Impressed with Diaz

amok attitude

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
For a long time i have been skeptical about the Diaz brothers. Sure they are the spirit, the cardio, decent hands etc...BUT, and its a huge one, they seem to never adapt and more never have the will to during a fight. It was like they were coming for a fight, with tons of skills and experience, but to do exactly the same thing each time. Problem is quite simple, the things which work against the kind of Mc Gregor or Johnson or Lawler (etc...) dont necessarly work against GSP or simply RDA. That being said, and for the first time i can remember, i have seen one of the 2 bros adapting during a fight to show fight IQ. Nate did great cause he was smart enough to refuse a pure boxing fight with Pettis. He dirtyboxed the guy, clinching with him to nullify that fuc.kin left of Pettis which is deadly. Pettis countered Diaz severly in the 3 first minutes of the fight. I thought at this point, it would be quick but Nate adapted and whopped pettis ass. Best performance from him imo. We had to wait to witness it but it was great anyway. Maybe one day we will even see more kicks from him...

Lets hope he gets more active again.

Masvidal fight would be awesome, well the trash talk anyway.

Oh and you wont get banned if you use a paragraph.

I thought Diaz would lose to Pettis in a fight similar to the RDA one, I didn't think the lay off would help him either. Nate looked great though happy to be wrong.

Hopefully he's a lot more active and can step up to be a main draw now there's no Conor, Ronda, GSP etc.

I thought Diaz would lose to Pettis in a fight similar to the RDA one, I didn't think the lay off would help him either. Nate looked great though happy to be wrong.

Hopefully he's a lot more active and can step up to be a main draw now there's no Conor, Ronda, GSP etc.
people talk about the rda fight like nate wasnt blatantly overweight complaining him and the ufc were having contract disputes. im not saying rda wouldnt have won, but that wasnt something in my mind that played a factor goin into this one. also consider rda beat the fuck out of pettis aswell breaking his orbital.

people talk about the rda fight like nate wasnt blatantly overweight complaining him and the ufc were having contract disputes. im not saying rda wouldnt have won, but that wasnt something in my mind that played a factor goin into this one. also consider rda beat the fuck out of pettis aswell breaking his orbital.

I don't think you can blame contract disputed as a reason Nate lost lmao. Most fighters aren't happy with their contracts in the UFC.

I don't think you can blame contract disputed as a reason Nate lost lmao. Most fighters aren't happy with their contracts in the UFC.
no nate lost because he got beat up. i just think when u are 5 ibs over without a disclosed injury that motivation probably wasnt that high. also him and dana openly beefing at that time over contracts in my head seemed to be why nate came in over for the 1st and only time

im not trying to imply he beats rda that night motivated.

Lets hope he gets more active again.

Masvidal fight would be awesome, well the trash talk anyway.

Oh and you wont get banned if you use a paragraph.

Lol about the paragraph thing, i ll keep that in mind.

For mas - nate, it will definitely be a great one with 2 vets at the top of their game.

Back