Infrasound - Spooky Stuff

PhantomNugget

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3077192/n...nfrasound-linked-spooky-effects/#.U3HB-fldWt1

Mysteriously snuffed out candles, weird sensations and shivers down the spine may not be due to the presence of ghosts in haunted houses but to very low frequency sound that is inaudible to humans. British scientists have shown in a controlled experiment that the extreme bass sound known as infrasound produces a range of bizarre effects in people including anxiety, extreme sorrow and chills

Also, pertaining to sound phenomena, I just found this little fact:

If you collapse an underwater bubble with a soundwave, light is produced, and nobody knows why.

-Could naturally occurring infrasound be the cause of certain places being considered "haunted?"
-Can it be weaponized? HAS it been weaponized already?
-Could this be the cause of the skyrocketing rates of depression/anxiety?

What are your thoughts on this?

Remember birdocalypse?

Yes to the former, and I wish to the latter.

This is some pretty old stuff, but it would be nice if more 'haunted house' people would look into things like this.

Yes to the former, and I wish to the latter.

Makes sense. I hadn't made the connection between sound and the bird deaths, but yeah. Another interesting thought.

I have a hunch that there is a lot more to be learned about sound, in general.

As to the latter...I'd watch it.

This is some pretty old stuff, but it would be nice if more 'haunted house' people would look into things like this.

Yeah the article is a little dated, but it's still not common knowledge...I don't think. And I believe in a spirit realm (for lack of a better term) but imo the majority of hauntings probably have some other cause. And unfortunately, it seems to be tough to get people to legitimately study hauntings.

But I've learned over the years, that EVERYTHING in reality can be looked at from multiple perspectives.

the truth is

aliens

22% Reported feeling uneasy when exposed to the sound.

That's not enough really is it? It doesn't make it an undeniable fact.

If you collapse an underwater bubble with a soundwave, light is produced, and nobody knows why.

Yeah that shit is pretty fucking cool even though we don't know why.

22% Reported feeling uneasy when exposed to the sound.

That's not enough really is it? It doesn't make it an undeniable fact.

What percentage of people are "sensitive" to the paranormal, if you care to couch the phenomenon in those terms? I'd wager that it's also a minority of people.

I would think 22% is enough to be statistically significant.

Wonder if the human vocal cords are capable of producing infrasound... That would be a pretty cool party trick.

There have always been a mess of different possibilities, none cover all occurances, some occurances are still left unexplained.
Odd frequencies can have interesting effects though. The film Akira had its' sound recorded with very high frequencies that heighten the film experience (theatrically or on blu-ray at 192 khz). I also recently listened to a low frequency track that did cause a bit of physical discomfort.

Didn't TS attempt to impregnate his sisters feet?

Sonoluminescence is a real thing. There are about 100 hypothetical theories of what causes it but nothing concrete.

Lol. Phantom Nugget gets banned, returns as Happyboy, gets banned and comes back as Captain Punch, he gets banned recently and tries Phantom Nugget again.

Back