International In an interesting twist a Russian made Mig-29 being flown in formation with US F-16's

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score

Belgian air force flies Migs and commonly train apparently with USAF fighter pilots. Anyways this is not the first time it happens a lot even in Asian countries where US pilots are not allowed to enter on the grounds the areas where the Russian made Migs are located. We even have seen Russian Mig-35's in training with US made F-18 fighters. I guess if an alien race came invading the world we would need US and Russian made as well as piloted fighters for the fight that would last 5 mins before the vastly superior alien weapons took over the planet hey I seen the movies. lol.

bd6e2799d8952b43f60958ab529faea9.gif

the F-35 is pretty cool too.

bd6e2799d8952b43f60958ab529faea9.gif

the F-35 is pretty cool too.
IIRC the critique it gets is mostly unjustified.
(Critique mainly being that the US should just have left the warthog and all other dogfighters except the F-22 in their roles, instead of having the F-35 replace most of them.)

I guess if an alien race came invading the world we would need US and Russian made as well as piloted fighters for the fight that would last 5 mins before the vastly superior alien weapons took over the planet hey I seen the movies. lol.
Luckily, it's incredibly unlikely that alien civilizations that have (and need) the ability for interstellar travel would come to earth with the intention of harming us.

the warthog..

talk about a beautiful, crude aircraft.

tenor.gif
I like it too, very iconic and the fact that the official name is "thunderbolt" which also happens to be the name of the nearly indestructible P-47 in WWII, is fitting too.

Just saying that to my knowledge that making the F-35 did make sense from a military standpoint, imo.

Man some people in my area are freaking out about the F-35's being at our local base because of the noise. There are already F-16's there.

I'm kinda like...well you bought a house in a neighborhood next to an air force base. Easy for me to say out in the burbs I guess where I don't hear them...but still.

I like it too, very iconic and the fact that the official name is "thunderbolt" which also happens to be the name of the nearly indestructible P-47 in WWII, is fitting too.

Just saying that to my knowledge that making the F-35 did make sense from a military standpoint, imo.

oh I agree with you...I wonder with AI will take over human pilots.

Man some people in my area are freaking out about the F-35's being at our local base because of the noise. There are already F-16's there.

I'm kinda like...well you bought a house in a neighborhood next to an air force base. Easy for me to say out in the burbs I guess where I don't hear them...but still.
Don't worry, they will soon be shipped off to the UAE.

Awaiting for the announcement that Saudi Arabia will officially recognize Israel soon so that they too can get some F-35s.

Anyways this is not the first time it happens a lot even in Asian countries where US pilots are not allowed to enter on the grounds the areas where the Russian made Migs are located. .

Russia's still butthurt over loosing Firefox to a PTSD drunk with the shakes.
image-w856.jpg

IIRC the critique it gets is mostly unjustified.
(Critique mainly being that the US should just have left the warthog and all other dogfighters except the F-22 in their roles, instead of having the F-35 replace most of them.)
The warthog was America, big,fat, and brutish. Not afraid to go in and destroy everything.

oh I agree with you...I wonder with AI will take over human pilots.
That's a good question.
I feel that it'll still take a lot of time to make an AI that comes close to replicating the ability of a human as a human flying an aircraft/steering a drone, but then again, who knows really.
Technology sometimes doesn't advance much for a while and sometimes it goes through the roof all of a sudden, at least from what i've experienced.

The warthog was America, big,fat, and brutish. Not afraid to go in and destroy everything.
The infantry loved/loves it, as do many who flew it, IIRC.

But it does have some weaknesses and although i don't know them all from the top of my head, i recall speed being one.

Depending on the enemy and the situation it can probably still be the ideal plane, but i understand that the military doesn't want to rely on it in the future.

The infantry loved/loves it, as do many who flew it, IIRC.

But it does have some weaknesses and although i don't know them all from the top of my head, i recall speed being one.

Depending on the enemy and the situation it can probably still be the ideal plane, but i understand that the military doesn't want to rely on it in the future.
It was a slow moving behemoth but the sound from it let everyone know death was coming to some unlucky bastards.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back