i'm looking for Jiu-Jitsu or Submission grappling tournament in NYC

rhythmiccycle

White Belt
Reaction score
I've been training Jiu-Jitsu for a while now, and i've been told that there are alot of Jiu-Jitsu tournaments in NYC, (i live in queens), but I can't find any. I asked my Jiu-Jitsu instructor and he told me to just "google" it. I've been looking, and thats how i found this forum.

can someone please tell me where I can find Jiu-Jitsu or Submission grappling tournaments in NYC.

thank you.

yea i was actually looking for something RIGHT in the city. they were supposed to have a naga in the city, then they moved it to nj. and there was the nyc bjj open last summer, i havent seen anything for that yet. there were actually quite a few right in the city, idk what happened to them. and newark is fuckin far from me.

There were some at the fight house in Manhattan, but I think they were charging more than what the guy who had the tournaments wanted to pay or something along those lines so they stopped having them there. The same guy has tournaments fairly often in north jersey now, one being on June 7th. As far as anything going on right in NYC, I haven't heard of anything since the fighthouse tournaments (last summer?).

Actually there are not a lot in the city. Jerry Mendez was running one at fighthouse, but he is looking for other venues.

Most are in NJ. There is one in Long Island, but really, contrary to what one might think, there are very few in NYC. Grappler's quest was going to do one in Manhattan last Jamuary, but cancelled it.

yea there's grappler's quest in jersey, but dunno of anything else. would also be very interested.

sambo steve, start one up! :)

there is a tourney i know of in NYC in Long Island City on June 15 at ITC New York

ITCNY

...i saw this posted at my place on a flyer

the fighthouse was the only place I knew of, and I think they were bi-monthly last year.

other than that you basically have to travel to Jersey.

If you join the sambullshido boards, you can participate in the local grappling/ "unofficial" MMA/ unofficial kick-box/muay thai fights.

These are amature and inhouse. The last one I belevie was held and are usually held at Fighthouse.

If you join the sambullshido boards, you can participate in the local grappling/ "unofficial" MMA/ unofficial kick-box/muay thai fights.

These are amature and inhouse. The last one I belevie was held and are usually held at Fighthouse.

Radman, what are you talking about?? We have a sabmullshido forum on our board, but we don't do any fights. Besides, our events are in NJ.

I think you are talking about the bullshido throwdowns.

I've been training Jiu-Jitsu for a while now, and i've been told that there are alot of Jiu-Jitsu tournaments in NYC, (i live in queens), but I can't find any. I asked my Jiu-Jitsu instructor and he told me to just "google" it. I've been looking, and thats how i found this forum.

can someone please tell me where I can find Jiu-Jitsu or Submission grappling tournaments in NYC.

thank you.

grapplers quest is at the end of july i believe... thats in nyc

i just e-mailed ITCNY asking for more info about june 15th. when i get their reply i post the info here

I know they have some Judo tourneys in the city at community colleges.

Radman, what are you talking about?? We have a sabmullshido forum on our board, but we don't do any fights. Besides, our events are in NJ.

I think you are talking about the bullshido throwdowns.

It was from the videos.:icon_chee

A couple of friends and acquaintances I know were on it. Oh well know the guys, but could be wrong on the location.

"i just e-mailed ITCNY asking for more info about june 15th. when i get their reply i post the info here"

-

ssure thing do that man....i may jump on that as well as the gRapplers Quest in nyc too :)

"i just e-mailed ITCNY asking for more info about june 15th. when i get their reply i post the info here"

I was told that there is no grappling competitions at ITCNY.

Grapplers quest is the best one i can find

Here are the dates to some Grappling tournaments coming up in New Jersey.:D

10/18/2008

2008 Official North American Grappling Championships Plus U.S. National Team Finals
Wayne, New Jersey
William Paterson University (300 Pompton Road)

NAGA 2008
11/8-11/9/08 NJ

Back