In the market for a new car

Bme26

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
In the last couple months I've been casually in the market for a new car. My budget is roughly between 20k-30k. I'm looking to buy used and something on the luxury/sporty end. This will also be my primary vehicle. These are cars I've test drove:

Infiniti Q50 (2015)
Audi A5 (2014)
Mercedes C300 (2015)
Kia Cadenza (2015)
Bmw Z4 (2012)
Honda Accord (2015)
Lexus IS250 (2015)

Out of all of them, my favorite was the c300. It was such a smooth drive and the features inside were very clean, but honestly it was more than I wanted to spend. Any suggestions of cars to look into?

I suggest you go test drive a Ford Fusion Titanium. You won't be disappointed. Not the EcoBoost though.

I love mine. I have no regrets.

Wait a year. Automatic cars coming out next year. You'll regret spending your money now. Put it in the market when it crashes next month and you'll double your investment in 3 years.

VW Golf GTI is one of the greatest all-around cars produced today.

Or wait a bit for the 2017 Sport model. Massive performance..

Another one to look at is a Chevy SS. It's a Holden Commodore SS with the steering wheel on the correct side. 6.2L LS3 with 415 hp 415 torque and it's RWD. 0-60 in 4.5 sec and 12.9 @ 110mph in the quarter. It's got the blind spot alarm and all that jazz also.
I've seen them used in the $30k range.
2014_Chevrolet_SS_Daytona-018.jpg

mm_gal_item_c2_10.img_resize.img_stage._3.jpg

In the last couple months I've been casually in the market for a new car. My budget is roughly between 20k-30k. I'm looking to buy used and something on the luxury/sporty end. This will also be my primary vehicle. These are cars I've test drove:

Infiniti Q50 (2015)
Audi A5 (2014)
Mercedes C300 (2015)
Kia Cadenza (2015)
Bmw Z4 (2012)
Honda Accord (2015)
Lexus IS250 (2015)

Out of all of them, my favorite was the c300. It was such a smooth drive and the features inside were very clean, but honestly it was more than I wanted to spend. Any suggestions of cars to look into?
How do you go from a KIA to a BMW!?

KIA fan, btw. All those other vehicles, minus the Accord, seem pretentious.

$50 Hyundai Ponies for me all the way. Its just so nice to beat the crap out of my vehicles and I enjoy not giving a shit about em. Im not much help here since Id have to be a multi billionaire to justify buying a vehicle that Id care about. Old pieces of shit are the way to go. If I want the fun performance aspect I just borrow or ride on whatever my
gearhead brother has going on.

Some of those are very different cars. What are you looking for?

My advice is to stay away from German cars unless there is something very specific you want, such as a RWD sports sedan. Out of all the German makes, it's been my experience that Mercedes is the worst for reliability. I've never had to pull over tp turn the car off and on again to reboot the system like I had to pretty frequently in a Merc.

But hey, if you're bound and determined to go German, then well, everyone had to make that mistake at least once - I've done Audi, BMW and MB and what I've learned is that I'm never leasing/buying German again unless I've got an amazingly good reason.

Mercedes cla
WRX
Mazda 6
Nissan maxima
Volvo S60 T5 used
Used ATS or CTS
Hyundai Genesis sedan used
Toyota Camry V6

Some to look at on top of your list

I bought the Hyundai Genesis 5.0 Rspec which has 429 Hp and i dunno, 4.6 sec 0-60. I'd recommend test driving one. You can probably get one with 50k miles and a warranty till 100k for 25k.

I bought the Hyundai Genesis 5.0 Rspec which has 429 Hp and i dunno, 4.6 sec 0-60. I'd recommend test driving one. You can probably get one with 50k miles and a warranty till 100k for 25k.

They really need to stick that motor in the Coupe.

They really need to stick that motor in the Coupe.

I don't think you can fit that Tau V-8 into the bay of the Coupe. Plus, the Coupe is already nose heavy as it is with the 3.8 vs the 2.0T. Putting a V-8 in the front would fuck up the weight distribution even more.

image_100361977_m.jpg

I challenge you to find a better automobile than the 1986 Hyundai Excel.

Is there anything that hasn't ended up with an LS1 swap? Genesis Coupes, Miatas, MR2, lawn mowers, blenders, toaster ovens...

I think an LS1 powrred chainsaw held some kind of record at some point lol

Back