• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

In retrospect, was GSP an exciting champion ?

Was George "The Saint" Pierre an exciting champion.

• Total voters
When people are diehard fans of a fighter, they don't care about fighting style or finishes. Winning is exciting for them. GSP fans have a ton of diehard fans.

Team sports fans don't care if their team is boring. Mayweather fans don't care if he's boring. GSP fans don't care if he can't finish. Only wins matter to them.

Haters confuse "frustrating" with "boring".

It was "frustrating" for them to see such a dominant champ who was hardly ever in danger.

Like I said, GSP only had 3 fights in his entire career that could be described as "boring". The rest were either exciting or completely dominant.

GSP could never be accused of having terrible fight IQ. Woodley is fantastic when he decides to fight as is Wonderboy. In comparison, GSP although overly-safe at times was never hesitant to engage. Not once.

Way to counter the argument.
That's all you are. Big time nuthugger. GSP's fights were boring and he took no risks. He fought one dimensional opponents and then once he fought a well rounded guy (Hendricks) he got beat up.

GSP was horrible to watch. At least GSP after his loss to Serra. Before that he was exciting and went for it a lot more. I'm not a fan of post-Serra GSP. #HughesWWGOAT

The first half of his reign had great fights

GSP never pulled shit like this. The man was constantly working, shame he never finished anyone after Penn 2.

I mean I dunno about exciting by its purest definition but the way he shut people down was very intriguing. In his prime it was always a question of how well his opponents could avoid being dominated not if theyd win. Thats crazy. I was impressed with him against Johny too, especially that fifth round.

I say the 5th round against Hendricks was the best round of his career.

It's one of the reasons I'm not that excited that he's coming back. That round was the perfect way to end his career.

That's all you are. Big time nuthugger. GSP's fights were boring and he took no risks. He fought one dimensional opponents and then once he fought a well rounded guy (Hendricks) he got beat up.

He fought guys exactly like who fought for the belt tonight.. And better. Woodley is a wrestler with power.

Like Kos
Wonderboy is a striker. Alves
Great grapplers.. Shields. You name it he dominated.

You discredit yourself with dumb shit like this. Nobody takes you seriously on other topics because of the idiocy I just quoted.

GSP was never boring. He always stayed active after he took guys down.

You discredit yourself with dumb shit like this. Nobody takes you seriously on other topics because of the idiocy I just quoted.
You're crying (ironic) because I'm not worshipping the safest and most underwhelming champion in UFC history.

He wasn't a particularly exciting fighter but when a fighter goes on that sort of streak their fights become exciting just because you wonder "Will this be the one he loses".

He fought guys exactly like who fought for the belt tonight.. And better. Woodley is a wrestler with power.

Like Kos
Wonderboy is a striker. Alves
Great grapplers.. Shields. You name it he dominated.
He didn't dominate Shields lol

He fought guys like Diaz and Condit who can't defend a TD and one dimensional "strikers" like Hardy and Alves.

...no you're crying because I'm talking bad on your favorite fighter.

Naw. You're just saying dumb shit.

I am trying to help you regain some credibility.

And my favorite fighter is Emelianenko Fyodor, thank you very much.

He wasn't exciting, but who cares, he was the best WW during his reign.

Naw. You're just saying dumb shit.

I am trying to help you regain some credibility.
It's not dumb actually, it's factual.

Hendricks beat him up and then he ran away from the sport... for what reason again? Lol

Back