Indiana town has no cop

freaky

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ts-officers-just-quit/?utm_term=.1bd9bf7fbe65

"Every one of these residents was left without a police department when the town marshal and four reserve deputies walked off the job in protest Monday"

Not sure what is worst, that the town of 900 only have 1 Marshall and 4 reserve deputies or the fact that there are now no more police.

Apparently, the town councils drove them off. How can you cite a police officer for speeding for chasing a drunk driver? The motive was because that deputy stopped one of the council's wife.

Another got demoted to 29.75 hours part time because he had cancer and his benefits was costing the town too much money. You don't get benefit if you work less than 30 hours.

I would quit too. And how you only have 5 cops for 900 people? Cops waay outnumbered here.

EDIT: I take that back. Apparently, it's on average 17 cops per 10k population. The highest is Washington at 65 cop per 10k. The 2nd highest is 46 per 10k.

5 cops for 900 people are North Korea numbers.

Town im from in Wisconain had 1 cop for 1000 people

I grew up in a town of 600 with no cops. Closest police station was a 25 minute drive away. Almost no crime, ever. Someones garage would get broken into like once a year.

I grew up in a town of 600 with no cops. Closest police station was a 25 minute drive away. Almost no crime, ever. Someones garage would get broken into like once a year.
Sounds like one of those "street justice" towns where the town folks punish you however they see fit if they catch you

Indiana town means every man, woman and child in that town own an arsenal of firearms. They don't need cops. They can invade and overthrow Canada with no problems.

Same here. We don't have a town cop but there's a deputy that lives in town and deals with any issues. It was cheaper to pay the county to patrol than to employ a full time cop.

a town without scumbags doesnt need police

You don't know much about law enforcement, TS. What exactly do you think the ratio is of police to civilians anywhere? 1-1?

They can have some of ours. We have way too many cops for our small Indiana town.

Same here. We don't have a town cop but there's a deputy that lives in town and deals with any issues. It was cheaper to pay the county to patrol than to employ a full time cop.

Yeah, we had no one like that. At any given time there were 2-3 cops in a town 25 minutes away. It was kind of cool because you'd actually get to know the cops. If someone had a big party in one of the surrounding towns, the cops would usually show up just to make sure everything was staying in check. You'd actually get to know the cops and occasionally bullshit with them. Like every segment of the population, some were great and some were total dicks.

Back