• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IMDb rigged, too?: Or, is the greatest movie of the 2010's a Turkish war film we've never heard of?

@Madmick

Totally see your point. At this stage of my life. I don’t trust any rating systems any more. I just start watching things, and if they can’t hold me within the 1st half hour I shut it down. And if someone asks whether a movie is good or not, my new blanket answer is a yes/no, but your mileage may vary.

Yea I agree I really don't trust reviews anymore. When it comes to movies there isnt anyone I trust. When it comes to games there's a few reviewers I'll listen to.

I like IMDb because it captures the important demographic of people who are serious movie goers but aren't professional movie critics.

Rotten Tomatoes has the unfortunate situation where their critic score is entirely from movie critics and their user score is overwhelmingly influenced by casuals. Thus they are overly impacted by both woke politics and review bombing.

It reminds me of a few years ago when a movie called "The Promise" came out a few years ago. It's an American movie about the Amenian genocide.

Before it was received, it had gotten thousands of 1-bombs on its score. Clearly it was politics, as the director had pointed out.

It reminds me of a few years ago when a movie called "The Promise" came out a few years ago. It's an American movie about the Amenian genocide.

Before it was received, it had gotten thousands of 1-bombs on its score. Clearly it was politics, as the director had pointed out.
The Armenian Genocide is still to this day denied by almost everyone except Armenians and a few others. It totally happened, and it was a legit genocide. Politics absolutely had something to do with it.

They are all rigged, this has been known for years.

Not even sure why imdb is still a website after they got rid of the forum. Literally everything on there has the same info on google

IMDB is pretty balanced when it comes to ratings because it has that sweet spot of balanced demographics between cinema nerds and casuals moviegoers. RT and Metacritics are full with critics on corporate payrolls, IMDB and RYM films aren't. Are there even any good critics left? seems like there's a void ever since Ebert passed away.

The main problem with IMDB is with shills who just vote 9/10 or 1/2 for movies they like or dislike to try to manipulate the ratings system. I always check the reviews and almost always filter out these extremes.

Based on the trailer, it looks like every other war movie we've all seen before.

It reminds me of another movie, "Danger Close," an Australian movie about the Vietnam War. I've never heard of it, but it seems to have good reviews.

Ever since IMDB removed the comments and discussion section I lost interest

"According to a statement on IMDB, the site's message forums and the private messaging system will be disabled on February 20th, because they “are no longer providing a positive, useful experience for the vast majority of our more than 250 million monthly users worldwide.” It's a bit of an end-of-an-era moment"

The IMDB discussion was the best part I used to post on there when I was taking theater and would discuss the endings of movies and would get answers from other film fans, removing it just cause some people were ripping some films or whatever is lame. Why censor the best part of the website because some companies complained about the negative discussion?

Back