If volk wins he will become top 3 all time and enter the GOAT discussion

He would probably replace GSP in the top 3 alongside Fedor and Jones

Yall love jumping the gun...

How at 7-1 would Volk be ahead of these dudes with 11, 12, 13, 15/16 title fight wins?

Anderson, MM, Jones all hit double digits title fight wins without a loss. Aldo also hit 10 (3 Wec 7 UFC) before first loss.

And remember 3 of Volks current 6 title fight wins are on the same dude and one is old as dirt KZ.

View attachment 1007432
Why are women on that list, makes zero sense in the context being discussed. Should be in their own category

UFC fans claim Fedor isn't the GOAT because a lot of his defenses weren't top competition. So then why does someone like Volk who beats the best of the best p4p every fight not have GOAT over someone like Silva or GSP who cleared their division and then just stayed there beating up opponents that had no chance against them?

Either Fedor is the GOAT or Volk is #1 or #2 if he wins. Depending on your criteria there shouldn't be any other options.

I'm just saying i don't think it's been long enough compared to some of the others. I agree his resume so far is more impressive than some of the guys at the top.

All of this is subjective, of course.

It would be close , hard to be above Jones , Fedor or Gsp , it would be a tough call

With topics like this I revert to Who is the last person you want to piss off in a bowling alley , lane next to you.. Still Hendo for me lol

With topics like this I revert to Who is the last person you want to piss off in a bowling alley , lane next to you.. Still Hendo for me lol
Probably some criminal in jail like War Machine or Fedor's brother. Those guys will probably murder you if they could get away with it.

No way in this world would a fighter like Serra ever stop Jones, even by fluke, it would never happen
Almost finished by MW Vitor.
“When I heard his arm pop, I let go a little and that is where he escaped,” explained Belfort at the post-event press conference. “I made a mistake.”

And we know he got finished by Adlan Amagov!

Last edited:
I’d probably have it ranked the same as you. I think what makes Alex’s record look stupid impressive is that he beat the likes of Aldo, chad, Max X3, Ortega, Yair all in their primes or as close to that as possible. If you add in a prime Islam in a div above on short notice… absurd. If he can then defend the LW title a couple of times I’d have to place him #1 personally. To be the best FW and LW of a generation would be simply god tier

I have him 4th atm and I too would probably put him 3rd (ahead of Khabib) if he were to win. Hard to say what would happen if he loses. Depends how he loses I guess.

if Volk wins he’s definitely ahead of khabib !
If he loses he still might be ahead of khabib

He's already top ten. If he beats Islam and defends either belt a couple more times yes he's top 4. I won't invite hate by saying who might yet be above him.

Stop trying to manipulate and manufacture a GOAT argument, we all know who’s on RUSHMORE and it doesn’t contain any manlets

Yeah, because beating a guy that just defended his belt against the same guy, I mean, himself, a FW instead of a LW, and only have 1 top 5 win (Charles) will make Volkanovski GOAT. Yeah... but no. The only impressive feat would be 11 days notice, but he is not even GOAT in his own division, Aldo has 9 title defenses streak against elite competition and he has only 5. Let's stop the bs, please.

Head to head win vs Aldo who still had great success and the guy who dethroned him is pretty convincing IMO.

Main issue is Aldo 100% would have beaten Pettis and been the first champ-champ if given the option.
It's sad that Mcgregor took his streak and then took what should have been his.

Having GSP above him is fucking laughable and just pure because of hate. I love the 'he never failed a test' excuse also. Probably because for his entire fighting career he was only thoroughly tested once against a one eyed fighter

GSP was a great fighter no doubt, but he isn't close to Jones. No way in this world would a fighter like Serra ever stop Jones, even by fluke, it would never happen
Would a Brazilian man who tore every ligament in his left knee 6 minutes into the fight beat jones by decision though?

He's still not even goat at FW yet, so I don't think going 1 and 1 at LW suddenly boosts him into greatest ever. 2 weeks notice only hurts the favorite.

Back