I'm a skinny bastard. Carbs...

mrsneakyz28

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So the majority of people are not like me. I can eat whatever I want and maintain 6-8% body fat. Lately I've been hearing ALOT of people whining about carbs, especially other people at work when we are discussing fitness and nutrition. Obviously they have different goals than me. I am doing SS and bulking. I do eat pretty clean, I would say 80-90% of the carbs I eat are complex. So anyway, I probably consume between 350-500 grams of carbs per day. I have some people tell me that they eat like 50g a day...wtf? I guess my question is, if I am bulking, eating all those carbs (albeit complex) is only going to help me out right? I mean I could be eating white pasta and bread and still barely raise my body fat, but I don't anyway.

Most of my carbs come from:

Breakfast- Organic Rolled oats, bananas, bluberries, strawberries

Lunch/Dinner- Sweet potatoes/Sweet potato fries, organic brown rice, whole wheat bread and pasta

Snacks: Nuts, dark chocolate, clif bars

Yup, If u are bulking, and u are maintaining such a low BF per centage. I would simply not worry about carbs at all, especially as you seem to be eating them from good sources. It will also help with your energy levels (some people may disagree with this but I feel more energetic when I eat carbs)

BTW I love cliff bars but they do have a good amount of sugar, maybe like 15 g? But with 6% BF go for it! lol.

if you can eat the carbs and maintain a low bf% then you are a lucky one. a lot of others have to go pretty low carb to get into that type of condition

So the majority of people are not like me. I can eat whatever I want and maintain 6-8% body fat. Lately I've been hearing ALOT of people whining about carbs, especially other people at work when we are discussing fitness and nutrition. Obviously they have different goals than me. I am doing SS and bulking. I do eat pretty clean, I would say 80-90% of the carbs I eat are complex. So anyway, I probably consume between 350-500 grams of carbs per day. I have some people tell me that they eat like 50g a day...wtf? I guess my question is, if I am bulking, eating all those carbs (albeit complex) is only going to help me out right? I mean I could be eating white pasta and bread and still barely raise my body fat, but I don't anyway.

Most of my carbs come from:

Breakfast- Organic Rolled oats, bananas, bluberries, strawberries

Lunch/Dinner- Sweet potatoes/Sweet potato fries, organic brown rice, whole wheat bread and pasta

Snacks: Nuts, dark chocolate, clif bars

personally i would stick with complex carbs aslong as it makes you happy, maintaining steady blood sugar levels will help you long term and put you lower risk of stuff like diabetes, also having good fibrous foods going in will help your bowels and colon , its a healthy way to live , you make sure you have a good blow out once a week and take advantage of your genetics.

Back