In retrospect, was Askren for MM a good trade?

Absolutely. Askren generated revenue for the UFC in his short time that MM never did while finally getting the chance to test himself in the deep water. While MM went over to a market in Asian that appreciates his style of marketability in martial arts with new competition. Win win.

Still blows my mind that MM didn't get his rematch

Good that there was a bit of a circus around Askren being shown up as a journeyman but it wasn't worth losing Mighty Mouse from a spectator point of view.

That KO produced more response than MM's entire career...

In hindsight yes it was a good trade
It’s just too bad that MM isn’t around to fight Davidson right now

UFC got the Masvidal knee out of it, I think it's about even.

Yes it was good. All 3 fights were successful for the UFC and Ben sold those fights. They also got the fastest KO ever and in spectacular fashion.

Let see. Askren put on 3 fights with more hype behind them than any of Mighty Mouse's fights. Masvidal became a star by KOing him in 5 seconds. And the flyweight division is MUCH more interesting now. The trade was a win for everyone.

Absolutley. He generated more excitement in the Robbie fight alone than anything MM did

Hell no, not for me at least.

DJ is a GOAT and what did we get?
We got a ton of Masvidal fans with their annoying and infantile "street jesus" and "three piece with the soda" BS and that stuff peaked when they introduced the abomination that has been the BMF belt.
This trade was super necessary

giphy.gif

I don't really follow ONE that much, but now that things have had a chance to play out a little bit, did the UFC get a good deal?

I think because MM had cleaned his division out multiple times over, was to small to move up and the fact that other than the lighter women divisions its one of the least popular divisions in the UFC... the UFC probably did well out if it, they got a new unbeaten challenger who was calling out big names like Usman, Khabib etc, yeh he got his ass beat but MM had gone stale so it was a worthwhile gamble.

That tiny man could beat up 99.9% of the world including you. Its not his fault you have an superiority complex.

Noone is paying to see that poster fight, and if MM could beat up 99.9% of the world then shove him in there with Ngannou and lets get some real entertainment

Dj is alright but everything about him was boring, with him leaving Masvidal became a star and gave us so many moments, that punk Askren got humbled and even the FLW is pretty exciting right now.

As far as I'm concerned the UFC won big in this deal

Back