Ilir Latifi to Daniel Cormier: 'Defend or vacate'

Latifi is savage. Compare his performance against OSP to what Jones did against OSP. MMA Math sure but think about it. It's crazy.

I know DC gets hard from being a double champion, milking the gimmick for all it's worth Conor/WWE style, but we all know his next fight is against Brock. He's just keeping his options open for if/when Brock pisses dirty.

People can rag on Latifi all they want but he's not being unreasonable. Do people really think DC is going to do the work necessary to lose all that fat to fight at LHW again when he has the big money fight with Lesnar on the horizon? I just don't see it or understand why he'd risk it. If he was still young then maybe but he's already said he's going to retire after a couple more fights. Fighting at HW would make him the most money. The only big fight to come down for would be another crack at Jones.

Last edited:
Lmao at the LHW division.

Seriosuly, just fold it. At least do a tournament for the title once DC inevitably vacates to make it interesting.

I have no interest in seeing Gus fight Latifi for a 'championship' belt.

Well to be honest I would not mind Gus vs Latifi since they are training at the same gym and are friends.
Both whines and bitch let them fight...
But not for a belt. Just have them fight and shut up.

I think Latifi would be a marketable champ

He rides a horse, wanted to start a tv show about animals, has a neck beard, seems like good enough guy, etc. Wants the hard fights too.

Let's get the guy a title shot. He's doing the right things here. Calling out the champ, calling out Jon Jones, saying he'd move up.. Time to start rallying for Illir Latifi, MMA's #1 Albanian fighter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Latifi vs Corey Anderson please.
Gus vs Volkan/Smith winner.

I'd put real money on Cormier never fighting at LHW again, but it's on the promotion who awards belts (which will always be inherently problematic, but that's the state of MMA) to strip him. If he destroys Lesnar (which he should), he'd be the first guy to defend a belt while simultaneously being lineal in two weight classes (according to commonly accepted methods of determining lineal legitimacy in combat sports).

Latifi hasn't amassed anything resembling a good enough resume to be upset about this, but I think everyone already realizes that.

DC probably does the Brock fight. Then fights Jones after he comes back and beats Gus for the interim belt.

I think hes a bad matchup for dc tbh. at least compared to everyone else.
also bader vs dc would be good

Well he's not completely wrong, Cormier will probably never go down to 205 again, and how long will he keep the 205 belt? it can't be in limbo for eternity

"Defend or vacate" - Cormier last fought July 7th. I don't have a problem with guys getting their chance, even if fans don't believe they are good enough but...

tenor.gif

And? Where did I say Bader isn't top 5? I implied that if Latifi lost so badly to Bader he would be absolutely crushed by DC who is levels above Bader.

Latifi is just way out of his league, trying to start some shit and calling out dude who had balls to go up and fight the HW champ while Latifi is there getting KOed by Baders of this world.

Unsure where to even start with this travesty of a post.

First, using MMAMath, lol. Yeah, no fighter who has ever lost to fighter X has beat fighter Y. It’s impossible for you to ever beat a top ranked guy if you lost to the guys beneath him. Exactly how it works.

He’s out of his league? What the fuck does DC going up to HW have anything to do with Latifi wanting to fight him for the LHW belt? I guess you should never aspire to be champion in your division if you lost according to you. Let’s always aim to fight low level guys! Solid reasoning.

Again, you’re bashing him for being ko’d By the “baders” of the world, but Bader is a top 5 fighter in his weight class. It’s not like Bader couldn’t KO DC if they fought. He hits hard. People get caught, it’s MMA, shit happens.

Latifi is right, if DC has no plans to defend the belt, which he doesn’t because he wants to fight Brock, then he should vacate.

Ain't in any position to call shots...

LOL

The walking thumb is making demands? My god. I really hope LHW gets a surge of young talent soon. This is getting ridiculous.
Man, any of these guys beats the pre-modern MMA guys. The sport's evolution.
New Breed.

<puh-lease75>

This may be a controversial opinion, but I think Latifi is lowkey the most handsome LHW fighter on the roster. Which seems odd given that he is a bald manlet, yet somehow he defies those handicaps and still exudes an aura of majestic manliness.

This may be a controversial opinion, but I think that was teh gayest post in Sherdog history. Which seems odd given you have a gorilla as an avatar.

The one guy that's most likely standing in Latifi's way is his training partner, the inactivity king, Gus.

Actually the inactivity king title is tied between Gus and Assuncao but Assuncao isn't asking for a gift title shot everytime a camera is in his face.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back