injuries/serious injuries

RoCkFoRdKiD89

Orange Belt
Reaction score
so about ten minutes ago someone at my home suffered a bad injury involving a good amount of blood, and alot of "shit what should i do"...

you ever had or seen a bad injury? if so, what?

oh...

DONT GO ON IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH.

First and foremost, I hope everyone at your house is ok!

Fortunately, I have not personally seen injuries of loved ones or friends.

As for me, my brushes with death were from internal injuries. I didn't realize anything was wrong until I started throwing up blood, at which point I told my brother to drive me to the hospital.

Some stomach staples and 6 days in ICU had me back on my feet.

So not so much an "oh shit, what do I do" situation.

10 minutes ago huh? Someone at your home?

the incident happened about an hour ago, but the situation was handled about 20 min ago. luckily theres a fire station or w/e near our crib so the ambulance got here quick.

This is 30 something years of injury skating/surfing/biking/kayaking/climbing/soccer/snowboarding/martial arts.

Broken/Fractured Bones:
Fibula
fingers (I think all 10)
toes (definitely all 10
ankle x2
skull
elbows x2
patella
14 of 24 ribs
collar bone
teeth x3
nose
Radius
Ulna x2
Metacarpals x7-8?
Metatarsals x5?
heel bone
Jaw x4
Sternum xseveral

Soft Tissue etc
tendon damage x100??
bruised kidney
torn muscles x??
Staph infection x2
pneumonia from punctured lung (three times)
Impailed on the right leg (almost died of blood loss -or thats what they tell me)
pins in fingers and foot
major stiches/staples from open wounds x15-20?
Miniscus x2
MCL x2
ACL
PCL
concussions maybe 8-9 times?
burns -a couple of 2-3rd degree burns from camping or playing with something hot

the majority of these came from Skateboarding street/rails/gaps etc

Last edited:
I worked as a first aid attendant in a battery manufacturing plant. I had a contractor cut his nose 8/10ths off when a saw bucked back and smacked him in the face. It was so fucking bloody it left a trail of blood 2 tiers as we walked him to first aid, i never really got freaked until after it was over. I saw the guy 3 months after and he had a good plastic surgeon, just a faint line across the nose.
We had a girl that got her finger split perfectly down the middle when it got caught in machine. She was wearing a white dry coat and there was just gobs and long smears of blood on it, you see the bone. jWe bandaged that up and had her on oxygen, she was kinda blue before, going into shock.
One funny one was a guy in a white dry suit sitting on a very tall stool working with an exacto knife. He dropped it without thinking and he closed his legs to catch it. He caught it, the blade went right into his leg about 1 inch. He was really shocky, he pulled the knife out and there was a lot of blood all over and it stood out on the white suits he was wearing.

This is 30 something years of injury skating/surfing/biking/kayaking/climbing/soccer/snowboarding/martial arts.

etc[/B]

Bro..........bro........... Holy shit bro.

That is one fucking list of some shit right there.

Did you ever have a problem with pain pills?

so about ten minutes ago someone at my home suffered a bad injury involving a good amount of blood, and alot of "shit what should i do"...

you ever had or seen a bad injury? if so, what?

oh...

DONT GO ON IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH.

Did you remove a picture or something? I'm squeamish but I still like to look.

Any open wounds should be poked with a dirty stick. Broken bones should be followed up my jerking and contorting the body vigorously.

Seriously WTF? My first instinct would be to take the sum bitch to the hospital. Not post about it on a forum.

Bro..........bro........... Holy shit bro.

That is one fucking list of some shit right there.

Did you ever have a problem with pain pills?

Not my proudest moment but indeed -when I was in my early twenties I used to abuse them heavily -I learned it from many surgeries I had in my teens and especially in college when I became more reckless.

In fact if I broke a bone -I would get excited because I knew a verified fracture on an Xray meant going from 5mg or 7.5mg of a sythetic codeine opioid product(Oxycodone or Hydrocodone) and move to something like a morphine based opioid product like dilaubid or a stronger Benzodiazapine like Ativan.

Pretty pathetic when I look back now -i was just living as a selfish Hedonist which for a while I thought was great, however as I got into my mid to late twenties Ifigured out that the state of happiness (for me anyways) must involve pleasure and enjoyment with a blend of personal growth, creativity, and working toward something.

if it doesn't have that combination, I get bored or depressed. I could never just sit and drink by myself at a bar all day and enjoy it -happiness would come from drinking that same beer with a friend discussing and planning things, or playing a guitar or drawing or something.

Happiness comes from activities which satisfy your immediate desires and satiates your drive toward the future.

Between the jobs of paramedic and search & rescue, and mountaineering accidents, I could tell stories for days.

