I'm going for antonio margarito

THAT ELI CRUNCH

White Belt
Reaction score
First off I have always been a fan of his and win, lose or draw that has not changed over the years.

Second I feel Antonio Margarito is someone I can relate to more then Manny Pacquiao. I am taking nothing away from Manny as he got everything he has through hard work and although life for him seems perfect on the outside world...I'm sure he has his problems. Antonio on the other hand has his problems for all the world to see and...judge.

Did he or didn't he know about the hand wraps ??? Either way he is one of the most hated men in boxing right now I belive and has been crucifed by the media and public alike. Who has not made mistakes in their life, who has not done things they are not proud of, who has not sunk to lows that we never thought we would ???? I know I have but like most of you...I am the only one who knows them. The world knows Antonio Margaritos mistakes and judges him right or wrong for them...yet he puts a brave face on and steps forward.

I know I will be going for Antonio against Manny and I really belive he will beat him but it will win him no love...maybe in time there will be a new villian and maybe Antonio's mistake if not forgotton...can at least be forgiven. Either way I am a fan of his and win, lose or draw I will be a fan after the fight.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I was a big fan of Margarito...and after this whole wrap controversy...I just can't support that, nor forgive it.

Other boxers have been permanently injured due to similar stunts. He should have been made an example of and suspended indefinitely.

Sorry, but I was a big fan of Margarito...and after this whole wrap controversy...I just can't support that, nor forgive it.

Other boxers have been permanently injured due to similar stunts. He should have been made an example of and suspended indefinitely.

Yes, I understand that and agree but I also belive that if someone is not proven guilty (such as him knowing or not) without a reasonable doubt than he deserves another chance.

It's a shame because Magarito is a good fighter...and good ole fashion, blood and guts Aztec warrior.

He didn't need that Wrap $hit to defeat Cotto or be a marquee fighter.

It's a shame because Magarito is a good fighter...and good ole fashion, blood and guts Aztec warrior.

He didn't need that Wrap $hit to defeat Cotto or be a marquee fighter.

So there is no doubt in your mind that he is guilty ?

That the same substance has been noticed before makes it hard to believe that this was the first time and that he is completely innocent.

That the same substance has been noticed before makes it hard to believe that this was the first time and that he is completely innocent.

If the 'act' was proven 100% true I would not support him. You wrote that the same substance has been noticed before...where may I ask ? That picture after the Cotto fight of a red mark on his wraps ? I myself would want more 'proof' than that to say GUILTY.

I am in no way, shape or form support such an act but I do belive in proof without doubt before passing judgement. If he was proven guilty than I belive he should be banned from boxing for life... but for right now there is just not proof enough for me that he knew.

He's sitting there...getting his hands wrapped. Unless he's completely clueless as to why the wraps are hardening...

I see where you are coming from but I boxed for 10 years and I know first hand how much is going on in the dressing room before a fight. So many people around him talking, asking questions...I'm just saying there were distractions that may have played a part in him not knowing.

I belive a case could be made for either side but I belive that each case would not be bullet proof. Until such a 'fool' proof case can be made against Margarito that leaves nothing of question...than I will still be a fan.

Either way, Manny Pacquiao takes another huge risk and fights a notable fighter...

while PBF nut huggers still accuse Manny of taking steroids.

Didn't you get the memo OP? This is a fixed fight like the Clottey fight.

Are people really claiming the Clottey fight was fixed?

Youre a pro fighter for your whole life. You know whats involved in wrapping your hands. Youre telling me you dont know that plaster is being placed under your knuckles? That its solely your trainer aware of this?

Sorry, Margarito is only getting this fight because Uncle Bob knows he can cash in on a fight in Dallas until (hopefully) Floyd is really to step up to the plate. After this bout, I hope he disappears from the fight game.

I agree with this. He should have been banned for life.

I don't like Pacquiao but I am still picking him because I am so annoyed Margarito is allowed back into a ring.

pacman will be too fast and be able to stay off the ropes. i would be surprised to see pacman finish the fight by KO/TKO though. i see pacman winning the UD.

Back