IG Report to blast FBI

https://www.apnews.com/df19db3b5aa54bfa995f481a13f22eae

For not clearing Clinton sooner of any wrong doing in 2016

Wasn't this the report @bobgeese was parrotting around saying was going to destroy the investigation into tRUmp?

<TrumpWrong1>

And I challenge you to find me posting that.

Second, you noticeably ignored this part,

“The report is also expected to criticize two FBI officials who exchanged derogatory text messages about Trump during the course of the Clinton investigation.”

Furthermore, the IG is looking into other matters as well, so perhaps that’s what you’ve confused? But I have never called for an end to the investigation.

PS, you’re reading of that story is full potato.

Lol @ hanging your hat on text messages by TWO agents .

<JagsKiddingMe>

Admit it, this isn't the wonderful bombshell you were hoping

Lol, Bobby was on about this report 24/7 and it turns out to be a nothingburger, will he ever learn?

https://www.apnews.com/df19db3b5aa54bfa995f481a13f22eae

For not clearing Clinton sooner of any wrong doing in 2016

Wasn't this the report @bobgeese was parrotting around saying was going to destroy the investigation into tRUmp?

Illegal wrong doings were literally in the messages.

Just having the messages out in the open is proof of a crime.
And the messages them selves are further proof.

You guys are out of your minds thinking this shit wasn't illegal.

Does the FBI get to vote? Do they not get to speak about the election and who's in it? Or am I just reading this wrong?

The fact that they found it legal and didn't properly investigate is a crime in itself.

I guess we'll find out in the next few months.
With an actual real investigation.

This will all unfold over today and tomorrow

The Justice Department's ethics watchdog reportedly found no evidence that the political leanings of two FBI officials, who exchanged text messages critical of President Trump during the 2016 presidential race, directly affected the FBI's investigations, while noting that their conduct "cast a cloud" over the bureau's actions.

Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz did not find that the conduct or potential political bias of FBI counterintelligence agent Peter Strzok and FBI lawyer Lisa Page "directly affected the specific investigative actions we reviewed," according to the report's conclusions, which were obtained Thursday by Bloomberg.

"We did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that improper considerations, including political bias, directly affected the specific investigative actions we reviewed," Horowitz's report conclusions reads, according to Bloomberg.

"The conduct by these empl

Page and Strzok have faced a barrage of attacks by conservatives who say their "anti-Trump" text messages serve as proof of systemic bias against the president.

Conservative critics have homed in specifically on the fact that they served on two key investigations: the probe into Hillary Clinton's handling of classified materials while secretary of State and special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian interference in the presidential election, including any ties between the Trump campaign and Russia.

Mueller promptly removed Strzok from his investigative team after an internal review conducted by Horowitz discovered the texts. Page has since left the bureau.

How are the new texts looking?

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/policy/national-security/392284-fbi-agent-in-texts-well-stop-trump-from-becoming-president?amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...8c6a5a-6fdf-11e8-bf86-a2351b5ece99_story.html

Strzok specifically says we will stop Trump from becoming president. But hey, no biggie. So now we have a SPECIFIC text of the lead agent saying They will stop Trump from becoming president. Nothing vague. And this will still not be enough for the brainless drones.

It’s comical the spin u guys try to put on this

Last edited:
Lol @ hanging your hat on text messages by TWO agents .

<JagsKiddingMe>

Admit it, this isn't the wonderful bombshell you were hoping
Don't we already know one of them is McCabe? With his wife?

*Edit*
Let's try to stay on topic and limit the empty ad hominem posting, everyone.

Last edited:
Have you ever read what's actually being reported?

Yea. I posted the sources.

Your spin is hilarious. But have at it

The lead FBI agent specifically texted. We will stop Trump from becoming president

It’s like finding a Trump text saying I will obstruct Justice. Then the Trump Crew declares it no big deal

You guys feed off each other in here and convince each other that even the most damning stuff is no big deal

<TrumpWrong1>

And I challenge you to find me posting that.

