If your favorite musician died at 27, what are 10 great songs that would have never been made?

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mine would be U2 - Bono

If he died at 27. Joshua Tree would've been their last album.

So that leaves you plenty of great U2 songs that we wouldn't have heard.

One
All I Want Is You
The Fly
Until The End Of The World
Please
Mysterious Ways
Desire
Angel of Harlem
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

Makes you wonder about those musicians that perished at 27 or even younger, how much great music they could have still given us.

Paul Rodgers is one of my favorite rock vocalist. Dead at 27 would erase half of his first stint with Bad Company, plus the Firm, The Law, the solo stuff, the reunion with BC, Queen. The Voice would have left a lot in the table if he left us at 27.

I'm not a fan of rock music but I love U2.

<5>

Don't get me wrong, they have done some decent stuff......still, if someone tells me their favourite band is U2, I just assume they are not really into music that much.

And that's being pretentious.

Sadly, he did.

On a less sad but still heartbreaking note, we still can't post pics.

<DCrying>

Reba has had 25 songs reach #1 on the C&W charts. The first of those was when she was 27. She's sold 90M plus albums since then. That's a lot of #1's Nashville would have missed. There are a crapload of Country Musicians who did a lot of great stuff beyond 27yo. Strait, Jackson, Vince, Dolly, McGraw, etc.

Don't get me wrong, they have done some decent stuff......still, if someone tells me their favourite band is U2, I just assume they are not really into music that much.

U2 are one of the goat bands for casual listeners.

My favorite band is AC/DC. Oddly, Malcolm turned 27 six weeks before Bon died. So, going off that, we'd lose the entire Brian Johnson era.

That's a complete misunderstanding on your part, you can have anyone doesn't matter who it is your favorite artists or musician. But to assume this person is not into music just because it doesn't jell with your liking is rather ignorant.

And why don't put musician you like? I guess you are too scared eh. I noticed that about you. You were willing to criticize people, but you are not one to put yourself out there about yourself.

It's pretty cowardly on your part.

Last edited:
Damn.

The Cure
The Head on the Door would have been his last album.
No Disintegration (my favorite album by them)
No Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss me
No Wish
No Bloodflowers
No Burn from the Crow Soundtrack

My favorite band is AC/DC. Oddly, Malcolm turned 27 six weeks before Bon died. So, going off that, we'd lose the entire Brian Johnson era.
That would be a blessing! Bon Scott's era is the only Acca Dacca for me.

I've always been a fan of Sting and the Police and they had just about released their first album when he turned 27. If he OD'ed on some bad yoga in 1978, all the stuff he is known for would be gone, apart from Roxanne.

Every Breath You Take
Message in a Bottle
Walking on the Moon
Tea in the Sahara
Every little thing she Does is Magic
Fields of Gold
If I ever lose my faith in you
Englishman in New York
I was brought to my Senses (personal favourite)

Horrible.

Swans didn't even release their first album until Michael Gira was almost 30, so...

Beck wpuld not have released Odelay or any album after, for that matter.

What a sad un-funky world that would have been.

They wouldn't be my favorite artist anymore, and MAYBE I would have even heard of them.

Pink Floyd were 26 and 27 when Meddle came out and 28-29 when Dark Side of The Moon came out. Meddle is a great album but I personally know about Floyd due to having discovered them via Dark Side in high school.

The WORLD, would have lost:

Dark Side Of The Moon
The Wall
Wish You Were Here
Animals
Momentary Lapse Of Reason

And a few more, but those are the albums that impacted my life. That was the lineup I played on my 50 CD changer for MANY a trip on acid, mushroom, Molly, X, K, etc.

And I came out of that time in my life quite different than I went into it. For better or worse, mostly better imo as that is where I really attribute myself finding my own view of the world and ceasing to follow the heard or even be influenced particularly by it.

Back