• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

In your opinion, who are the most UNDERACHIEVING fighters in UFC/MMA?

Its still early but Mirsad Bektic is unfortunately going this route so far

Injuries ruined Shogun more than anything. Hes like the Dwyane Wade of MMA. At his peak he was one of the gureatest and still gureat enough to be a championship guy but all the injuries really took their toll

Yeah good point honestly

He did have tons of injuries, underachiever is more of a slacker right?

Conor actually

What if he actually did cardio and trained at a real gym instead of McDojo O'Houlihan

Im serious

No, I did not. I categorized them similarly as underachieving fighters, but never directly compared them. Obviously Penn achieved much more than Guillard, and at his best was one of the greats. But he left a lot on the table in terms of achieving his full potential. Anything else I can help you with?

Fedor Emelianenko

hard to call a two division champ and one of the greatest lightweights of all time underachieving, but I feel BJ Penn could have been the greatest of all time with more dedication and training

Anderson. Could have been double champ easily

WOW!!! You guys are aiming pretty high up there. I'll just be the one to state the obvious that none of those guys are under achievers at all.

WOW!!! You guys are aiming pretty high up there. I'll just be the one to state the obvious that none of those guys are under achievers at all.

If a guy achieves a lot, but you think he could have been much better, he's an underachiever. Classic recent example is Andrew Luck of the NFL. He was fantastic, but had he played a few more years before retiring he'd have been a Hall of Famer type great. As it was, he came short of that.

Cain Velasquez is one of the better MMA HWs we've had the pleasure of watching when he was at his best. But injuries and poor matchmaking left most fans feeling as if they didn't get to see everything Cain could have been.

Johnny hendricks and jake ellenberger should have been trading the title for years but they blew it.

Lee Murry and Paulo Filho are the two that come to mind for me. I don't know if its under achieving or over achieving that set Lee Murry back and with Paulo Filho it was kind of a wtf moment with Sonnen and it seemed like he fell off from there. Maybe rampage? I thought he was a lock against Griffin but it's like he didn't give a shit about training or gameplanning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RBG
Back