If you put Jon Jones skills in Rashads body.....

o-RASHAD-EVANS-MACHIDA-facebook.jpg

Probably, yeah. Rashad is arguably more athletic, but of course Jon uses his length a lot. But Jones would figure out tricks which work for him expertly with Rashad's body since he's such a talented and creative fighter.

Is this somehow related to...reach?

He would be worse, at least at striking. No reach, and Jones isn't exactly a power striker. As it is Rashad has one shot KO power in his limbs, Jones doesn't.

Rashad is old and can barely get through a training camp these days, i would have to say no

So I'm brain fried today and read that as Jones skills in Ronda and was expecting more comedy

If Jones was shorter he would have developed different skills.

I doubt it. One of the attributes that Jones' possesses is his reach/length. In which Jon utilizes very well, and makes it a difficult hurdle for other fighters to overcome.

Would he be a 9x defending champion?

He would be a top contender like Rashad ... losing to Machida for sure and a couple others possibly.

Skill for Skill ... Rashad is possibly better than Jones or at least equal.

The difference between them is Jones' physical advantages.
Not just reach but also his chin.

why Rashad? why not Hunt? now that would be awkward

No, he wouldn't. Everyone develops skill sets which fit the body they have. But if you put George St. Pierre's skill set into Rashad Evans body, then he may be. The same way that if you put Cyrille Diabate's skill into Jon Jones, it wouldnt make him a champion. Jon Jones made himself into a champion. Hurts to know, doesnt it?

No, because Jon Jones' skillset are unique to his body type. He knows exactly how to use his body. He knows how to use his height, and length in every facet of his offensive salvo be it leverage for wrestling, takedown defense, striking at distance, defense in the clinch, striking in the clinch, all that. Jon Jones' offense plays off him being extreme knowledgeable of his body and what it can and cannot do.

If you put Jose Aldo's skills on Cody McKenzie's body, would he be a dominant champion?

Back