• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

impressive victory but....

She won the title by spiking Thug Rose which is illegal

Who cares

Read up on the rules before you act all salty.

If your opponent is attempting a submission hold and you do not have full control of your body then you are allowed to bring your opponent down in any way, including head spiking.

I just watched Zhang elbowing Andrade several times behind the ear.

Are these elbow shots legal?

About as "legal" as Jessica's slam on Rose. It's a little grey.

Read up on the rules before you act all salty.

If your opponent is attempting a submission hold and you do not have full control of your body then you are allowed to bring your opponent down in any way, including head spiking.

giphy.gif

jF5fFo.gif

Good luck getting anyone to care enough to overturn it

Nah, behind the ear is legal.

"Back of the head" in MMA is basically Chuck Liddell's mohawk. Where he has hair is illegal.

Plus Andrade was turning away from them, so if they did hit the back of the head that's still legal.

People will watch mma for 10 years and still not understand this, dumb fucks

...them elbows were to the back of the head, no?

I am not saying they were the one who did Jessica.
She got caught then those elbows then those knees.

but those elbows were to the back of the head IMO... did I see it wrong?
omg really? who fuckin cares. they were obviously not intentional if they did land behind the head.

People will watch mma for 10 years and still not understand this, dumb fucks

They make up their own rules and scoring criteria based on their own intrinsic biases.

Definitely dumb fucks.

Jesus.... Some of you guys really need to educate yourselves.

Timestamped...

Those elbows were perfectly legal and it shouldn't even be a discussion.

Edit... I think a lot of you guys should watch the entire video because it's clear that a basic understanding of the rules of MMA is lacking in this forum.

Last edited:
Idiots who don't know the rule. Behind the ear is not illegal. Look at the video posted with BJM explaining it and especially at 4:05

Inadvertent elbows that hit the ear or behind the ear during a fire fight are almost never going to be called. It happens, and has happened many times.
And they shouldn't. Behind the ear, let alone the ear, is NOT ILLEGAL.

...them elbows were to the back of the head, no?

I am not saying they were the one who did Jessica.
She got caught then those elbows then those knees.

but those elbows were to the back of the head IMO... did I see it wrong?

Look again, thrown from the side, hits behind the ear and also makes contact with the ear. 100% legal shots
MindlessJoyfulKid-size_restricted.gif

Nah, behind the ear is legal.

"Back of the head" in MMA is basically Chuck Liddell's mohawk. Where he has hair is illegal.
Best explanation I've seen on the "back of the head". They should put Chuck's Mohawk in the official rules.

Also, if a strike lands there because the opponent turned his head, it's legal.

Right when Bisping said Zhang can't stand in the pocket with the champ, she KO's her 5 seconds later! Good call Count!<Lmaoo>

1. I don't think the elbows were to the back of the head. They looked legit to me.
2. Andrade should have thought her game plan better.
3. As every sport event in China, before celebrating, it is a good thing to wait for the anti-doping tests.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuralAttacker25
Back