In 10 years time...

MP15

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Assuming that MMA continues to prosper and that, in 10 years time, the UFC remains the premiere MMA organization, what type of evolution will we see? More precisely:

1. What skillsets would the average and elite fighters in the UFC have?

2. What structural changes will we see to the manner in which competition is bred out and contenders are built? Will we see more drawn out tournaments (e.g. like the FlW tournament) or year long leagues (like many other sports)?

3. What rule developments do you expect? - Maybe changes concerning issues such as weigh-ins (weight cutting), no open-figure gloves, stand-up times to avoid stalling, judges watching replays etc?

4. What type of strategies and skillsets will make long-reigning champions?

Anything else interesting? Discuss.

ring girls with bigger breast enlargements are the safest bet

edit: in my opinion, wrestling will always remain the base, as it dictates the fight and who retains control so that fighter can fight the way they want to fight (ie. GSP choosing to stand with his opponents). I have always seen it though as a pendulum where strategies emerge that work very well, but then more fighters devote more to training to counter these strategies and thus the pendulum swings back. I think in general though as fighters get paid better money and get more exposure (to attract sponsorships and advertising revenues), the sport will attract more top athletes as opposed to just great fighters. We are already seeing this.

Last edited:
In 10 years time MMA fighters will no longer be born attached to umbilical cords; rather, they will rappel down from their mom's vag via a BJJ Blackbelt, take a 5 mile warm-up run, and start working MT pads.

In 10 years time MMA fighters will no longer be born attached to umbilical cords; rather, they will rappel down from their mom's vag via a BJJ Blackbelt, take a 5 mile warm-up run, and start working MT pads.

This.

1. What skillsets would the average and elite fighters in the UFC have?
knife skills

2. What structural changes will we see to the manner in which competition is bred out and contenders are built? Will we see more drawn out tournaments (e.g. like the FlW tournament) or year long leagues (like many other sports)?
knife pits

3. What rule developments do you expect? - Maybe changes concerning issues such as weigh-ins (weight cutting), no open-figure gloves, stand-up times to avoid stalling, judges watching replays etc?
stabbing frowned upon , but legal

4. What type of strategies and skillsets will make long-reigning champions?
multiple knives

10 years our government will collapse, so i think we will see more knives in the UFC

Japanese stick fighting will be more popular than the UFC.

Well, so much for serious discussion...

And knives don't seem convenient. I would expect wolverine style claws, or at least, sharpened knuckle dusters.

Also, with knives, "glass chins" won't be the issue. The most fragile fighters will be known to have cuttable "paper skin".

Back