I'm a junk food fiend - HELP!!!

Skyline21

Purple Belt
Reaction score
hey guys, long time listener, first time caller yadda yadda yadda, i need to sort my diet out badly but I'm working a lot and finding it hard to get good meals on the road, end up eating a lot of crap. Can anyone in the same situation help me out?? thanks guys.

Junk food is an addiction and each time you don't have it it gets easier to avoid.

Pack some fish or chicken sandwiches (whole wheat bread, tomato, green peppers, onions, some mustard, etc), Protein Shakes, Nuts, Fruit, or whatever and a bottle of water into a cooler? If you need motivation, healthy food is generally cheaper than fast food (unless you eat at Taco Bell)

keep a bunch of fruit on hand for snacks. Make a fruit salad (lightly coat with lemon juice to prevent browning) and keep it in a cooler in your car. Fruit > junk food.

Dried fruit, trail mix, nuts, protein powder, a good shaker cup, and plenty of water. It doesn't get much simpler than that. The key to solid nutrition is always pre-planning. So many diets are destroyed by a lack of preparing food in advance.

step 1)eat as much as u can
step 2)go to bathroom
step 3)throw up
step 4)repeat

If you really need fast food, get the chili and a baked potatoe without the sour cream from wendy's.

Loading up on one addiction is a good way to get rid of another. As such, I recommend having lots and lots of sex to get over the junk food.

Will power my friend, that is the key. Mind over matter, and all of that jazz. I cut junk food out as a new years resolution, and started eating 5-6 small meals a day. I went from 290 at around 20% body fat to 230 and 10%. I feel a great deal better than I did as a fat ass, I roll alot better, plus the chicks dig it.

If you absoulultely have to eat out, go to Subway. Avoid cheese and mayo and load up on the veggies and lean meats. If you love soda, switch to Diet. I switched from regular soda to diet and I lost pounds instantly. Now I'm trying to cut diet soda out as much as I can and drink a lot of water. Good luck.

+ 1 on the Subway & Wendys.

I'll usually have a .99cent chillie from wendys after a work out. Good source of protein w/ little fat.

I don't have anything new to add really, but I just wanted to say that I used to be a junk food junkie as well. I used to eat Little debbie's and brownies like they were going out of style. Someone mentioned in a previous post that over time you will learn to quite craving them. That is what happened with me, I gradually stopped buying that junk and now people can wave it in front of my face and I really don't desire it at all.

I think the biggest helper is to prepare your meals the night before you go to work, on the road, or wherever you are going. When you have something already made you don't have to scramble around for something quick and unhealthy.

Mav3rick said:
I used to eat Little debbie's and brownies like they were going out of style. QUOTE]

Yes, a most sinful pleasure, those Little Debbie brownies. My mom keeps them around her house...they will be the end of me.

They just added a new Haggens store on the way home from where my gym is located and they have a bulk candy section that has sugar free candy. I get HORRIBLE gas about 2 hours after though. Maybe it works for you guys better than me.

Back