• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

In light of school shootings,cliques, and bullying would you Home school?

Exactly

My son Wrestles, does BJJ, and swims

My girls do volleyball, BJJ, and swim

all go to numerous church functions for kids , children's bible study classes, and other church activities with children from like minded parents all the time.
i think that’s the most important part: like minded parents. At school you don’t know who the hell theyre surrounded by or what degenerates are in their classes. Thanks but no thanks, I’ll keep an eye on my kids and feel good about who their friends are.

Home school where it's your parents teaching you? No.

Online school, yes definitely. I think all school above about 7th grade should be online. The current middle/high school system in North America is dog shit and should be allowed to die.

whats the issue with private schools? If your wife could stay at home to teach, feasibly you could afford private schooling no?

A Private Christian academy like Detroit Country Day or Cranbrook would be awesome. the thing is I'm a Government wage slave so I don't make that much. and the wife's whole salary would go to covering three kids in Private school that said if my kids could get some type of scholarship like Chris Webber and Shane Battier got from Country Day then I would choose that option over homeschool.

https://www.dcds.edu/

https://schools.cranbrook.edu/page

Home school where it's your parents teaching you? No.

Online school, yes definitely. I think all school above about 7th grade should be online. The current middle/high school system in North America is dog shit and should be allowed to die.

80% agree with your post...

A Private Christian academy like Detroit Country Day or Cranbrook would be awesome. the thing is I'm a Government wage slave so I don't make that much. and the wife's whole salary would go to covering three kids in Private school that said if my kids could get some type of scholarship like Chris Webber and Shane Battier got from Country Day then I would choose that option over homeschool.

https://www.dcds.edu/

https://schools.cranbrook.edu/page

Good luck to you and your family with whichever you choose. May God watch and protect over you

Well that's not the point either we know the American Public School systems of socialization and education are doing a shitty job. So why not try something different?

Depends on where you live. There are plenty of districts where the public school system is doing great. There are others where it's awful. Which was exactly what I was saying about home schooling. As I have seen both.

I wouldn't do it.

I know that the missus and myself lack the discipline to do it right over the necessary time period. I've researched what you need and the time commitment required just to cover the academic stuff, let alone the social stuff.

I wouldn't be doing my kid any favors by pretending that I'm a capable instructor of the k-12 curriculum.

I wouldn't do it.

I know that the missus and myself lack the discipline to do it right over the necessary time period. I've researched what you need and the time commitment required just to cover the academic stuff, let alone the social stuff.

I wouldn't be doing my kid any favors by pretending that I'm a capable instructor of the k-12 curriculum.

congrats on making mod man. I left the Warroom after the meltdown with Hollywood nickey I've been lurking I might comeback lol

If the knowledge I'm teaching them is the truth ...then why would I "limit" them with a preposterous lie like evolution?

i get it. you have to believe that evolution is a lie.

Don't get me wrong I believe that certain aspects of science with regards to Technological advancements in Engineering, and Computing for example are very relevant and helpful to mankind.

yea, you dont really have an option but to acknowledge that those things exist, or are helpful. really, you believe/trust pretty much all science, unless it doesnt jive with one of your other beliefs. thats how most people are.

But to denounce the obvious design behind something like the Human eye is silly.

a really shitty design, actually. there are a lot of problems with eyes. you may have noticed a near identical design in most other animals btw........

tbh the more science discovers about our human body and how incomprehensibly complex all of the systems acting together to keep us alive are.

complex compared to what? we have no other lifeforms to compare life on earth to. no other reality to compare to. what is complex is relative to your experience. at one time, the mechanisms behind basic crop rotation or the discovery of germs must have seemed nearly unfathomable.

IMHO it all smacks of a creator.

ok. so why would a creator not use evolution? youd rather him pull life out of his top hat? snap his fingers?

no way this is happenstance random selection or just put itself together.

step 1 for debunking evolution.....learn what it is.

reading your comments and attempts to dispel evolution is like reading this:

"hey basketball is so stupid...i mean, why can they only use their feet when they play and not their hands. soccer is way better."

you dont know what you're talking about. im not saying that to be a dick. its just obvious.

Can you show us this proof of macro evolution? I have never had a bio professor able to show me. Maybe you can though.

lets start with ring species

ringspecies.gif

I don’t think many of you guys are up for teaching anything

People should be doing anything possible to keep their children out of public schools regardless of guns, bullying or anything else. Schools today are nothing but assembly lines turning out confused democrat cry babies. Unionized teachers are no longer teaching, they're preaching. No thanks.

you dont think that with more time, the mechanism behind ring species could lead to more dramatic changes? be honest with yourself.
That is not proof Johnny. This requires too many assumptions and cannot be presented as fact.

i get it. you have to believe that evolution is a lie.

yea, you dont really have an option but to acknowledge that those things exist, or are helpful. really, you believe/trust pretty much all science, unless it doesnt jive with one of your other beliefs. thats how most people are.

a really shitty design, actually. there are a lot of problems with eyes. you may have noticed a near identical design in most other animals btw........

complex compared to what? we have no other lifeforms to compare life on earth to. no other reality to compare to. what is complex is relative to your experience. at one time, the mechanisms behind basic crop rotation or the discovery of germs must have seemed nearly unfathomable.

ok. so why would a creator not use evolution? youd rather him pull life out of his top hat? snap his fingers?

step 1 for debunking evolution.....learn what it is.

reading your comments and attempts to dispel evolution is like reading this:

"hey basketball is so stupid...i mean, why can they only use their feet when they play and not their hands. soccer is way better."

you dont know what you're talking about. im not saying that to be a dick. its just obvious.

say you're right and we did come from nothing exploding then slime then us.

I still think public school education and all the terrible social angst and clique social constructs that go along with high school is a waste of time. And imo not only does it not educate children but the whole high school experience could be , and in many instances is a detriment to a teens personality development and self esteem if they're not one of the "cool kids"

Public school education if you're not in the "in" crowd harms self esteem and self image and doesn't even educate for all the emotion tumult the non cool kids get. so what's the point? jus saying.

Back