countries against the country in the region with the largest Jewish population aside from Israel itself.

lol!! at turning a thread about the jewish contry having the most advanced military tech in the world into the typical "oh no, jews will be exterminaed'. Is there a course at the synagogue teaching this tactic or is it the sitting around on Friday nights reteling the oppression story?

Move on- jews/Zionists/Israel whatever run shit now and are in no danger of what you claim.

Pretty damning thing to say of Israel IMO.

Funny then how Israel is now allied with all those countries against the country in the region with the largest Jewish population aside from Israel itself.
10,000 that aren’t allowed to leave and don’t have the same rights
Whoopity fucking doo
this is a stupid argument

lol!! at turning a thread about the jewish contry having the most advanced military tech in the world into the typical "oh no, jews will be exterminaed'. Is there a course at the synagogue teaching this tactic or is it the sitting around on Friday nights reteling the oppression story?

Move on- jews/Zionists/Israel whatever run shit now and are in no danger of what you claim.

I'm not a Jew, you jackass. And I'm not the one that started in here. The moron I quoted started in with the apartheid BS.

The arabs have made it clear in both word and deed what their intentions are from the beginning. If they get the upper hand then the Jews become, at best, second class citizens in another corrupt arab state.

The irony is incredible and no doubt you’re too much of an idiot to understand it

Y'all think Nancy Pelosi can find a way to blame Trump for giving this to Russia?

should have fired a missile at the missing missile when they had the chance. Now the Russians have it. Soon we will all be swinging kettlebells, drinking vodka and eating borsht

I'm not a Jew, you jackass. And I'm not the one that started in here. The moron I quoted started in with the apartheid BS.

The arabs have made it clear in both word and deed what their intentions are from the beginning. If they get the upper hand then the Jews become, at best, second class citizens in another corrupt arab state.
Don't care who 'started it'. What are you 10? I quoted yoru post.

Israel fucks over the Palis and would fuck over all ME if they could, and yup the Arab ME would fuck over the jews of Israel if they could. Its the ME. Nothing new.

Let them kill each other. Just keep my country out of it. Stop manipulating/onfluencing/controlling whatever other coutnries

Don't care who 'started it'. What are you 10? I quoted yoru post.

Israel fucks over the Palis and would fuck over all ME if they could, and yup the Arab ME would fuck over the jews of Israel if they could. Its the ME. Nothing new.

Let them kill each other. Just keep my country out of it. Stop manipulating/onfluencing/controlling whatever other coutnries
I mean right now Israel is actually allied with the strongest Arab states so I don't think that's true any more, they need each other to counter Iran.

I mean right now Israel is actually allied with the strongest Arab states so I don't think that's true any more, they need each other to counter Iran.

I agree and its been that way for a whitle, such as Egypt and Jordan. But if you point that out to Zionists they retort "yeah, well they would turn on Israel the first chance they get", even though there is no evidence, so I just ignore it now.

Back