I'm writing a book, it's about me. (Writers Unite)

Metal_Daze

Geonor St Gregor
@Silver
Reaction score
Vain words. Egoistical, prideful words. Self-righteous words, self-centered words. Stop and get out if you can't take it anymore! The rest of the thread is like that, all the way to the end. See you and Happy new year!

Those who decided to keep up, thank you. You can jump to the story with no preparation or read the disclaimer, it's up to you. Without further ado:

I'm 41 and I accomplished nothing. The events recounted here are all true. Some of them will be “fictionalized”, mixed and meld into archetypal themes. A book will follow, I've been working on it for a year already. If you noticed I post a lot on Sherdog, don't worry. I have chosen multiple forums where I drop an essay left or right and Sherdog is among my favorite forums. Try to recognize me elsewhere, I'm still incognito.

So my life story. I will not go into childhood, that's for volume 2. I will recount here what happened for real. You're free to believe me, I will post multiple “proofs” and signs that point toward my story being legit. Keep in mind this is just a practice. These themes will be meld together and mixed like a concoction. But I digress. Last point. My identity will be revealed during the process. I don't care, it's part of the project.

No name but easy to find. Pictures, videos, link to multiple account / channels. You are free to browse and leave a comment, I don't make money with Youtube music. I make money elsewhere. If you recognize me, don't reveal too many details but feel free to confirm or deny my story. Drop a “hello” if you want, I'm always online.

Here's the true story.

Just like Elvis (here we go :mad:), I have a twin brother. :eek: Let me rephrase that. Just like Elvis, I had a twin brother. :oops: He's dead Jim. :( (no more emo-faces, I promise) He left us 10 years ago, 11 in February.

Elvis lost a brother he never knew but always knew. His lil'bro was stillborn. He dreamed about him, wished he could see him succeed. Wished he could have brought him on stage with him. He died after dreaming of him. He was going to join him and couldn't wait. My bro died when I turned 30. He left us by himself.

This is not my twin brother. This is a famous Québécois musician who took his own life. Same way as my bro. You can find a facebook memorial for my bro but it's private. Dédé is the guy's name. Dodo was my bro.
8162bac3-aea4-4521-9b8f-35d6f692393f.jpg

Back in 2004, I was Canadian Custom Officer and my bro was luggage steward. Or luggage thief, if you prefer. He was handling your luggage when you leave them to go to the airplane. I was searching them when you come back from vacation or enter the country for the first time. The Airport where we worked was called Mirabel, it's gone now.

I was working there as officer of the law. I had handcuffs, a telescopic stick and mace. Exiting luggage don't fall under my jurisdiction though. I'm in charge of entering luggage, security handles exiting luggage. Long story short: he was stealing luggage content and I didn't feel morally obligated to snitch on my twin bro. I would have if he had conspired to enter drugs because that falls under my jurisdiction (back then). He never did that, he knew better than to mess with me, his twin.

When the Airport closed (look it up), I moved to Trudeau Airport (YUL) but he was fired. I remained at Trudeau for a year and was asked to leave. I couldn't pretend to be a peace officer anymore, they smelled the weed on my clothes... Found another job in a week, started working there 2 days after.*

So when my twin left us, I was lost. Tried to go back to work, couldn't do it. Tried but failed, left in a big argument, never worked for a boss again. I was lost, I had to find myself. At that time, I was already playing music, but it was a hobby. My real passions were, in order: skateboard, snowboard, rollerblade, aki, combat sports, etc. Physical endeavors, if you like. I was never a pro. I'm 5'8, 145 at my peak.

I was damn close to Pro level. People who know me will confirm: I could jump over a car in rollerblades. I could do back and front flips in snowboard. I was good but certainly not the best. Unfortunately, I have very little footage of those times: I started rollerblading in 1991 if you want a time table. Skateboard movies were stinking back then and go pro didn't come until two decades later. I digress.

Me jumping in the back country, 1993. This has been my Facebook background since forever.
20avwjl.jpg

Then I fell, broke a leg. Clean break, only a metal plate with nails is necessary. They told me I would walk again. But not run. Certainly not jump. A small jump, yeah, but don't go dropping 12 steps like you used to. Don't go dropping 2 steps: it'll hurt for days. Keep in mind, this was mere months after my twin brother left us. The street I fell on was name St-Dominique. Guess the name of my twin bro?

500 meters from where I fell, rus St-Dominique, Montréal (coin Sherbrooke):
3-Monk.E.jpg

18 months rehab. Alone at home, erratic visits. Mom and Dad were hurt too, we were only two child. I was now one. Couldn't move by myself to go help them. They didn't really need me because they were moving out of the cursed house and building their Safe Haven. Just on the water shore (of a river, not the sea). They're in Florida with their friends during winter, they're happy now.

So I picked up my twin's video games. I was alone at home with money from the insurance so I could go through his collection. I was already a gamer but I was a PC master race guy, he was a PS2 guy. His favorite games were Resident Evil, Tekken, Dragonball, Diablo, things like that. I started console gaming that year, at 30.

I had a broken leg so even going to the bathroom was a hard task to be planned. I needed prep time! Went from crutches to cane in less than a year, could finally come down the 3rd floor on my own. I re-sourced myself in those video game stories and they made me think about my bro. So I started training and re-habing by myself, with very little help because when you don't ask, you only receive minimal help. No one's to blame but me.

Me rehabing my leg with a skateboard routine. Music by me and my partner.

