If UFC Sweden 2 really happens..

JAB2013

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think it will be a very interesting card and most likely on FX. Here's the card I'd like to see and let me hear your opinions as well.

Alex Gustafsson vs. Gegard Mousasi
Roy Nelson vs. Cheick Kongo
Martin Kampmann vs. Tarec Saffiedine
Ross Pearson vs. Jamie Varner

Chris Leben vs. Karlos Vemola
Brad Pickett vs. Brian Bowles
Matt Mitrione vs. Phil de Fries
Colin Fletcher vs. Reza Madadi
Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Ednaldo Oliveira
Akira Corassani vs. Robbie Peralta

Besam Yousef vs. Bradley Scott
Papy Abedi vs. Keith Wisniewski

I hope they bring in more new prospects from Northern Europe. Kampmann & Gus on the main card for sure.

Gus Vs Gegard would be a solid fight, but I don't think they will pair up two contenders this early on.

They need to get as many challengers for Jones as possible.

Heavyweight Title: Cain Velasquez vs Alistair Overeem (if he beats Bigfoot)
Featherweight Title: Aldo or Edgar vs Siver (if he beats Swanson)
Alex Gustufsson vs Gegard Mousasi
Martin Kampmann vs Tarec Saffidine
Rustam Khabilov vs George Sotiropoulos

I like the match up with Kampman and Saffiedine, that's something I'd like to see.

Gus Vs Gegard would be a solid fight, but I don't think they will pair up two contenders this early on.

They need to get as many challengers for Jones as possible.
I agree with that, plus that Gegard most likely isn't a contender in the UFC's eyes right now (but probably a potential one). He's very skilled but his accomplishments haven't been showcasing that enough lately. His last three wins have been against lower ranked competition and before that he had a draw with Jardine, who was out of shape and still took the fight on two weeks notice.

I just don't think he'll get the same kind of premiere fight as Hector Lombard, who at least was on a 25 fight unbeaten streak.

As if they would go that hard in Sweden. It would be fucking crazy and I would buy tickets without blinking, but it's wishing thinking.

As if they would go that hard in Sweden. It would be fucking crazy and I would buy tickets without blinking, but it's wishing thinking.

It's crazy. The UFC has only had one HW title fight outside the US, and that was in Tokyo in 1999! They might go to Brazil sometime, but that's basically it for the foreseeable future. Going to one of the major European countries would be one thing, but I don't think the UFC will ever have a HW title fight in a country like Sweden. Hell, any title fight would be pushing it.

Last edited:

Siver got hurt and wont be fighting Swanson instead Dustin Porier is taking his spot and fighting Cub Swanson

It's crazy. The UFC has only had one title fight outside the US, and that was in Tokyo in 1999! They might go to Brazil sometime, but that's basically it for the foreseeable future. Going to one of the major European countries would be one thing, but I don't think the UFC will ever have a HW title fight in a country like Sweden. Hell, any title fight would be pushing it.

The UFC has had title fights in Brazil Silva-Okami, Aldo-Mendes... Bendo-Edgar in Japan...the 2 title fights in Abu Dhabi and all of GSP's Canada title fights. Also there is the Barao-McDonald fight scheduled for England so what is you talkin bout?

LOL when it's Varner vs Lauzon 2

The UFC has had title fights in Brazil Silva-Okami, Aldo-Mendes... Bendo-Edgar in Japan...the 2 title fights in Abu Dhabi and all of GSP's Canada title fights. Also there is the Barao-McDonald fight scheduled for England so what is you talkin bout?

I meant heavyweight title fights, forgot to put that in.

Cub Swanson is half swedish and the last time the UFC went to Sweden he wanted to fight in Sweden.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back