• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Inside a $4,000,000 Lakefront MANSION in Wisconsin

Rate it.

• Total voters
4 mil is cheap for a mansion
lol, if you're worrying about global warming, a fireplace is the last thing to worry about, the entire home can be under water........ if you believe that shit <lol>
sinks and dishwasher seem silly until you host a party......
the tub does make sense view wise
super high ceilings are awesome, dont be jelly
billiard tables are dumb, but it is 5K square feet, you are allowed some dumb elements, and mansions of that size typically do have space fillers.
That's a $15 million house in La Jolla.

This place looks relaxing and very nice to me. I like the dark colors of the outside and the tones inside. The land is nothing too crazy either, as I like to do yard work myself when possible. Though being in Wisconsin makes it a hard pass.

Is it tornado proof? Bear proof?

No thanks, I'm out.

Looks to me like a very amateur flip attempt. I see the look they were going for based on the master suite that looks fairly complete with stark white everywhere and not a single bit of contrast or character at all. They also started carrying that same look into the kitchen and then must have run out of money, or smartened up and realized it was looking like shit and should stop destroying that house more than they did. With the design features of that house you have to embrace the rustic elements not try to erase them with paint.

I'm not a fan of the gigantic windows everywhere, with seemingly no blinds anywhere? Even if it's in a remote location, just the idea of people being able to watch me in my home would be uncomfortable.
It might have smart glass that can be adjusted to variable shades from blackout to opaque to clear.

Do people really like these wide open, glass to the ceiling houses?
it's like living in a bus stop.
this is for dudebros that made some bitcoin money and will be broke in 5 years.

With all the amazing homes you could buy in 100s of amazing locations for $4M, yeah no. Sorry that's way too much for Wisconsin a place I'd never consider moving. Also agreed with everyone. That outside is pathetic for a $4M place.

I like some things about it, like big windows and lots of space, but the decorations inside are not to my liking. The bar and billiards are a waste unless you host parties frequently.

Too big, too much maintenance, not enough land. Not my ideal setup for a cottage.

I like some things about it, like big windows and lots of space, but the decorations inside are not to my liking. The bar and billiards are a waste unless you host parties frequently.
Definitely comes off as a part-time house used for gatherings and such. Probably lived in a few months out of the year.

Even if I had $100M in the bank, too cheap to spend that much on a house. My 1st concern would be flooding, and do those giant windows open? Flood insurance on that thing alone must be ridiculous. Humidity and mold is gonna be a concern in the area too. I like the atmosphere though and fishing right out back or front would be pretty awesome.

Even if I had $100M in the bank, too cheap to spend that much on a house. My 1st concern would be flooding, and do those giant windows open? Flood insurance on that thing alone must be ridiculous. Humidity and mold is gonna be a concern in the area too. I like the atmosphere though and fishing right out back or front would be pretty awesome.
The house is on a 20ft hill, pretty sure it will never flood and if it does we're all fucked.

Fiberglass shower inserts in the bathrooms was a little surprising. I expected to see a large format tile.

A few odd design choices as mentioned by others, but overall a pretty standard, very nice, modern build. I've worked on several similar houses.

Back