if you were dana white...

in the liver

Mo froots
@Gold
Reaction score
this dude is sitting on a 300 million fortune. he's lost a million before in one night for the cheap thrill of gambling. (and whats the fucking point in gambling when you already have so much?)

he has so much money he could have whatever he wants, everything must be such a fucking bore.

if you were dana white, would you not be willing to give $10million of your own money to both jon jones and cain velasquez, just so you could see them fight? theres the selfish motivation of getting to see one of the craziest fights of all time, but there are so many other benefits that make sense, too.

a fight like this would draw immense media and fan attention...for me at least i cant think of another matchup i'd be so hyped about. thats the type of attention that draws in an army of new fans. it could be so good for the business.

it could also work as a public relations exercise, the idea that dana is paying out of his own pocket is a great story.

but as well as all that, i think this would be a fight FOR THE AGES, one that people would talk about for decades to come. it would be a way for the UFC to transcend being just a tawdry business, grudgingly followed and even actively disliked by many. it would be an event of cultural significance.

Jones has been hot shit for ages now, and the dc fight was hyped as fuck. Jones got 500k for that, which i think is pretty shit, was the dc fight his highest profile? meh.

Cain only got 400k for his 3rd battle with jds, will he ever have a more high profile fight than the conclusion to his trilogy? 10 mill would be A LOT of money for these guys.

dana white, you already got plenty of money...but for 20 million you could be THE LEGEND that puts this fight together.

ESE_zpsacfd6f05.png

why give them 10 million when he can make them do it for 50k and a pair of Reeboks?

I believe the fight is going to happen. But first Jones has to get by Gus (which I think will happen) and Cain has to get by Werdum (which I also think will happen).

Jones already said he would do it, it all depends on the purse.

why give them 10 million when he can make them do it for 50k and a pair of Reeboks?

they wont do it.

if he tried something like this already, maybe we'd have seen jones vs anderson. that fight is irrelevant now because silva is rekt.

i'm talking about a man with money having the vision to use it. 20 mill is fuck all when you got 300. this is what he should be doing for shits and giggles. when you're already that rich, what else is left?

you cant buy game

I believe the fight is going to happen. But first Jones has to get by Gus (which I think will happen) and Cain has to get by Werdum (which I also think will happen).

Jones already said he would do it, it all depends on the purse.

thats what the thread is about, man. hes a rich fight fan and he has the power to go talk to joe silva about this. his lack of hunger for glory is, frankly, embarassing

Or he could not spend the money and have two dominant seemingly unbeatable fighters instead of one.

thats what the thread is about, man. hes a rich fight fan and he has the power to go talk to joe silva about this. his lack of hunger for glory is, frankly, embarassing

No matter what they pay Jones or Cain they will make their money back 10 fold. It's no brainer business move. And Dana White won't have to reach into his own pocket (even though he could), Zuffa will pay for the fight.

Just no. You think money is the biggest obstacle in making this fight happen? Just because Jones beat Cain's teammate, it's not like Cormier is his little brother or something. The more logical move would be to have a rematch if Cormier continues to beat top tier LHWs. Maybe if Jones cleans out the division there would be more intrigue in seeing him fight at HW.

they wont do it.

if he tried something like this already, maybe we'd have seen jones vs anderson. that fight is irrelevant now because silva is rekt.

i'm talking about a man with money having the vision to use it. 20 mill is fuck all when you got 300. this is what he should be doing for shits and giggles. when you're already that rich, what else is left?

you cant buy game

Answer: More money.

There is always more money to be made, and the more one has, the more that is true.

So long as Zuffa makes more money with them ruling their own divisions, that is what they'll continue to have them do.

I am sure Jones v Cain will cost more than $10 mill.

I would be willing to bet Jones will have gotten paid upwards of 3 mill for the DC fight, after everything is said and done with.

I am sure Jones v Cain will cost more than $10 mill.

I would be willing to bet Jones will have gotten paid upwards of 3 mill for the DC fight, after everything is said and done with.

his purse has been announced as 500k. all fighters seem to agree that the real money comes from sponsors.

and im talking about 10million EACH, 20mill

his purse has been announced as 500k. all fighters seem to agree that the real money comes from sponsors.

and im talking about 10million EACH, 20mill

If you think all Jones is getting paid by the UFC is 500k disclosed, you are naive.

He gets a PPV cut and likely a win bonus.

Just no. You think money is the biggest obstacle in making this fight happen? Just because Jones beat Cain's teammate, it's not like Cormier is his little brother or something. The more logical move would be to have a rematch if Cormier continues to beat top tier LHWs. Maybe if Jones cleans out the division there would be more intrigue in seeing him fight at HW.

lol im not talking about logic. the ufc is a promotion, its not a "fair" league system or something.

i'm talking about a superfight, two dominant champs facing off for the betterment of mankind. i'm not talking about fight rankings, im not even talking about the relationship between cain and DC, it's pure human interest, it doesnt get much more primal than "ok but if these two guys threw down, who would win"

for me, this sort of thing is why people got so excited about PRIDE and are so salty about the ufc

Maybe if Jones cleans out the division there would be more intrigue in seeing him fight at HW.

After Jones faces the winner of the Gus/AJ fight, whats left for him at 205?

I can see maybe the Sheik would do it, except instead of a PPV he would just have them fight in his living room or something for him and his buddies to watch. Kind of like Leonardo DiCaprio did in Django.

The problem is this fight would be expensive as hell, and you're dealing with one of the most injury prone guys in the UFC (Cain) and you'd have nobody who could actually replace him (or either of them) if there were an injury/illness/family issue that forced one to withdraw.

You can't promote Cain v. Jones and bring in Bigfoot Silva to step up if Cain gets injured three weeks before.

Jones makes several millions a fight anyway.
Sponsors, disclosed pay, bonuses and most importantly ppv cut.
The ppv cut alone will be in millions if the fight does over a million buys.

If you think all Jones is getting paid by the UFC is 500k disclosed, you are naive.

He gets a PPV cut and likely a win bonus.

jesus.

christ.

so a 10million purse plus the usual package isnt as good as a 0.5million purse plus the usual package, thanks for that.

its those hormones i swear, you were much more reasonable when you were still boyd

20130308060721_0306fallonarticlecombo2.JPG

everyone knows they get pay per view, im talking about a large and obvious guaranteed cash incentive

Back