Of course, I made the doctors lie because I could step back on rollerblades after 18 months. I officially stopped skateboarding and snowboarding at 40. Not because I can't, because it's a hassle. Keep in mind: there is no way my mind would let my jump again and there's no way my body would resist if I did. I was broken, but still working fine. I just can't crash anymore, it's that simple. As a skater/snowboarder, crashing was my way of life! Not anymore.

Me, still rehabing my leg in 2010. Music by my partner and our friends jamming. Listen to the drummer, he's not bad. Thinking of it, listen to the keyboard too, he's not bad either. Damn it, listen to everything:

So the book. Right. I will mix these themes in a consistant recipe. I will introduce characters and set obstacles. I will summon a friend, summon enemies to be confronted. I will talk of loyalty, betrayal. Death, resurrection. North – South / Cold – Hot. Feel free to pick and choose what you like, these themes are all universal. They must be linked to a story to be relevant and my story is unique.

Just like Elvis (here we go again), I had a twin. Because Elvis had a twin, there are millions of books about Elvis, his twin and the lost city of Atlantis (if you know what I mean). You can fill a warehouse with these books. My subject, my premise is as common as an Elvis impersonator.

But my story is unique.

Here's a quick sample of my day job. Last disclaimer, I swear!

I'm a teacher, technician and musician. My hobby is gaming. I list them in that order because I teach music as a part time, official day job. Gaming is the reason I started using a computer back in 1990. Music is the reason why I started learning recording techniques ten years after. Serious recording is why I started arranging songs. Arrangements are the reason I learned multitrack edition. Multitrack is how I learned to manage a musical project. Musical projects are what I always wanted to do. Few of these things bring money on the table. But I can combine these skills to either achieve specific projects or help someone achieve a specific project. That's what brings money on the table: the project itself.

These are personal projects, meant to be "practice matrix" or "business cards" for what I can do. I have much more professional things but this is what I'm ready to share:

Video musical project, dating back to 2008:

All guitars by me, beat by a partner. Video form childhood animated show Grendizer (Goldorak in French). All video edition by me.

Another video musical project, with video filmed with a camera of me playing Tekken!

All music by me, voice by a partner. Every noise heard is by me.

As a guitarist for 25 years, I'm that not good but I can play classical:

8 guitars project, 7 classical 1 electric. I use post0edition to make the project sound smoother: some guitars are muted at some points. Some are highlighted. No copy / paste, everything is recorded.

I can play covers on electric, too:

https://youtu.be/T5ZCnFTAAWU

Cover of GnR Double Talkin'jive. Every noise by me, except the beat which is a loop of the original song's first measure.

I will answer questions and inquiry. Try to taunt me if you want: I'm having fun during the Holidays, nothing else. I welcome writers, scholars or plebeians to comment or chime in, I'm pretty open minded. Don't ever try to hurt me, you can't. You can never hurt me as much as losing my twin bro. Never. That, ladies and gents, is the Metal_Daze you've been arguing with for years!

Cheers and happy new year!

Last edited:
Include Sherdog stuff as well for best seller's award

-Boise dimes
-teh 275
-touch them with teh jab
-fill the room with uppercuts
-lawshuit
-ipad
-pigeons

For those wondering and those who want to test themselves, I'm a stud. You can see me here with a basketball fan so he must be tall, right? Look how I tower over him, magnificent:

2qncqx2.jpg

Condit and GSP were in the room so you can guess when the picture was taken. In Montréal, of course. I'd fight at 135 so yeah, I'm a manlet but I bite. A Dojo bite: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/dojo-is-doms-secret-weapon.3432449/

Last edited:

-Boise dimes
-teh 275
-touch them with teh jab
-lawshuit
-ipad
-pigeons
I'm too old for that. My puns are Rickson by armbar, black bags and upper management.

Different times I guess...

Hickson by armbar
Huge if true
Typical youngling.

Us old-timers don't need to write Hickson, we know the R is aspired and silent. Hughes if true is better but again, too old for that. I was online the day Uber TS created his thread. That's not even that far ago but it's iconic.

Last thing if you want to really understand me. Every fucking Holiday season in the last 10 years, I have received "social media pressure" from people who know my story. People who call for help. People who think that because I'm close and intimate with drama, I can help them. People who are looking for a lifeline and think I float because I'm happy now. I don't float anymore. Not since I lost my bro.

So venting on Sherdog, writing and releasing projects and texts on the web is a way I use every year to release the pressure. That's it, carry on.

Include me in your book and I will buy, I need to feel like I have achieved in life.

OK a last wave and it's nighty night. I recorded my rehab progress after 18 months. I had already dropped the cane a while ago: I could walk, jog and jump as long as I launched from ground height (no higher). The vid is in the OP but for you lazy Sherbros, here's a gif of my ball handling skills around that time.

Ball handling. Get it?
DeliciousJollyBrontosaurus.gif

A girl was creeping and watching me. Watch the video in the OP, she sets her things nearby and starts sun bathing. No, I didn't hit: I was expected. But I suddenly get nervous and start sucking!

Let's post it here too, see how many mentions I have when I come back....

Me, Now.
71r8dl.jpg

Bonus for those who read everything: my GF!

2lcurcw.jpg

-Boise dimes
-teh 275
-touch them with teh jab
-lawshuit
-ipad
-pigeons

So proud I could put Boise on the map on Sherdog. Not even Scott Jorgensen could do that...

Back