inbetween workout energy

mikehmike

Brown Belt
Reaction score
So, I have already posted a supplement "stack" that I was considering trying I will quickly list them here:

ISS Research Super Vitamin Pak, 30 Packs
Axis Labs BCAA Ethyl Ester, 180 Capsules
Higher Power Micronized Glutamine 1000, 1000 Grams
BSN NO-Xplode, 1.81 Lbs., Blue Raspberry
BSN Syntha-6, 2.91 Lbs., Vanilla Ice Cream
Optimum ZMA, 180 Capsules

Anyways, inbetween lifting and then my MMA training (cardio, standup, bjj, rolling, sparring, wresting etc) my muscles will get sore, ill get tired etc Would this stack posted above help that or is there another route I should be taking? My diet is fine and I do frequently drink a meal replacement inbetween or during training

But I was thinking the supplements will help the soreness, give me more energy (creating, noxplode) etc

Edit: I see you said your diet is "fine"....are you doing two-a-days? how long do you have between your workouts?

Sleep more, eat more.

You will be sore.

1. I didnt want to list my entire diet seeing as it would make the post 2x as long

2. I lift around 4:30pm (sometimes 5pm) till about 6pm then I train from 6-9:30/10pm (cardio, thai boxing, bjj, wrestling, sparring, rolling, etc) and this is monday-thursday with friday off and then saturday the same thing with sunday off.

3. Typcially inbetween lifting and mma I get around 20minutes off and inbetween like cardio/technique/bjj/wrestling etc I would say 10minutes between each one

Sleep more, eat more.

You will be sore.

I get on average 7-9hours of sleep a night, it varies depending on how long im inthe gym at night. Also I am going to work on intaking more calories to see if that helps. I know I will be sore =) but if the above stated supplements will help to decrease it at all it would be helpful so I can train longer/harder

You can find out information about what all those supplements do in the FAQ. They are nothing but specific brands of supplements that have been critiqued here ad nauseum.

What your looking for is a palatable periWO drink that your going to sip all through your workouts; if your actually training from 4:30-10PM, NOTHING is going to help you "recover" during that time period, nor will anything give you more "energy" other than a solid carb:protein drink, roughly in and about the ratio of 4:1 to 2:1.

Now as far as actual recovery POST workout, obviously, a solid intake of PWO nutrition is essential; upping your carb intake (and overall caloric intake) is a good idea if you are constantly sore.

ZMA I would recommend.
Glutamine I would NOT recommend. Monger just made a fantastic post today regarding this.
A good Mutli I would recommend.

Do you have the link for mongers post?

Only because I'm in a good mood because 1) Someone brought me back a pound of Blue Mountain from Jamaica, 2) I'm not at work, and 3) I'm eating steak and eggs. All that adds up to a favorable neurotransmitter balance for me.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f15/glutamine-brands-784713/

It's actually only a few threads down the first page, and oddly enough, entitled "Glutamine Brands"

haha

I was at work when I posted everything above, oddly enough I found the post like 20sec later =O

but thanks for your help

Wow, is there any way you can split up that training? Because your MMA is certainly going to suffer if you're always lifting beforehand, and your strength gains will probably be minimal if you don't have some recovery time immediately after. Even if you have to shorten your lifts, an efficient 45 minute lift in the morning would be a lot better than an hour and a half followed by 3 hours of more exercise.

Wow, is there any way you can split up that training? Because your MMA is certainly going to suffer if you're always lifting beforehand, and your strength gains will probably be minimal if you don't have some recovery time immediately after. Even if you have to shorten your lifts, an efficient 45 minute lift in the morning would be a lot better than an hour and a half followed by 3 hours of more exercise.

That guy said it perfectly, splitting up your cardio/training with actual weight lifting will be your only way to go, honestly I think you're taking too many supplements but maybe thats just me.

After awhile your body won't recover fast enough it'd be better to split work outs every other day with constant MMA training. You'll feel like you're doing less, but it'll give your body more time to recover and grow.

Your body doesn't grow during workouts.

The only thing I'd to mention here is about recovey and muscle soreness. I only skimmed though the posts on this thread but I didn't see anything regarding Alternate Water Therapy, which imo is the best thing (diet aside) of reducing fatigue/soreness/doms etc. There are a few threads floating around about this topic of which I'm a big believer.

I've linked something here and there are other threads about if you care to look.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f14/contrast-water-therapy-doms-recovery-735035/

Back