In the interest of fairness why does Aldo get a pass and Jones doesn't?

I don't get paid to collect. The pay is incredible as a lot is riding on these results. You fuck up a test and millions could be on the line. I prefer to keep sports and workplaces drug free over pumping gas or bagging groceries like most sherdoggers.

Lol, I'm a Carpenter and I won't lie and say I don't enjoy my beer and drugs and would likely fail a drug test tommorrow while not actually doing drugs at work so I don't have a lot of faith in those tests.

Regardless though, if you want to randomly show up at someones work place and ask for there blood or urine you better have the proper paperwork with you.

Lol, I'm a Carpenter and I won't lie and say I don't enjoy my beer and drugs and would likely fail a drug test tommorrow while not actually doing drugs at work so I don't have a lot of faith in those tests.

Regardless though, if you want to randomly show up at someones work place and ask for there blood or urine you better have the proper paperwork with you.
In my early days I would turn up to work sites (mostly mines) and do breathalyser tests at the start of their shifts. Amazing how many would show up partially drunk still - also scary given they were about to operate huge expensive machinery and lives at risk. Had to get accompanied by security as a failed test resulted in them being sent home for the day (no pay) and a 2nd fail = termination of employment.

In my early days I would turn up to work sites (mostly mines) and do breathalyser tests at the start of their shifts. Amazing how many would show up partially drunk still - also scary given they were about to operate huge expensive machinery and lives at risk. Had to get accompanied by security as a failed test resulted in them being sent home for the day (no pay) and a 2nd fail = termination of employment.

Yeah there are alot of dumb people out there. Too be honest though I probably wouldn't work somewhere that made me take a breathalyzer first thing in the morning. Not because I would be worried about failing but because of the lack of trust and faith in my commitment to you to show up at work in proper working condition.

Mind you I guess if you were catching so many people they weren't really holding up there end of that commitment.

Yeah there are alot of dumb people out there. Too be honest though I probably wouldn't work somewhere that made me take a breathalyzer first thing in the morning. Not because I would be worried about failing but because of the lack of trust and faith in my commitment to you to show up at work in proper working condition.

Mind you I guess if you were catching so many people they weren't really holding up there end of that commitment.
Most of the time it's just a lack of education. It's a surprise at first but most come around and understand. The old timers that have been doing it for decades don't and think you won't test them.

I've worked at sites that have zero junk food and no alcohol. The workers get paid more. They run nutrition and exercise seminars too. You'd be surprised at how many and thankful, not only for the extra cash but because they saved money not buying alcohol on site, feel better as they've lost weight etc. etc.

Uh....is this serious?
1)Jones FAILED tests MULTIPLE times
Vs
Aldo NEVER failed
2) people make fun of Jones hiding because he failed
Vs
People understand that Aldo kicked a tester out because he did not have paperwork AND Aldo gets the benefit of the doubt because he never failed

Why is any of that hard to understand?

I don't get paid to collect. The pay is incredible as a lot is riding on these results. You fuck up a test and millions could be on the line. I prefer to keep sports and workplaces drug free over pumping gas or bagging groceries like most sherdoggers.
You’re right to be proud of your job.

As for your OP, I believe the difference lies in their personalities. Jones has popped for cocaine, fled an accident under the influence, punched a guy at a press conference, hid under a cage, lied in his defence (dick pill really?), you name it, all the while having a bible verse tattooed and a holier-than-thou demeanour. Aldo is nothing but class and in all fairness, he only had that one bad story.

As for Nova União’s results, Aldo’s finish of Stephens wasn’t half bad.

Uh....is this serious?
1)Jones FAILED tests MULTIPLE times
Vs
Aldo NEVER failed
2) people make fun of Jones hiding because he failed
Vs
People understand that Aldo kicked a tester out because he did not have paperwork AND Aldo gets the benefit of the doubt because he never failed

Why is any of that hard to understand?
If you re-read the thread you would understand i'm only talking about the 1 incident. Jesus...comprehension skills on sherdog are at an all time low.
You’re right to be proud of your job.

As for your OP, I believe the difference lies in their personalities. Jones has popped for cocaine, fled an accident under the influence, punched a guy at a press conference, hid under a cage, lied in his defence (dick pill really?), you name it, all the while having a bible verse tattooed and a holier-than-thou demeanour. Aldo is nothing but class and in all fairness, he only had that one bad story.

