Instructional video recommendations

creepingcharlie

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
If you were to suggest one instructional video, what would it be? I'm looking for something to work on techniques and conditioning. Right now I'm most interested in the Bas Rutten 7 disc series, but hesitent because it is quite spendy. The GSP sounds decent as well. I'm wondering what you guys have picked up and what you think of them.

The Bas stuff is great. I have the book and borrowed the cond DVD and they are well done.

www.SSFgear.com

Well, I've decided to pick up the Bas set, it sounds like the best thing as far as what I'm looking for, plus it has so many extras that I can benefit from. Thanks guys

You'll love it and glad we could be of some help. Let us know what you think after watching it.

www.SSFgear.com

Without a doubt, the Bas DVDs. They may seem expensive at first, but they have SO many techniques. To get the amount of techniques you learn on these DVDs, you'd have to buy several instructionals (several is conservative; I think you'd have to buy a lot of instructionals to be honest). 115 bucks for 12+ hours of techniques with no repeats. I only have good things to say about these.

Yea Ill give you one more plug for Bas' videos, I love them definitally the way to go.

I'll throw my $.02 in.

I bought the Bas combat DVD set after reviewing many posts on this and other boards. The recommendations you see for it in this thread are very typical of what you will find on the subject.

I will throw my $.02 in.

Buy Bas's set, they have defineatly helped my game alot.

He shows alot of stuff, and if you really learn the techniques, as in watching them and breaking them down step by step, they will keep you busy for a long time.

The only complaint I have about bas's set is the audio is a bit goofy at times, but well worth what he is asking for them especially when compared to sperry's set.

two thumbs up for bas's big dvd's of combat, mma workout, and his street fighting video. He is a good teacher.

Back