• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm a MOD, Ask Me Anything!

Listen, what I want to know is who knighted you a mod?

Was it a single person or a united council of our peers?

How do you get noticed for consideration to be a mod?

How can I speed up that process?
1) @Lethal
2) the mod team asked a magic 8 ball if they should mod me
3) bring something productive, positive, and worthwhile to the table
4) YOU cannot

1) @Lethal
2) the mod team asked a magic 8 ball if they should mod me
3) bring something productive, positive, and worthwhile to the table
4) YOU cannot
Listen, my knowledge is deep and plentiful. Vast in substance. I will bring a Canadian thanksgivings worth of value to our table. You can count on it

Based on limited descriptors, can you name this fighter?

1. Pizza
2. Loud

** A correct response will result in a like. An incorrect response will result in a like.

@Rebelfett can I get a pro fighter tag? 10 fights in kickboxing and a few BJJ tournaments hehe, but been paid for a few of my kickboxing ones

hana-kimura-kimura-hana.gif
giphy.gif

#HanaKimuraBless

If you see someone... misbehaving on a thread (i.e. cursing too harsh, etc)
Do you go through the thread to see where it came from, the context, who is at fault, etc. or do you just issue the punishment for his/her misbehavior and move on?

Shoot, I didn't see the thread the first go round, so pardon if this is a repeat query.

Did you get turned loose as a mod right away, or did you have to get "shadowed" by an existing mod for a while?

Shoot, I didn't see the thread the first go round, so pardon if this is a repeat query.

Did you get turned loose as a mod right away, or did you have to get "shadowed" by an existing mod for a while?
We were a lighter blue while we were "in training" and were issued "mentors" that we could go to if we had questions or were unsure if we handled a situation correctly.

If you see someone... misbehaving on a thread (i.e. cursing too harsh, etc)
Do you go through the thread to see where it came from, the context, who is at fault, etc. or do you just issue the punishment for his/her misbehavior and move on?
If i see a thread being derailed by a flame battle i try to go back and see what happened. Sometimes I'll just issue a warning to both participants, sometimes I'll just post in big letters a mod note asking to get back on track, and sometimes I'll just issue a card to both.

If i see a thread being derailed by a flame battle i try to go back and see what happened. Sometimes I'll just issue a warning to both participants, sometimes I'll just post in big letters a mod note asking to get back on track, and sometimes I'll just issue a card to both.
Thank you!
I thought of this question and while it did not happen to me, it made me real curious about the answer! :)

Ok, here's another question that picked my interest.
How often are you here moderating? (is there a minimum/maximum)?
And more important: Did your interest for MMA (or this forum) change since now you are moderating, not just participating?
How is the experience different (for better or worse)?

edit: one more: Are there times you see a thread and think "yeah, I am not touching that" ? :)

Back