Second, you noticeably ignored this part,

“The report is also expected to criticize two FBI officials who exchanged derogatory text messages about Trump during the course of the Clinton investigation.”

Furthermore, the IG is looking into other matters as well, so perhaps that’s what you’ve confused? But I have never called for an end to the investigation.

PS, you’re reading of that story is full potato.

OooOOOOOO... government workers privately texting each other about Trump in a derogative way... if USG employees got in trouble for that a huge chunk of them would be getting fired left and right... well actually all left really but u know what I mean... lol

Last edited:
I'll just leave this here...

Comey Cited as Insubordinate, but Report Finds No Bias in F.B.I. Decision to Clear Clinton
Hillary Clinton made a statement about the F.B.I. investigating additional emails, after a campaign rally in Des Moines in October 2016.Doug Mills/The New York Times

By Matt Apuzzo, Nicholas Fandos and Charlie Savage

June 14, 2018
WASHINGTON — The former F.B.I. director James B. Comey was insubordinate in his handling of the investigation of Hillary Clinton during the 2016 presidential election, a critical Justice Department report has concluded, according to officials and others who saw or were briefed on it.

But the report, by the department’s inspector general, Michael E. Horowitz, does not challenge the decision not to prosecute Mrs. Clinton. Nor does it conclude that political bias at the F.B.I. influenced that decision, the officials said.

“We found no evidence that the conclusions by department prosecutors were affected by bias or other improper considerations,” the report said, according to one official who read the sentence to The New York Times. “Rather, we concluded that they were based on the prosecutor’s assessment of facts, the law, and past department practice.”

The report has been highly anticipated in Washington, not least by President Trump, who has argued that a secret coterie of F.B.I. agents rigged the investigation to help Mrs. Clinton win the presidency. The findings, as described by officials who spoke on condition of anonymity before the report’s release Thursday afternoon, cites no evidence to support that theory.

Nevertheless, the report paints an unflattering picture of one of the most tumultuous periods in the 110-year history of the F.B.I., when agents investigated Mrs. Clinton’s use of a private email server to store classified information and the Trump campaign’s connections to Russia.

The report criticizes the conduct of F.B.I. officials who exchanged textsdisparaging Mr. Trump during the campaign. The officials, Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, were involved in both the Clinton and Russia investigations, leading Mr. Trump’s supporters to suspect a conspiracy against him. Many of those text messages have been released, but the inspector general cites a previously undisclosed message in which Mr. Strzok says the F.B.I. “will stop” Mr. Trump, according to two of the officials.

The inspector general said that, because of his views, Mr. Strzok may have improperly prioritized the Russia investigation over the Clinton investigation during the final weeks of the campaign. But the report did not cite evidence that Mr. Strzok had acted improperly or influenced the outcome of the investigation, the officials said.

The sharply criticizes the judgment of Mr. Comey, who injected the F.B.I. into presidential politics in ways not seen since at least the Watergate era.

held a news conference in July 2016 to announce that he was recommending no charges against Mrs. Clinton and to publicly chastise her email practices. It was highly unorthodox; the Justice Department, not the F.B.I., makes charging decisions. And officials have been reprimanded for injecting their opinions into legal conclusions.

Then in late October, over the objection of top Justice Department officials, Mr. Comey sent a letter to Congressdisclosing that agents were scrutinizing new evidence in the Clinton case. That evidence did not change the outcome of the inquiry, but Mrs. Clinton and many of her supporters blame Mr. Comey’s late disclosure for her defeat.

Mr. Comey has defended his actions, saying he would have faced criticism for any decision, so he opted to be transparent. F.B.I. officials have acknowledged that they made those decisions in part because they assumed Mrs. Clinton would win, and they worried about appearing to conceal information to help her.

widely saw him as a strong leader.

But Mr. Comey believed that he was the only one who could steer the F.B.I. through the political winds of the Clinton case, and that left him alone to answer for the bureau’s actions.

