In Memoriam Technique - Veteran Suicide

BJJJoe

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Some of you have probably seen the 22 Push Up Challenge/#‎22pushups‬/#‎22KILL all over your Facebook the last month or so. The challenge was created to bring awareness to veteran suicide and to provide information for help. Every day 22 Veterans commit suicide because they felt like there was no way out.

If you work closely with the military, like I have for the last 20 years, suicide is not uncommon within the ranks. I'm on day 8 of the challenge and while reflecting on how many service members I've known who have committed suicide, I was suprised by the numbers.

If you or someone you know is in need of help call 1-800-237-8255 - Suicide Prevention Lifeline.

This week's technique is dedicated to HMC Kevin Benton Jr, USN, who left behind a beloved wife and beautiful daughter. He left this earth on July 28, 1977 and was only 39 years old. Fair Winds and Following Seas Shipmate.

Professor Ricardo Tubbs created a foundation to honor HMC Benton and to provide an outlet for PTSD survivors via Jiu Jitsu.

https://www.facebook.com/KB1FPTSD/home

Last edited:
In Memory of SFC Orlando Diaz

Last edited:
Back