1. Season 7 of the International Shoop League is now active! Section A » Section B »

I'm a junk food fiend - HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Skyline21, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Skyline21

Skyline21 Purple Belt

hey guys, long time listener, first time caller yadda yadda yadda, i need to sort my diet out badly but I'm working a lot and finding it hard to get good meals on the road, end up eating a lot of crap. Can anyone in the same situation help me out?? thanks guys.

2. Lynxx

Lynxx Guest

Junk food is an addiction and each time you don't have it it gets easier to avoid.

3. kungfool

kungfool White Belt

Pack some fish or chicken sandwiches (whole wheat bread, tomato, green peppers, onions, some mustard, etc), Protein Shakes, Nuts, Fruit, or whatever and a bottle of water into a cooler? If you need motivation, healthy food is generally cheaper than fast food (unless you eat at Taco Bell)

4. Urban

Urban Savage Mystic

keep a bunch of fruit on hand for snacks. Make a fruit salad (lightly coat with lemon juice to prevent browning) and keep it in a cooler in your car. Fruit > junk food.

5. Terumo

Terumo Orange Belt

Dried fruit, trail mix, nuts, protein powder, a good shaker cup, and plenty of water. It doesn't get much simpler than that. The key to solid nutrition is always pre-planning. So many diets are destroyed by a lack of preparing food in advance.

6. MN-KungFu

MN-KungFu Guest

step 1)eat as much as u can
    step 2)go to bathroom
    step 3)throw up
    step 4)repeat

7. Gsoares**

Gsoares** Banned Banned

Lol belimia is not the answer.

8. Michael Wanaka

Michael Wanaka Amateur Fighter

If you really need fast food, get the chili and a baked potatoe without the sour cream from wendy's.

9. Te(V)plar

Te(V)plar Black Belt

Loading up on one addiction is a good way to get rid of another. As such, I recommend having lots and lots of sex to get over the junk food.

10. GZ-Nos

GZ-Nos White Belt

Will power my friend, that is the key. Mind over matter, and all of that jazz. I cut junk food out as a new years resolution, and started eating 5-6 small meals a day. I went from 290 at around 20% body fat to 230 and 10%. I feel a great deal better than I did as a fat ass, I roll alot better, plus the chicks dig it.

11. Wild Dan Hibiki

Wild Dan Hibiki Black Belt

tuna!!!!
    hahaha, that + fruit is my answer to junk food

12. neosamurai1979

neosamurai1979 Blue Belt

If you absoulultely have to eat out, go to Subway. Avoid cheese and mayo and load up on the veggies and lean meats. If you love soda, switch to Diet. I switched from regular soda to diet and I lost pounds instantly. Now I'm trying to cut diet soda out as much as I can and drink a lot of water. Good luck.

13. Sam

Sam Are those... live rounds?

+ 1 on the Subway & Wendys.

I'll usually have a .99cent chillie from wendys after a work out. Good source of protein w/ little fat.

14. Mav3rick

Mav3rick White Belt Professional Fighter

I don't have anything new to add really, but I just wanted to say that I used to be a junk food junkie as well. I used to eat Little debbie's and brownies like they were going out of style. Someone mentioned in a previous post that over time you will learn to quite craving them. That is what happened with me, I gradually stopped buying that junk and now people can wave it in front of my face and I really don't desire it at all.

I think the biggest helper is to prepare your meals the night before you go to work, on the road, or wherever you are going. When you have something already made you don't have to scramble around for something quick and unhealthy.

15. Wild Dan Hibiki

Wild Dan Hibiki Black Belt

yeah subway is awesome if u really have to eat out

17. LCDforMe

LCDforMe Purple Belt

They just added a new Haggens store on the way home from where my gym is located and they have a bulk candy section that has sugar free candy. I get HORRIBLE gas about 2 hours after though. Maybe it works for you guys better than me.