Officially at least, Mr. Comey’s handling of the Clinton case cost him his job. As justification for firing him last year, the White House pointed to a Justice Department memo that criticized many of the same actions now highlighted by the inspector general. In that regard, the inspector general would seem to underscore the stated reason for Mr. Comey’s dismissal.

But Mr. Trump has muddied this issue. Within hours of the firing, he undercut his own staff and said that he had planned to fire Mr. Comey even before the Justice Department made its recommendation. He said he had been thinking about the Russia investigation when he fired Mr. Comey. His lawyer added that Mr. Comey was fired for refusing to publicly exonerate Mr. Trump in the Russia case.

seen by Mrs. Clinton’s campaign as deeply harmful, the president has embraced a theory that the F.B.I. actually conspired to help her.

The result of these positions is that what might have been a vindicating report for Mr. Trump no longer fits neatly into his theories about Mr. Comey, Mrs. Clinton or the F.B.I. in general. Nevertheless, the report gives Mr. Trump plenty of ammunition for his continued broadsides against the bureau. The newly discovered text message, in particular, bolsters his argument that people inside the F.B.I. opposed him.

The inspector general is separately reviewing some aspects of the Russia investigation, including Mr. Trump’s theory — backed up by no evidence — that the F.B.I. spied on his campaign for political purposes. Those matters were not covered in the report to be released Thursday.

The inspector general’s investigation has already led to the firing of one top F.B.I. official, the former deputy director Andrew G. McCabe. Mr. Horowitz issued a report in March that said Mr. McCabe had been dishonest about his contacts with the news media about Mrs. Clinton.

http://forums.sherdog.com/nytimes://reader/id/100000005941578/article

I'll just leave this here...

Comey Cited as Insubordinate, but Report Finds No Bias in F.B.I. Decision to Clear Clinton
Hillary Clinton made a statement about the F.B.I. investigating additional emails, after a campaign rally in Des Moines in October 2016.Doug Mills/The New York Times

By Matt Apuzzo, Nicholas Fandos and Charlie Savage

June 14, 2018
WASHINGTON — The former F.B.I. director James B. Comey was insubordinate in his handling of the investigation of Hillary Clinton during the 2016 presidential election, a critical Justice Department report has concluded, according to officials and others who saw or were briefed on it.

But the report, by the department’s inspector general, Michael E. Horowitz, does not challenge the decision not to prosecute Mrs. Clinton. Nor does it conclude that political bias at the F.B.I. influenced that decision, the officials said.

“We found no evidence that the conclusions by department prosecutors were affected by bias or other improper considerations,” the report said, according to one official who read the sentence to The New York Times. “Rather, we concluded that they were based on the prosecutor’s assessment of facts, the law, and past department practice.”

The report has been highly anticipated in Washington, not least by President Trump, who has argued that a secret coterie of F.B.I. agents rigged the investigation to help Mrs. Clinton win the presidency. The findings, as described by officials who spoke on condition of anonymity before the report’s release Thursday afternoon, cites no evidence to support that theory.

Nevertheless, the report paints an unflattering picture of one of the most tumultuous periods in the 110-year history of the F.B.I., when agents investigated Mrs. Clinton’s use of a private email server to store classified information and the Trump campaign’s connections to Russia.

The report criticizes the conduct of F.B.I. officials who exchanged textsdisparaging Mr. Trump during the campaign. The officials, Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, were involved in both the Clinton and Russia investigations, leading Mr. Trump’s supporters to suspect a conspiracy against him. Many of those text messages have been released, but the inspector general cites a previously undisclosed message in which Mr. Strzok says the F.B.I. “will stop” Mr. Trump, according to two of the officials.

The inspector general said that, because of his views, Mr. Strzok may have improperly prioritized the Russia investigation over the Clinton investigation during the final weeks of the campaign. But the report did not cite evidence that Mr. Strzok had acted improperly or influenced the outcome of the investigation, the officials said.

The sharply criticizes the judgment of Mr. Comey, who injected the F.B.I. into presidential politics in ways not seen since at least the Watergate era.

held a news conference in July 2016 to announce that he was recommending no charges against Mrs. Clinton and to publicly chastise her email practices. It was highly unorthodox; the Justice Department, not the F.B.I., makes charging decisions. And officials have been reprimanded for injecting their opinions into legal conclusions.

