Imagine if Wilder did this in MMA with 4oz gloves

SpedDaddyV

GOAT
@Black
Reaction score
This is the best boxing has? Wilder would be put to sleep by Mark Hunt if he tried this shit. Won't even mention how outclassed he would be against anyone who knows how to throw a leg kick.

Boxing is dying. Discuss

0a0vc5zrk7oz.gif

giphy.gif

He does this when his opponents are out

This is the best boxing has? Wilder would be put to sleep by Mark Hunt if he tried this shit. Won't even mention how outclassed he would be against anyone who knows how to throw a leg kick.

Boxing is dying. Discuss

0a0vc5zrk7oz.gif

giphy.gif

DazzlingSpanishIcterinewarbler-size_restricted.gif

He'd kill half the HW divison with teh jab alone.

Jokes aside he only does that when he's close to a finish. He knows that guys are too scared or hurt to capitalize. Besides when you Wilder power, you have a little bit of room to fuck around.

Boxing is dying. Discuss

0a0vc5zrk7oz.gif

giphy.gif
This is better defense and punching form than 99% of UFC HW's

Boxing is dying. Discuss

0a0vc5zrk7oz.gif

giphy.gif

All you did was cherry pick a couple of 2 second clips. In the first one the ref stepped in while he was winding up so of course he missed badly. In the second he was throwing haymakers at an opponent that was already hurt. That means nothing.

Mark Hunt? I love me some Hunto but you need to get serious man.

A couple of gifs and you think that’s evidence that “boxing is dying” lol.

Wilder's power in 4 oz gloves would be the first death in MMA.

He'd kill half the HW divison with teh jab alone.

Jokes aside he only does that when he's close to a finish. He knows that guys are too scared or hurt to capitalize. Besides when you Wilder power, you have a little bit of room to fuck around.

Exactly, TS has no idea what he’s talking about. Wilder is fully aware that isn’t good technique it just doesn’t matter in these cases.

I don't even follow boxing and I know that those are cherry-picked gifs of Wilder when he smells proverbial blood in the water. The guy actually has solid footwork and fundamentals in the earlier parts of a fight despite being an archetypal slugger.

K...

Now post some Fury, Ruiz, and Joshua gifs to see how boxing technique actually looks vs MMA punching

I'm not even a "striking in MMA is inferior" proponent. I think that's been thoroughly debunked. This thread is just dumb.

He would be in jail by this point, that kind of power is absurd and is not fair for everybody else

Wilder would be a LHW in MMA... even MW, considering he weighed in at 212lbs for the Fury fight, 223lbs for his latest fight, just like any other LHW and could push it to MW, considering what Costa/Romero did.

he does that when his enemy is hurt + smells blood.

thats nothing new.

Back