As for Nova União’s results, Aldo’s finish of Stephens wasn’t half bad.
That's true. The Stephens finish was good. Did Aldo chance camps? I can't remember or could be mixing it up with Claudia, RDA and co. moving.

I definitely agree. Jones is a brat and Aldo is your old school respectful fighter but he still shouldn't be excused from it.

Most of the time it's just a lack of education. It's a surprise at first but most come around and understand. The old timers that have been doing it for decades don't and think you won't test them.

I've worked at sites that have zero junk food and no alcohol. The workers get paid more. They run nutrition and exercise seminars too. You'd be surprised at how many and thankful, not only for the extra cash but because they saved money not buying alcohol on site, feel better as they've lost weight etc. etc.

Fair enough. That doesn't sound to bad. No junk food though? I don't know if I would like that, would kind of feels like you're being treated like a child.

If you re-read the thread you would understand i'm only talking about the 1 incident. Jesus...comprehension skills on sherdog are at an all time low.

That's true. The Stephens finish was good. Did Aldo chance camps? I can't remember or could be mixing it up with Claudia, RDA and co. moving.

I definitely agree. Jones is a brat and Aldo is your old school respectful fighter but he still shouldn't be excused from it.
Aldo will never change camp, Perdneiras and him go way way back. Maybe he could benefit from it but I really don’t see it happening.

Fair enough. That doesn't sound to bad. No junk food though? I don't know if I would like that, would kind of feels like you're being treated like a child.
Needed as BMI average was something like 28.7.

Imagine my reaction. I train my arse off and enjoy the occasional chocolate after a run or a workout. 6-weeks with no junk food I had to resort to eating Nutri-grain for morning tea. Had to ask my girlfriend to send me sweets - she cheaped out and sent it via the cheapest post option and I got it with 2 days left.

Because there are easier and funnier ways to ridicule Aldo if you hate him.
Jones hasn't been KO'd in 13 seconds.

Needed as BMI average was something like 28.7.

Imagine my reaction. I train my arse off and enjoy the occasional chocolate after a run or a workout. 6-weeks with no junk food I had to resort to eating Nutri-grain for morning tea. Had to ask my girlfriend to send me sweets - she cheaped out and sent it via the cheapest post option and I got it with 2 days left.

Haha, brutal!!

Yeah I guess machine operators are a little different from framers, its pretty rare you see a fat framer ( yet for some reason all the gear seems to be made for them, lol)

Because Brazilians are very loyal.

Aldo is dodgy. As good as a failed test

Haha, brutal!!

Yeah I guess machine operators are a little different from framers, its pretty rare you see a fat framer ( yet for some reason all the gear seems to be made for them, lol)
It's because your industry has a work ethic and eat on the go. Tough work too. Shit, I drill, cut, and glue some stuff and I'm wiped. Plus the added pressure of "shit is this french cleat going to work and I'm I going to rip the whole wall down with it"

It's because your industry has a work ethic and eat on the go. Tough work too. Shit, I drill, cut, and glue some stuff and I'm wiped. Plus the added pressure of "shit is this french cleat going to work and I'm I going to rip the whole wall down with it"

Haha, yeah its not for the faint of heart thats for sure. I'm finally starting to feel it though, not sure how many more years I've got in me. Luckly I can fall back on some of the other skills I've picked up along the way that are easier on the body like sideing, finishing and floors. Also thinking about getting my commercial inspectors ticket so I can get paid to argue with engineer's, lol. Hate those fuckers some times.

I dont have to reread the thread i explained why the one incident from Jones(hiding under the ring) is treated differently then the one incident from Aldo. I cant help it the explanation includes other factors outside of those two incidents. They didnt happen in a vacuum. Jones is treated a certain way because of other actions AND that oncr incident.

If you take just that one incident for both fighters it wouldnt be a big deal but thats not how real life works.

Jesus logical comprehension in this asshat is nonexistent. Keep trying to prove some dumbass point by comparing to situations that are not at all the same but leaving out anything else that might make you look stupid. Keep trying...but you still look stupid.

How can't I be? The incidences are identical. 1v.1. I'm not talking about their entire careers, why do people have trouble understanding that?

Because they both copped shit about it at the time, and iirc more was directed at Aldo (mainly cause he is Brazilian).

Since then however 1 has passed every test and one has twice been proven to be on PEDs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back