if you could train anywhere in the world boxing

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
where would you go?

i personally would train with roy jones kinda bias as use to fight on the shows he helped promote but move roys movement and use of hooking as frequent almost as a jab not just trying to load up on the lead hook every shot

60ac752063e1ecafcf2605f4cf151be9.jpg

I would go to Thailand. So someone would talk me into training muay thai instead.

<WellThere>

Whoever trained loma. Maybe mayweathers gym

his dad was his main trainer i thought

also his footwork is amazing due to his years of doing girl dancing but yeah hes amazing footwork is prob the main tool guys under use in fighting usually only great coaches really understand the subtly of it

lol reminds me kinda of my gym i remember seeing this in saying god to bad gyms today dont have this many

i first walked into my gym at age 7 in 1998 or 99 we had least 40 guys a day training by time i was 13/14 we were down to maybe 10 a day if lucky

I've trained & sparred at a lot of the best gyms in the US & Canada over the course of my career so I haven't got a wish list of today's gyms. But, if I could go back in time I'd love to have trained at Angelo Dundee's 5th St Gym in Miami Beach during its heyday & the Kronk gym during its peak.

I would go to Thailand. So someone would talk me into training muay thai instead.

<WellThere>

That would be tempting too as I never got to train real Muay Thai during the course of my career. Just Karate for years before I began boxing & then I cross-trained in American kickboxing while boxing pro. I earned a black belt in that as well before having my lone pro kickboxing bout vs the Canadian light-middleweight champion which ended in a draw. Unfortunately my kickboxing career was cut short when I blew out my knee while training for my second pro bout. So, it from then on it was strictly boxing for me.

You wouldn't want to just train hands for a few weeks somewhere famous though? If so, where would it be?

<WellThere>
I trained for 2 months solid in Chang Mai when I was younger. Great training, great food, lovely country and people and only spent about £2/2.5 grand all in. Would love to do it again some time but doubt the missus would be pleased lol.

I've trained & sparred at a lot of the best gyms in the US & Canada over the course of my career so I haven't got a wish list of today's gyms. But, if I could go back in time I'd love to have trained at Angelo Dundee's 5th St Gym in Miami Beach during its heyday & the Kronk gym during its peak.
yeah id have said krunk gym if i was in 80s 90s my 2 fav boxers were roy and tommy hearns love tommys fundamental style and good punching

I'm curious, were there any memorable Canadian gyms?

I'm curious, were there any memorable Canadian gyms?

Well, there are several gyms that I frequented in my day in Niagara Falls, Hamilton & Welland, Ontario. But by far the oldest & the best gym in Canada is Sully's in Toronto. I used to love that place. My first trainer, Johnny Sudac used to take me up there about once every month or so to get sparring in with some of Canada's best fighters. It was an amazing education.

his dad was his main trainer i thought

also his footwork is amazing due to his years of doing girl dancing but yeah hes amazing footwork is prob the main tool guys under use in fighting usually only great coaches really understand the subtly of it
Kosacs would love to here it called girl dancing...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back