Infowars And Alex Jones Banned On Multiple Online Platforms

I hope he loses all his money from the lawsuits he's facing as well, and dies alone.

Not really.

Alex Jones made his death threat on 7.23 and his account was deleted today.

Do you think it's a coincidence his account was deleted within 2 weeks of making death threats broadcasted to 2 million+ people?

Why wait 2 weeks?

Yet, Facebook has no problem with the Nation of Islam, The Coli or the Black Panthers having a home.
LOL at because of hate speech. What a crock. I find that twitter, facebook, etc is fine and dandy with "hate" as long as it is directed towards whites.
You have to be a special kind of stupid to buy their reasoning for this.
Also, I notice the same group that defended the pedos are all on board with this. Typical.

Well,, I think I have already posted that I can see the criticism for banning right-wing bloggers faster.
And I am not trying to defend how those companies operate.
It's just that IMO Jones deserved to get banned.

That’s a fair and reasoned viewpoint, despite me disagreeing that Jones deserved it.

Cernovic, by his own admission, has no integrity or interest in the truth. He isn't out to expose scumbags, he's trying to get clicks.

I completely agree. Cernovich probably laughed his ass off at the vile filth Gunn tweeted. I hope people will start thinking before they tweet now that they know people like Cernovich are combing through their tweets.

Why wait 2 weeks?

In the professional world, which I'm sure you're not a part of, people don't act hastily.

Generally speaking you get suspended before you get terminated so the lawyers and HR can make sure the company isn't at risk.

Think it's about that time I get a head start on this censorship train. Its coming for all of us. Be better to do it on my own terms.

Surreal to see all of the brainwashed "tolerant" leftist rejoicing in an attack on the US constitution first amendment but it illustrates the communist ideals they embrace.

They can censor whatever they want be the only minds they will be able to influence are the fragile sheep who destined to always be subservient.

What is it about?
"When users violate ... policies repeatedly, like our policies against hate speech and harassment or our terms prohibiting circumvention of our enforcement measures, we terminate their accounts," said a spokesperson for YouTube.

The limitations of free speech, a distinction.

It's an argument for adapting our laws and systems to "secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity," as intended by the Constitution.

But you're right, that is how we become a fascist state. But there's a lot of space between absolute freedom and total fascism. I trust that we can regulate things without becoming fascist, as we've done since the beginning of this country.

and who will be regulating things?

Alex Jones is a fucking nutter, but I 100% support his right to do his thing. As long as he is not screaming fire in a crowed theater, he can do what he wants.

I'll admit "pedophilia party in the pizza parlor," or "those victims parents are actually liars trying to take your guns away" doesn't bring the same immediate threat as yelling "fire" in a theater, but it's still very irresponsible. So while I don't think he should be charged for his ridiculous ideas, I think it's entirely appropriate for 3rd parties to distance themselves from that potential liability.

It's a pretty good parallel to that girl who told her boyfriend he should kill himself and he did. Well, she didn't pull the trigger. And he was free to do what he wanted, even if he was clinically depressed and not entirely in control of his own thoughts. There doesn't appear to be any law on the books against what she did. So no jail, freedom of speech prevails. But should YouTube, Facebook and other social media sites provide her - or others - with a platform to tell people to go kill themselves? Naw. They'd be right to distance themselves from that kind of depraved behavior.

I wouldn't compare Jones to someone like Roseanne making some off-color joke - it's a guy who fabricates danger where it doesn't exist, and peril invites rescue. That's dangerous. And I don't mean some nebulous danger about subconciously acting in a way that marginalizes a cohort of people or something. I mean the very real danger of an armed man showing up at a pizza restaurant demanding that the kids in the dungeon be freed.

I completely agree. Cernovich probably laughed his ass off at the vile filth Gunn tweeted. I hope people will start thinking before they tweet now that they know people like Cernovich are combing through their tweets.

On the other hand, people should be free to express themselves without worrying thag people like Cernovich are combing through their tweets, ready to take things out of context and ruin their life.

Yet, Facebook has no problem with the Nation of Islam, The Coli or the Black Panthers having a home.
LOL at because of hate speech. What a crock. I find that twitter, facebook, etc is fine and dandy with "hate" as long as it is directed towards whites.
You have to be a special kind of stupid to buy their reasoning for this.
Also, I notice the same group that defended the pedos are all on board with this. Typical.

Liberal Logic 101. A racist like Sarah Jeong gets a cushy job with the NYT for spreading hate-speech while Alex Jones is completely shut-down.

In the professional world, which I'm sure you're not a part of, people don't act hastily.

Generally speaking you get suspended before you get terminated so the lawyers and HR can make sure the company isn't at risk.

Really? Roseanne was fired and blacklisted in 2 hours over a tweet, it takes two weeks to respond to death threats?

On the other hand, people should be free to express themselves without worrying thag people like Cernovich are combing through their tweets, ready to take things out of context and ruin their life.

How were Gunn's tweets taken out of context? The guy had countless tweets describing the most depraved acts involving children. What larger point was he trying to make? There are certain topics like racism and pedophilia that are always going to rub people the wrong way and are topics that probably should be avoided especially on a word limiting platform like twitter.

"When users violate ... policies repeatedly, like our policies against hate speech and harassment or our terms prohibiting circumvention of our enforcement measures, we terminate their accounts," said a spokesperson for YouTube.

The limitations of free speech, a distinction.

Why does Tariq Nasheed have a page? Or ISIS propaganda? Or Antifa?

Seems to be like this restriction was anything but viewpoint neutral.

Surreal to see all of the brainwashed "tolerant" leftist rejoicing in an attack on the US constitution first amendment but it illustrates the communist ideals they embrace.

They can censor whatever they want be the only minds they will be able to influence are the fragile sheep who destined to always be subservient.
giphy.gif

Back