If Weidman > Silva then Rampage > Liddell.

KR811**

Blue Belt
Reaction score
MMA fans say that Weidman is better than any version of Silva and beats him at any part of his career and has a better career than Silva with merely 2 defenses (one a fluke and one great fight).

Rampage Jackson somewhat did to Chuck Liddell what MMA fans say Weidman would do to any version of Silva.

Rampage beat Liddell in two of Liddell's primes. Rampage brutally started the Liddell era (in Pride) and brutally ended the Liddell era (in UFC), yet Shertards argue that Liddell was a better fighter and had a better career than Rampage.

So how is Silva's legacy and career is inferior to Weidman's then why isn't Liddell's legacy and career inferior to Rampage's?

Last edited:
MMA fans say that Weidman is better than any version of Silva and beats him at any part of his career and has a better career than Silva with merely 2 defenses (one a fluke and one great fight).

Rampage Jackson somewhat did to Chuck Liddell what MMA fans say Weidman did to Silva.

Rampage beat Liddell in two of Liddell's primes. Rampage brutally started the Liddell era (in Pride) and brutally ended the Liddell era (in UFC), yet Shertards argue that Liddell was a better fighter and had a better career than Rampage.

So how is Silva's legacy and career is inferior to Weidman's then why isn't Liddell's legacy and career inferior to Rampage's?

Where the hell did you see people say Weidman has a better career than Silva? I know you're still buttsore people like myself said Weidman COULD beat any version of Silva (Which is a fair assessment from people who aren't delusional fans that have 0 ability to be impartial)

Anderson Silva had an iron chin back in the day. It's CLEARLY diminished at this point. Weidman dropped Anderson in the clinch with a punch in the second, and obviously caught him with his hands down in the first and KO'd him.

I doubt those things happen to Anderson in his prime. Machida took his punches just fine. I think people just say he's better than any version of him just to make his wins seem more legitimate.

Rampage really was better than any version of Chuck. He fought him in his supposed prime and then again later in his career.

Rampage Jackson somewhat did to Chuck Liddell what MMA fans say Weidman did to Silva.

Lidell was a long reigning champion, you could easily argue that he had the better career. Rampage was the better fighter though and I hardly ever see anyone arguing otherwise. Chuck was the shit though, One of the best in the world during several years.

Weidman could beat any version of Silva deal with it.

rampage is better then chuck and weidman is better then silva

Rampage>Liddell

No one is saying Weidman has a better career, yet.... But you act like he is retired or something. The Chris is only 30, and is an undefeated champion, he very well may blow Anderson out of the water when all is said and done.

rampage is better than liddell at anything that has to do with fighting.

Weidman is better than Anderson. Rampage was better than Chuck.

I don't think I have seen anyone say Weidman has had a better career than Anderson though. That's something completely different

TS is new to mman. Rampage didnt beat an aging chuck. he also beat him twice

Rampage Jackson somewhat did to Chuck Liddell what MMA fans say Weidman would do to any version of Silva.

I would comment, but I think you're just warming up for the arguments you're going to have to make with Diaz fans.... because those guys stay butthurt for years and years.

Don't do it to yourself.

Who in Silva's career does Weidman not beat?

Rampage's superiority to Chuck has never been in question.

Rampage>Liddell

No one is saying Weidman has a better career, yet.... But you act like he is retired or something. The Chris is only 30, and is an undefeated champion, he very well may blow Anderson out of the water when all is said and done.

There's many in a thread saying just that. At least give Weidman many more title defenses. Many think beating a GOAT makes them the GOAT unless it's a fighter they like.

If Weidman can hold & defend his MW title as long as Anderson did, then we can really debate. Weidman is just freshy still smelling like pee his record and history is still being written.

Rampage is better than Chuck. Chuck had a better career, but no one says that makes him a better fighter than Rampage.

Back