Then in late October, over the objection of top Justice Department officials, Mr. Comey sent a letter to Congressdisclosing that agents were scrutinizing new evidence in the Clinton case. That evidence did not change the outcome of the inquiry, but Mrs. Clinton and many of her supporters blame Mr. Comey’s late disclosure for her defeat.

Mr. Comey has defended his actions, saying he would have faced criticism for any decision, so he opted to be transparent. F.B.I. officials have acknowledged that they made those decisions in part because they assumed Mrs. Clinton would win, and they worried about appearing to conceal information to help her.

widely saw him as a strong leader.

But Mr. Comey believed that he was the only one who could steer the F.B.I. through the political winds of the Clinton case, and that left him alone to answer for the bureau’s actions.

Officially at least, Mr. Comey’s handling of the Clinton case cost him his job. As justification for firing him last year, the White House pointed to a Justice Department memo that criticized many of the same actions now highlighted by the inspector general. In that regard, the inspector general would seem to underscore the stated reason for Mr. Comey’s dismissal.

But Mr. Trump has muddied this issue. Within hours of the firing, he undercut his own staff and said that he had planned to fire Mr. Comey even before the Justice Department made its recommendation. He said he had been thinking about the Russia investigation when he fired Mr. Comey. His lawyer added that Mr. Comey was fired for refusing to publicly exonerate Mr. Trump in the Russia case.

seen by Mrs. Clinton’s campaign as deeply harmful, the president has embraced a theory that the F.B.I. actually conspired to help her.

The result of these positions is that what might have been a vindicating report for Mr. Trump no longer fits neatly into his theories about Mr. Comey, Mrs. Clinton or the F.B.I. in general. Nevertheless, the report gives Mr. Trump plenty of ammunition for his continued broadsides against the bureau. The newly discovered text message, in particular, bolsters his argument that people inside the F.B.I. opposed him.

The inspector general is separately reviewing some aspects of the Russia investigation, including Mr. Trump’s theory — backed up by no evidence — that the F.B.I. spied on his campaign for political purposes. Those matters were not covered in the report to be released Thursday.

The inspector general’s investigation has already led to the firing of one top F.B.I. official, the former deputy director Andrew G. McCabe. Mr. Horowitz issued a report in March that said Mr. McCabe had been dishonest about his contacts with the news media about Mrs. Clinton.
Wouldn't his "insubordinance" be a transgression against Obama/Lynch-- his superiors at the time?

I fail to grasp why Trumpets wouldn't adore him for that.

When I read "IG Report" I immediately thought "Instagram Report".

I'm so disgusted with my millennial thinking right now :(

Wouldn't his "insubordinance" be a transgression against Obama/Lynch-- his superiors at the time?

I fail to grasp why Trumpets wouldn't adore him for that.

Yes. You would think they would.

So what does this report do to the supposed Obstruction of Justice angle of the Mueller Investigation

Yes. You would think they would.

So what does this report do to the supposed Obstruction of Justice angle of the Mueller Investigation
It would seem to fuck up every CT narrative offered so far (specifically during the campaign) by Trumpets like yourself.

How are the new texts looking?

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/policy/national-security/392284-fbi-agent-in-texts-well-stop-trump-from-becoming-president?amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...8c6a5a-6fdf-11e8-bf86-a2351b5ece99_story.html

Strzok specifically says we will stop Trump from becoming president. But hey, no biggie. So now we have a SPECIFIC text of the lead agent saying They will stop Trump from becoming president. Nothing vague. And this will still not be enough for the brainless drones.

It’s comical the spin u guys try to put on this

Yes, strzok is an evil mastermind stopping the heroic Trump based on a few text messages. It's literally impossible that you're only applying whatever context to messages that are less than 20 words combined. Nope that's not it at all. They definitely meant sonething nefarious in those less than 20 words. Because Trump.

Back