Any open wounds should be poked with a dirty stick. Broken bones should be followed up my jerking and contorting the body vigorously.

Seriously WTF? My first instinct would be to take the sum bitch to the hospital. Not post about it on a forum.

i posted the ambulance came. was in a bit of shock at the time while i sat there, clearly my mind was all over the place. sorry :rolleyes:

Not my proudest moment but indeed -when I was in my early twenties I used to abuse them heavily -I learned it from many surgeries I had in my teens and especially in college when I became more reckless.

In fact if I broke a bone -I would get excited because I knew a verified fracture on an Xray meant going from 5mg or 7.5mg of a sythetic codeine opioid product(Oxycodone or Hydrocodone) and move to something like a morphine based opioid product like dilaubid or a stronger Benzodiazapine like Ativan.

Pretty pathetic when I look back now -i was just living as a selfish Hedonist which for a while I thought was great, however as I got into my mid to late twenties Ifigured out that the state of happiness (for me anyways) must involve pleasure and enjoyment with a blend of personal growth, creativity, and working toward something.

if it doesn't have that combination, I get bored or depressed. I could never just sit and drink by myself at a bar all day and enjoy it -happiness would come from drinking that same beer with a friend discussing and planning things, or playing a guitar or drawing or something.
Happiness comes from activities which satisfy your immediate desires and satiates your drive toward the future.

Well I hope you're doing better. My roommate is an adrenaline junkie and he has a list like you. His left leg and foot are destroyed. He also had a good flow of pain pills in him at all times. One day he just said fuck it. Drove from BC to Alberta where we live, came to our door and said he needed help. He went to a treatment centre that night and fucking cold turkied himself like a boss. Now he lives with the pain which as I'm sure you can relate to is pretty severe.
He still rides sleds in the mountains and his dirt bike in the summer. It's pretty insane.

I'm dealing with some jacked up ribs right now. They aren't broken just tore cartilage and pulled muscle when they dislocated. It's been 3 weeks and I still can't take a full breath. Horrible pain. I can't imagine what you and my roomy deal with day to day

Well I hope you're doing better. My roommate is an adrenaline junkie and he has a list like you. His left leg and foot are destroyed. He also had a good flow of pain pills in him at all times. One day he just said fuck it. Drove from BC to Alberta where we live, came to our door and said he needed help. He went to a treatment centre that night and fucking cold turkied himself like a boss. Now he lives with the pain which as I'm sure you can relate to is pretty severe.
He still rides sleds in the mountains and his dirt bike in the summer. It's pretty insane.

I'm dealing with some jacked up ribs right now. They aren't broken just tore cartilage and pulled muscle when they dislocated. It's been 3 weeks and I still can't take a full breath. Horrible pain. I can't imagine what you and my roomy deal with day to day

I'm completely past that period of my life now -I had to make a major change to survive long ago -as does anyone who goes through a self destructive period in their life. When I tore my knee in San Jose last year I actually didn't fill the last pain script I got -because I wanted to make sure I still wasn't beholden to anything (kind of like the old opium addicted neighbor in To Kill a Mockingbird lulz)

Those rib injuries take forever to heal fully -In about 8 weeks the pain will change to a dull annoying bruising feeling -but a pain from deep breath will be noticable for 3-4 months if you tore it in just an average fashion. Soft tissue issues are much harder to heal than broke bones -which is strange but true.

Broke lots of shit in various accidents. Age combined with joint fractures means my life is becoming a slow moving hell. I drink.

Worst thing that happened to me was falling off my skateboard while bombing a pretty serious hill on a regular skateboard, not even a long board. Slid on my back and ass for what seemed like forever. The asphalt tore right through my jeans and took a fair amount of skin off my ass, back, thighs and upper arm. Extremely painful and I couldn't really sit for a week. I'd just lie on my stomach in my room most of the day.

I had quite a few bad falls skating but luckily I seem to have pretty durable bones.

Well, I definitely can't beat Seven's list...that's quite impressive.

I've broken:

Nose x2
both bones in left forearm
1 bone in right forearm
3rd degree right shoulder separation
1st degree left shoulder separation
4 or 5 fingers
3 toes

annnnnd I think that's it.

Only myself.

Crashed a motorbike and broke the top half of my knee off and the top of my fib and tib. Basically had a floating segment in my leg. Freaked the hell out, tried to tell myself it wasn't broken and I could ride home, stood up and collapsed immediately. I then laid there for a while freaking out until someone found me, took about 45 mins.

I was then back for a check up a week after I got out of hospital, I complained about having pain under my ribs. Got a cat-scan and found out I had bruised my spleen terribly and 9/10 times they would have removed it, probably would have if they found it earlier.

Wear protection, stay safe.

Back