In 10 years, Khabib will unanimously be considered the GOAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was ready to do it if there wasn't a money issue with the UFC... unless you think he's scared of Francis...
I don’t necessarily believe he’s that scared of Francis, but let’s say I do believe that if Stipe won that fight, the contracts would have been signed already.

gsp anderson fedor jones usman hudghes royce dc stipe dj couture

That is a silly list and you know it lol on no planet would usman/hughes/royce/dc/dj/couture be mentioned when talking about GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Are they all great yes absolutely but more dominant and higher up than Khabib? lol not a chance unless you hate Khabib for some reason. Usually the beating he laid on a sherdog loved leprechaun is the cause of that hate.

There's no such thing as a "unanimous GOAT", and never will be.

GSP fans would still treat GSP as one, same with Fedor, Jones fans and the others. I mean, Usman might beat the UFC win streak record in a couple of years and join the conversation as well.

And in 10 years the younger generation of fans wouldn't really give a shit about any of them, including Khabib, because new superstars gonna emerge and eclipse the old ones, as it always happened.

Imagine thinking a guy with 3 title defenses is the GOAT <45>

That is a silly list and you know it lol on no planet would usman/hughes/royce/dc/dj/couture be mentioned when talking about GREATEST OF ALL TIME. Are they all great yes absolutely but more dominant and higher up than Khabib? lol not a chance unless you hate Khabib for some reason. Usually the beating he laid on a sherdog loved leprechaun is the cause of that hate.
all dj usman hughes couture and dc have more tittle than him usman is probably on the way do i think khabib is a better figther than some of them sure but they all have had more memorable runs

all dj usman hughes couture and dc have more tittle than him usman is probably on the way do i think khabib is a better figther than some of them sure but they all have had more memorable runs

Yea but thats a double edge sword cause they all also have a lot more losses and some of them losses to scrubs. I mean MM just got KO'd this weekend by a guy most never heard of. Not only that who are MM biggest wins that division was shallow as fuck. Khabib went threw the toughest division when a lot of these guys were still in their prime. I agree with you though retiring at 32 or 33 whatever he is sucks and I think if he sticked around long enough he would also lose. Time gets eveyone. The goat discussions in general are pretty fucking stupid. But Royce? Come on lol he beat nobody. I guess Saku is the goat too!!

he has THREE title defenses

I think BJ Penn has more

Yea but thats a double edge sword cause they all also have a lot more losses and some of them losses to scrubs. I mean MM just got KO'd this weekend by a guy most never heard of. Not only that who are MM biggest wins that division was shallow as fuck. Khabib went threw the toughest division when a lot of these guys were still in their prime. I agree with you though retiring at 32 or 33 whatever he is sucks and I think if he sticked around long enough he would also lose. Time gets eveyone. The goat discussions in general are pretty fucking stupid. But Royce? Come on lol he beat nobody. I guess Saku is the goat too!!
okay i ll give you Royce but in all fairness they have more losses but they have fougth higher level competition for longer

Heres the first 16 opponents of Khabibs "legendary" 29-0 win streak, with their records at the time Khabib faced them.

Vusal Bayramov 0-0
Magomed Magomedov 0-4
Ramazan Krubanismailov 0-1
Shamil Abdukerimov 2-0
Said Akhmed 0-0
Eldar Eldarov 1-0
Shabulat Shamlaev 2-0
Ali Bagov 2-1
Vitaliy Ostrovskiy 5-3
Alexander Agafonov 4-2
Said Khalidov 13-9
Ashot Shahinyan 0-2
Kadzhik Abadzhyan 1-1
Hamiz Mamedov 4-3
Vadim Sandulskiy 0-0
Arymarcel Santos 28-22

Is he coming back to defend his title about 8 more times?

Name 10 fighters that could be considered better than Khabib ...
Nah I'm good. Even if I did, there's zero percent chance you'd agree. Agree to disagree and move on.

