Instances when two legends collided early in their careers

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
What are the instances you can think of when two fighters fought early in their careers, and both of them became legends and had an amazing success in MMA?

Max Holloway (7-2) vs Conor Mcgregor (13-2)
BJ Penn (5-1-1) vs Takanori Gomi (14-1)
Lyoto Machida (2-0) vs Rich Franklin (14-0)
Vitor Belfort (4-0) vs Randy Couture (2-0)
Vitor (5-1) vs Wanderlei (5-1)
Hendo (7-0) vs Big Nog (6-0)
Nick (8-2) vs Robbie (8-1)
Frankie Edgar (5-0) vs Jim Miller (5-0)
Karo (6-0) vs Sherk (7-0)

Luke Rockhold (7-1) vs Jacare (14-2)
Lombard (7-1) vs Gegard Mousasi(13-2-1)

To a much lesser degree, since Lombard shit the bed when he got to the UFC, and Luke played around against Bisping and then got ktfo and never been the same.

Last edited:
you making excuses for rockhold? played around? if anything he only beat weidman bc weidman was messing around.

no Weidman went full retard, that's why he lost. You don't take Rockhold lightly he's legit. Bisping on the other hand...he's a level or two below. But Bisping showed up, all the credit to him.

Ricco fought AA 2 years into his MMA career.

Not sure I'd call him a legend though, as he threw his talent away much earlier than he should have.

Also, Coleman v Frye.

no Weidman went full retard, that's why he lost. You don't take Rockhold lightly he's legit. Bisping on the other hand...he's a level or two below. But Bisping showed up, all the credit to him.

okay so full retard isn't as bad as playing around. got it. also.. you don't have to defend/like rockhold just bc you want his nuts.

okay so full retard isn't as bad as playing around. got it. also.. you don't have to defend/like rockhold just bc you want his nuts.

I don't like him. I thought it's well know FACT that's what he did. Even DC would tell you that.

Back