• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm 6'4" and I get a tiny bit intimidated when I run into a dude who's 6'8"+

shunyata

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
^^^
Title.

It's not something I think about for more than half a second when it happens and it is pretty rare for it to happen at all but when I run into a guy on the street or at a restaurant who dwarfs me there's this flash of "holy shit that guy is big, do not want to spar that dude".

And to put that in context I'm 210 lbs and regularly train with / roll with heavy weights up to 290 (but none are dramatically taller than me, just wider) but there's just this flash of primal instinct like "woah" if I have to look way up to make eye contact on someone pushing seven feet.

Do short people live with this sensation permanently?

That must really suck.

^^^
Title.

It's not something I think about for more than half a second when it happens and it is pretty rare for it to happen at all but when I run into a guy on the street or at a restaurant who dwarfs me there's this flash of "holy shit that guy is big, do not want to spar that dude".

And to put that in context I'm 210 lbs and regularly train with / roll with heavy weights up to 290 (but none are dramatically taller than me, just wider) but there's just this flash of primal instinct like "woah" if I have to look way up to make eye contact on someone pushing seven feet.

That must really suck.

No one is intimidated by you, get over yourself.

Im barely 5"7 155lbs and I fought a guy who was 6"2 300lbs one time

Humble brag thread. I myself am 6' 9" and curl tree fiddy with each arm.

well i don't TS, and I have an inch on you, I sort of give him a <mma4> …..and briefly think of shertards who post shit like 6'2 is the GOAT height and anything over 6'4 is goofy and giraffe like.

That primal instinct is your natural beta character coming out. That's why you feel the needs to constantly train because deep down you know you're the hunted and not the hunter

Why does height intimidate anyone? I'm 5'11 185lbs, and wouldn't be the least bit afraid of someone 6'8 unless he was like 280lbs.

I like to imagine smacking them in the jaw, Hunt-Struve style.

When they have massive necks that make it clear that won't work then I locate the exits lol.

guarantee a 170 pound Royce Gracie guy would submit you

Why does height intimidate anyone? I'm 5'11 185lbs, and wouldn't be the least bit afraid of someone 6'8 unless he was like 280lbs.

At that height if they aren't at least 230 they're anorexic looking.

In your defense 6'8" is tall.

Right?

guarantee a 170 pound Royce Gracie guy would submit you

So I take it you have gym wins over Royce?

I can hold my own, but Caio Terra would probably mop the floor with both of us.

What's that Frank Mir quote about rolling with Demian Maia?

"If he wanted to have sex with me I don't think I could have stopped him."

I met a mark hunt like samoan at a rugby tournament. dude was like 6ft tall and 350lbs. his head was huge, calves big as my thighs. Way more intimidating than some 6 8 lanklet

^^^

That must really suck.

Only you buddeh.

<28>

That primal instinct is your natural beta character coming out. That's why you feel the needs to constantly train because deep down you know you're the hunted and not the hunter

I could probably worded it better but I'm quite taken aback by a person who trains and still has conscious fear of being helpless. It sounds like you're having panic attacks, @shunyata.

If you actually do train seriously in martial arts, why would you feel intimidated? Most people are white belts and have you seen how white belts fight? They look like drunken daddy long legs ambling around at random.

I'm 6'2'', 180 pounds on the dot, and I don't never feel intimidated by anyone based on just size. 1) I could probably hold my own 2) I don't actually assume I'm going to end up throwing down with random people I meet.

You sound insecure, tbh.

Back