For sure though Fedor, Jones, Silva, GSP 100 percent are.

Heres the first 16 opponents of Khabibs "legendary" 29-0 win streak, with their records at the time Khabib faced them.

Vusal Bayramov 0-0
Magomed Magomedov 0-4
Ramazan Krubanismailov 0-1
Shamil Abdukerimov 2-0
Said Akhmed 0-0
Eldar Eldarov 1-0
Shabulat Shamlaev 2-0
Ali Bagov 2-1
Vitaliy Ostrovskiy 5-3
Alexander Agafonov 4-2
Said Khalidov 13-9
Ashot Shahinyan 0-2
Kadzhik Abadzhyan 1-1
Hamiz Mamedov 4-3
Vadim Sandulskiy 0-0
Arymarcel Santos 28-22
29 and 0 bro! 29 and 0! No cuts bro! No bruises bro! 29 and 0!

Nah I'm good. Even if I did, there's zero percent chance you'd agree. Agree to disagree and move on.

For sure though Fedor, Jones, Silva, GSP 100 percent are.

I think GSP is GOAT. Avenged all losses. Completely dominant. Never popped and a genuine good representation of the sport.

Anderson had a great run but prob was roided for most of it. Also has almost as long a losing streak in the twilight of his career. Jones forget it steroid cheat imo. Fedor I love him but I'm not comfortable labeling someone the goat when they never even competed in the biggest UFC. I thought crocop would dominate the ufc hw division and we saw how that turned out. I'd have loved to actually see fedor dominate in the ufc and not fight too long getting Ko'd and finishing by a185'er and fucking meat head. That hurt.

You're right though agree to disagree and move on.

I think GSP is GOAT. Avenged all losses. Completely dominant. Never popped and a genuine good representation of the sport.

Anderson had a great run but prob was roided for most of it. Also has almost as long a losing streak in the twilight of his career. Jones forget it steroid cheat imo. Fedor I love him but I'm not comfortable labeling someone the goat when they never even competed in the biggest UFC. I thought crocop would dominate the ufc hw division and we saw how that turned out. I'd have loved to actually see fedor dominate in the ufc and not fight too long getting Ko'd and finishing by a185'er and fucking meat head. That hurt.

You're right though agree to disagree and move on.
to be fair nobody dominates the category of monsters in the ufc, the destiny of every HW is to be crushed by another heavyweight.

TalkativePlainCoyote-size_restricted.gif

MiocicNgannou.gif

c4e2ee3cedcaffe56144faacdecd7e70.gif

hGOkuuY.gif
4.gif

images

everyone cuts weight to escape the HW category, the man who dominates that category will be the real GOAT.

Everyone you mentioned had better wins by the time they were like 23. And lost well past there prime. Or to great fighters along the way. Khabib fought 4 good to very good guys on his 26-29th win.

Nobody is saying Joe calzaghe because he was undefeated. And beat Jeff lady. And old Roy jones jr. and Bernard Hopkins. All in there 40s except lacy

But this is mma. Nobody knows anything about it. People in here discuss fights and for opinions on the fights they didn’t even watch.

you just can’t be the best ever with that resume. If beating mgregor and poirer and gaetje makes you the greatest of all time. I don’t know what to say. There are dozens of fughters with better resumes.

People say fedors record is padded. I know you fellas haven’t watched the fight. But I suppose go to fight finder and just compare who’s fighting who at whatever stage if there career.

khabib is a great fighter. He just didn’t prove it until he won a belt. He didn’t prove up on his climb to the belt. Unless you want to count Michael Johnson. Old oat healey. And winning the title from al iaquinta. He beat poirer. Many have. And Gaetje. I love gatje and he had succes. But a poor performance. And Conor.

The best of all time would have a resume about x5 of that. And I like khabib.

fighting the best and losing doesn’t matter so much when you’ve done in dozens of times. But fighting the best 3 or 4 times doesn’t mean a lot to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back