• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Imagine Colby Covington as Champion

Sean wont it fair and square after fighting whoever they put in front of him and now he is defending against the nr1 contender not long after winning his title.

Colby has a shit record and his only accomplishment is to lose competitive fights vs Usman.
He really has gustufsson syndrome where his best wins are losses.

gYkKmsD.png

In all seriousness... who is Colby best win?

RDA and that was a 48-47 and that was mainly because RDA poor IQ. Dos Anjos took down Colby pretty easily when he attempted to.
Maia was a shit fight.
Woodley, Masvidal and Robbie were so over the hill it wasn't funny at all.
Colby has never beaten a contender, dominantly, in a fight that was fun to watch. RDA was probably his best win for being a relatively entertaining fight and good fight against a contender with a non-controversial decision. It was even technically a title win, albeit in one of the sillier interim title fight bookings (An interim title fight with questionable participants when your champ is just about ready to start training for a title fight three months down the road? And not even because you contractually need a title fight at the top of the card? Seriously?) to grace the UFC. His best fights are definitely his losses to Usman.

Why not? It is why I'm rooting for Colby (as an Islam fan that wants him to win the WW belt). I don't think Colby beats Leon but if he somehow did it'd be good for Islam for sure.

It might be the worst championship reign we’ve ever seen. He might not even defend, he may just retire, which would be the best case scenario if he does beat Leon.

If he does decide to defend:

-He’ll barely ever defend the title, as he only fights once every 2 years these days

-He’ll completely duck the entire WW division in favor of so-called “money fights” with people like LW Poirier and then MW Sean Strickland, both which are not ranked WW’s currently.

-We’ll have to deal with another Interim Title while the actual champ holds up the division for years
I think it is a possibility. But another possibility is that karma hits him for the filth he said about Leon's father and that he retires after being humiliated.

Leon is a good guy and I hope he stays champ.

Colby as a champ is exactly the reason why I'm rooting for Leon, who I also don't like that much tbh.

You can forget Colby defending against contenders. He's focused on LW's like Poirier. The guy made a career of avoiding WW contenders.

Colby would be an active champion because of PPV points.

Everyone is wrong about him not defending.

He held out because he knows you're paid pennies when you don't get PPV points.

Leon has fought 5X in last 4 years. Coby has fought 5X in the last 4 years. So, what exactly are we imagining?
I find it so annoying that people over look this as if leon has been anymore active and has fought every top 10 guy there is, and DIDN'T earn a title fight from fighting nate diaz in the year of our lord 2021 lmao.

Dana has been trying to make this happen since 2018. Got him the interim title. Two shots that Colby blew and fights against bums to earn the shot. If he blows this, Dana gonna say Colby was never his friend.

I feel Sherdog’s new hosting provider will have its bandwidth tested if he wins. The question for me is will the site crash? Tonight we find out if the switch was worth it.

Except this is his 3rd fight in 2 years, just like Leon, and Leon is the one who said he wanted to call out the winner of Strickland/DDP, and he wanted to "defend" his title against effing Masvidal coming off multiple consecutive losses.

How would Colby be any worse than Leon, who got his title shot after almost getting KO'd by unranked Nate Diaz, 2 years after his previous win, and wanting 9 months off after his opponent had already been announced?

He's turning 36. he won't "defend every 2 years," he'll likely defend once or take some big superfight that he can try to sell and then retire.

Rent free.

Back