• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm on TRT

If you don't mind, how old are you? And what would you say has been the biggest benefit of going on HRT? Has it increased your quality of life?

In my 30's.

The biggest single benefit is that I'm not so tired all the time.
I can sleep 7 hours now and still feel better than I was when sleeping 8+.

Clomid isn't known for being a strong performance enhancer.
But I can say that my injury has hurt less and you can train more when you are not tired, so it's possible it could be abused, just on a very minor scale compared with TRT involving injections.

Thanks for starting off an interesting discussion and sharing your experience.
I am enjoying the read. :)

I do have one question. Do you have or have had much in the way of depression or any other mental illness?, and if so, has this been improved since HRT treatment. Thanks again for explaining and apologies if this question is at all personal.

Well, I will ask the only question that matters.

When do you intend to mix the steroids with radioactive material and turn yourself into a super powered mutant, and what sort of super powers are you hoping for?

I was at first recommended the 1% cream - Testim is the name brand.
I have never heard of different kinds of testosterone, if they exist?
One tube should have 5 grams in it.

From a 65 year old man I know well: 10 grams a day (cream) gave me side effects. 5 grams a day made me feel young again. Patches caused skin rashes.

The other option is to get a 250mg (I'm not positive if that's right) injection every 2 weeks. I will try every option before needles. I still want kids and don't want to get too deep, too young.

thats what i was looking for, thank you. thats really low dosage compared to steroid use. and i worded that poorly, basically i was looking for what steroid they use for TRT.

i dont mean this offensively, did you ever use steroids in the past?

my cousin went through some TRT treatment but he wouldnt find out any specifics for me. his low T levels were making it impossible to get his wife pregnant. said the TRT made him feel fantastic.

Do you have or have had much in the way of depression or any other mental illness?, and if so, has this been improved since HRT treatment.

I have not personally had any severe depression or mental illness.

That said, being tired and in pain all the time sucked ass. I'm not saying others would experience the same as me, but my life has improved.

What is your targeted level.

what is your maximum level that you could achieve.

A) did you ever use steroids in the past?

B) his low T levels were making it impossible to get his wife pregnant.

A) It's a good question.
I have never used steroids.
I have also never injected anything in my life, and this should be relevant because heroin users specifically, and generally drug use lowers testosterone levels.
My T levels could likely be affected by my consumption of beer.

B) I had never gotten anyone pregnant, even after being hatless for years with my girl. Took maybe a year of actually trying to get her preggo, so my T-levels could have been low in the past as well.

very interesting subject man, thanks for sharing with us.

what caused you to have your T levels checked in the first place? just not feeling well despite efforts?

"What is your targeted level.
what is your maximum level that you could achieve."

I'm not sure what you mean.

what caused you to have your T levels checked in the first place?

I had symptoms listed on the Testim literature that was at my doctors office.
Specifically 7 out of 10 of these:
Take the ADAM Self-Test

Although Testim is one of the most common forms of TRT, it is just too expensive financially and could possibly make a younger man like me even more deficient for life if I stop in the future.

Your level before beginning therapy was 200? That is real low for someone your age, so I can imagine the difference therapy has made.

What is your level now, since normalizing?

Also, you said the injections were 250mg every TWO weeks? That seems really low for TRT. You sure that wasn't every week? Normal TRT dose is 200-250/wk.

what is the targeted amount of testosterone in your blood stream. you say you are being giving doses to increase your testosterone. what does 250 level doses bring your level to, and what is the targeted level. What is the maximum targeted blood stream level that your doctor would allow.

what is the targeted amount of testosterone in your blood stream. you say you are being giving doses to increase your testosterone. what does 250 level doses bring your level to, and what is the targeted level. What is the maximum targeted blood stream level that your doctor would allow.

Above 600 is normal for someone his age.

Yo
What is your level now, since normalizing?

Also, you said the injections were 250mg every TWO weeks? That seems really low for TRT. You sure that wasn't every week? Normal TRT dose is 200-250/wk.

Not sure of my current levels.

Could be mistaken, as I have not done any injections before. Also, many doctors will start you with what they feel is the lowest possible effective dose and go from there.

I am looking to have my blood levels high enough that I feel normal.
For some people, this is 300ng/dl, for others it is 800.
I will release my results when I get my next blood test done. It's very expensive though, so I'll be doing it infrequently.

The doctor pushed an older gentleman I know up to 500+ and he got road rage from it, so actually lowered his dosing accordingly. He's now at 300 or so, and says he feels great from it.

The maximum most doctors will allow is about 800ng/dl.

i want to have a test done just to see what my numbers are.

I asked my doctor about going to a compounding pharmacy to make the test cream cheaper, as I have been told you can get the same amount mixed at a place like that for 1/4 the price. He didn't know what I was talking about.

As far as Mexico/Canada - I'm not sure the answer to the amount you are allowed to carry BACK to America, but I know you can carry it TO other countries.
For example, doctors in Japan refuse to prescribe opiates. I get a 1 month supply in the states (way over what I actually need so it last half a year) and bring it through customs no problem.

I'll be traveling to Mexico here shortly and will have to research this a little more before going.

Edit - Not sure what you mean by sketchy.. from regular people, they say the cream works great. It may not be strong enough however for those looking for an advantage in sports.

Sketchy = not particularly effective

You're in Japan? Well, that's pretty damn far from Mexico.

Out of interest, anyone know what are the normal ranges for:

-average guys who just train casually aged:
20-25
26-30
30-40
40+

-professional athletes <30
-professional athletes >30

what is the level at which you would fail a test?

EDIT - i found some answers regarding the first part, doesnt seem to be that much of a difference between 20's and 30's.

Last edited:
I am currently in America, but have worked in the Tokyo area, and will go back again.
Never tried to get any TRT in Japan, but I'd imagine it's a fuck load cheaper.
A doctor visit, blood test and medicine when I was sick cost 5,000yen ($60USD)
Here, did something similar... $1,600.00

An average younger man will have a range between 300 and 900.
This declines, but very slowly.
Most men at 60 years old will still be 300-600nd/dl.

There was a study of different sport averages in testing.
Wrestlers had an average of just over 1,000nd/dl I believe.

Getting punched in the face often has the affect of lowering HGH and therefore Testosterone. It is possible some people would benefit from that instead, although it's less commonly prescribed.

Back