In Case Cain Lose....

Shaddows

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Look, I am not a hater. I think he is the #3 in the division (under Junior & AO).

But: Hypothetically, if Junior KO's him again, what do you think he should do?
Fight his (long) way back to contention or drop to LHW and challenge Jones?

I ask that because DC was supposed to go down in case Cain wins. But if he loses, I don't think anyone will support him fighting a third time for the belt in at least a couple of years.

What do you think???

I think there are still HW fights for him even if a title shot isn't going to happen.

Even if Cain loses again, he can still fight for the title again provided that Junior gets beaten by someone else like Overeem or Cormier

Case in point: Lyoto Machida, who lost twice to Shogun in the minds of UFC brass, which is all that matters for match-making. He still managed to challenge Jones for the LHW title

It puts him in a tough spot. He can continue to fight at HW and or he can try and make the cut to 205. It's not going to be an easy cut for him though.

I think he works AO.

Also he has been a HWT for a long time and his speed is one of his big advantages. He may lose that and be sucked out at 205.

He hasn't lost an fights due to size so no reason to go down yet.

I don't see him getting the victory in this fight, but I would like to see him fight Barnett. That would be a nice scrap.

Look, I am not a hater. I think he is the #3 in the division (under Junior & AO).

I ask that because DC was supposed to go down in case Cain wins. But if he loses, I don't think anyone will support him fighting a third time for the belt in at least a couple of years.

What do you think???

Unfortunately,. i can see him getting KO'd again :(

Cain would destroy Jones at LHW.

He should wait and see what happens with JDS/Overeem. If JDS wins that, then he either drops to 205 or considers fighting Cormier if he manages to beat JDS.

I dont know.....I dont see him dropping to LHW, Cain is a big guy.

I dont think so, jones is a better fighter at LHW then Cain is at LHW. Without the muscle, I dont see Cain beating Jones.

Cain isnt a fast fighter and he is pretty slow and is far lesser striker then jones. He will be at jones weight and I dont see him beating jones at that weight.

Its possible he can out wrestle Jones but no one has and Cain would have a reach disadvantage along with a height, speed, striking, and submission disadvantage against jones who can sub, very well.

Cain is a top division HW, I dont know how that translates to the much faster and more well rounded LHW division with guys who pack as much power as the HW's but are more athletic, faster and wellrounded.

Cains workrate is his biggest strength and he can wrestle for 5 rounds with no problem.

Cain can beat most of the LHW's since he is a top division fighter, I dont think he can beat Jones and I dont see him destroying jones at all.

Without a significant weight advantage on Cains part, its hard for me to see Cain beating Jones.

He is just not the fighter Jones is

But I would love to see him try

Last edited:
I don't think Cain should drop down if he loses. HW is where he belongs.

I love Cain but we should see him fight at 205 before saying he would do anything there.

Going down in weight doesn't always work out.

Guys can lose power, stamina and a speed advantage they had over bigger guys.

No way should Cain drop down.
Even when he loses to Cigano, he's still the 2nd best HW.

Cain is a bit flabby and could drop ton 205 and do well but I don't see him fairing well against Jones. Jones is no wrestling slouch and his speed and reach would pick Cain apart. I would love to see Cain vs Cormier, that would be an amazing fight.

Cain is not dropping to LHW, he has too much Pride for that. I see Cain beating JDS but if he doesnt he will probably stay at HW, Cain has too much pride to go down and let that defeat him.

I think he works his way back towards another title shot. It may take him a couple years or he may have to wait until there's another champ but I don't see him dropping weight unless he get beat by a few guys in the top 5 not just JDS.

What do you think???

he is winning this fight. but even if he is losing it , he can still stay at hw

I think there are still HW fights for him even if a title shot isn't going to happen.

This.

Even if Cain loses again, he can still fight for the title again provided that Junior gets beaten by someone else like Overeem or Cormier

and this.

Back