Increasing energy?

heatholder

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I train in mma roughly 3 times a week and also cardio and gym workouts, however i find even though i am getting 8-10 hrs of sleep and resting i feel very tired a lot of the time, i do take creatine, protein and also nos shakes however i find the nos does little to help me, i was wondering if anyone has any tips or ideas?

What are you doing when you feel tired? I can be feeling great, but if I sit on my ass for an hour watching TV (no matter what time it is), I start to get tired. I try to stay active all day until about 9 at night. As far as my body, it is always warm because I spread workouts out through the afternoon (after work).
I also drink a lot of green tea. Make sure you are spreading your small meals out as well. Also, try listening to Slayer whenever you feel tired.

take a week off NOS and any caffeine products then report back.

one word.....steroids if you've never done em try em stamina forever

The food you eat will have more to do with your energy level than you might think. Some guys at my gym eat baby food like squash, sweet potatoes, fruits, etc. The clean carbs are good source of energy.

i was like that at first but you just get used to it. your body is probably asking why you are fighting every other day and doing cardio on those days you dont fight. you have to beat the mentality of your body if that makes sense, just keep on going and you body will soon submit to the idea you aint gonna quit!!! :D

You may want to start with a analysis of your blood.

Get them to include minerals as well.

You may be defecient in something.

Heres the easy way:

crack-15.jpg

dave-chappelle-13505.jpg

What are you doing when you feel tired? I can be feeling great, but if I sit on my ass for an hour watching TV (no matter what time it is), I start to get tired. I try to stay active all day until about 9 at night. As far as my body, it is always warm because I spread workouts out through the afternoon (after work).
I also drink a lot of green tea. Make sure you are spreading your small meals out as well. Also, try listening to Slayer whenever you feel tired.

Oh man I hate that. The worst is when I get home from work and sit down on the couch. After a while I feel myself starting to lay down, then i pass out and wake up 2 hours later. Then I'm fucked.

The food you eat will have more to do with your energy level than you might think. Some guys at my gym eat baby food like squash, sweet potatoes, fruits, etc. The clean carbs are good source of energy.

+1 and another point for blood testing.

What does your diet look like?

Do you drink alcohol?

wanna hear something crazy

goes against everything everyone knows about nutrition, diet and energy.

i feel more balanced and mentally sharp(especially) if i dont eat till after im done with everything i need to do. (figured this out awhile back, noticed during a finals week that i studied better when i didn't eat)

i eat around 2pm (small to moderate 300-500kcal), then again around 8-10 (large meals, 1500 to 2000kcal is my guess, sometimes higher). thats it.

i feel more mentally sharp for studying (however, it affects my workouts, ill take a very small snack an hour before i do heavy lifting). i mainly do this for studying however, as food makes it hard for me to focus, or to be more exact, i feel more focused when i don't eat.

ya i know should be opposite, being that the brain runs offa 120g glucose daily. but however, for ME... this works.

this isn't for my diet, exercise regimen or to lose weight. its what keeps me more sharp for studying. i feel lethargic and unbalanced when i eat, not eating prevents that. however, at late afternoon/night, i eat pretty big meals. its at times when im done with everything important that i eat.

i think im just really prone to being food comatose.

wouldn't recommend this for most.

Ginseng...nuts....fruits...pick one of them. Ive always got alot of energy from nuts, even pears.

Back