• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Install EV Chargers or get FINED!

Ideas so good they have to be mandatory, eh?

You see the CBC's article on EV's the other day, front and center on their main page? The headline is this:

"Canada may have hit its long-awaited electric vehicle turning point"

The sub-headline in the article is this:

"Despite industry foot-dragging, experts say forced sales will transform the market"

Canada may have hit its long-awaited electric vehicle turning point | CBC News

I was pretty stoked to have CBC explain to me that if the government just forced people to buy and sell EV's we'd finally get that EV boom that everyone just couldn't wait for! Though, I will admit, I was left a bit confused by an article which consistently insists that there is huge demand for an item that they are literally having to force people to sell and incentivize to buy...

Last edited:
This may be what gas stations and commercial parking lots in my hometown of Vancouver could be facing by 2025. $10,000 a year to be exact if they do not comply.

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/...10000-annual-fee-by-2025-petro-canada-5247552

Typical cash grab or good move? What says you!

If there is money to be made in electric vehicle charging there would be chargers everywhere. In large cities parking space is at a premium. Having cars take up parking space to charge their vehicle is counterproductive. I remember when bike trails were being developed. There were stores on the route that thought the riders would be a source of income. They soon found out that bicycle riders a cheap. They stop to use the rest rooms and fill their water bottles and very seldom buy anything. The riders who wanted the trails had claimed that they could be paid for with voluntary donations but there wasn't enough money donated to even make it worth the time to collect it.

EV are used by many of the same people who want to save money on gas. They charge their vehicles at home or at work. Some motels installed an EV charger to lure in EV owners. When there were only a limited number, it wasn't a problem. As more EVs hit the roads, there were more customers who wanted to use them. Nobody wants to pay for the electricity either. Elon Musk supplied free charging with the early Teslas and those owners didn't want to pay for charging.

This may be what gas stations and commercial parking lots in my hometown of Vancouver could be facing by 2025. $10,000 a year to be exact if they do not comply.

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/...10000-annual-fee-by-2025-petro-canada-5247552

Typical cash grab or good move? What says you!
$136k to install an EV charging station? I bet there's gonna be a lot of gas stations that install fake chargers and slap on a sign that says "out of order", just like their bathrooms.

I know an electrician that installs EV chargers at malls in Illinois. Well, I moved away from the city were we both lived in a few years ago. He is friends with my father and the two of them keep in touch. Business has been slow for him so far, at least so far EV charging.

WR ---->

and total BS.

EV are not ready for prime time. The batteries have a huge carbon footprint to make and are wasted once used up. Plus, electricity is expensive in a lot of places. Plus, who gives a fuck about cars in teh West when their carbon footprint is small copared to what developing countries are doing to the environment.

Strange how the West never holds the 3rd world to the same standards we ourselves.

WR ---->

and total BS.

EV are not ready for prime time. The batteries have a huge carbon footprint to make and are wasted once used up. Plus, electricity is expensive in a lot of places. Plus, who gives a fuck about cars in teh West when their carbon footprint is small copared to what developing countries are doing to the environment.

Strange how the West never holds the 3rd world to the same standards we ourselves.

The plan is to import all the 3rd worlders into the country

Lots of good ideas have to be mandatory.
Traffic lights, for example.

When selfish interests and public interest don't intersect, you need a law (or at least an artificial incentive/disincentive, like this one), if you want the public good to win out.

They will keep with their rediculous demands until the people put a stop to it

WR ---->

and total BS.

California has rolling blackouts and they think that they're going to have the state on electric cars by 2035 or something like that.

The power infrastructure isn't even remotely ready to handle this type of weight. It'll be the next government created crisis that they'll pretend they need to save everyone from. We're just exiting one right now and look how much worse off everyone is for it?

You see the CBC's article on EV's the other day, front and center on their main page? The headline is this:

"Canada may have hit its long-awaited electric vehicle turning point"

The sub-headline in the article is this:

"Despite industry foot-dragging, experts say forced sales will transform the market"

Canada may have hit its long-awaited electric vehicle turning point | CBC News

I was pretty stoked to have CBC explain to me that if the government just forced people to buy and sell EV's we'd finally get that EV boom that everyone just couldn't wait for! Though, I will admit, I was left a bit confused by an article which consistently insists that there is huge demand for an item that they are literally having to force people to sell and incentivize to buy...

All part of the plan bud.. trust the government and big businesses, what could possibly go wrong..?

All part of the plan bud.. trust the government and big businesses, what could possibly go wrong..?
In other news, you see that 800 hp hydrogen powered Hellcat dodge is making?

Ford just patented a hydrogen powered engine that they might put in the mustang.

Last edited:
California has rolling blackouts and they think that they're going to have the state on electric cars by 2035 or something like that.

The power infrastructure isn't even remotely ready to handle this type of weight. It'll be the next government created crisis that they'll pretend they need to save everyone from. We're just exiting one right now and look how much worse off everyone is for it?

Yup. Lawrence Livermore Labs has an energy consumption flow chart so you can see how much energy goes into and out of various sectors.
https://flowcharts.llnl.gov/sites/flowcharts/files/ENERGY_2017_USA.png

Replacing gasoline & diesel vehicles with electric ones would require adding at least 50% to the existing grid capacity after accounting for charging losses. I seriously doubt we're going to permit, fund, and build that many generating plants in my lifetime.

In other news, you see that 800 hp hydrogen powered Hellcat dodge is making?

Ford just patented a hydrogen powered engine that they might put in the mustang.

Where are they getting the hydrogen?

Another vancouver dogger.

I live up on Capitol Hill by confed park

Where are they getting the hydrogen?
They'll have to add the filling stations, maybe to gas stations. There's only 48 hydrogen pumps in California. But it would be much easier to build that infrastructure.

Back