If the world didn't fear McG...

cshireman4

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
In a perfect world where Aldo and Frankie aren't terrified when their phone rings and it's an offer to fight Conor, what weight class would the fight take place at? If Aldo or Frankie were ready, there is absolutely zero chance that McGregor could make 145. Why even contact them? He has the belt at their weight class, but it wouldn't even be on the line.diaz-mcg.png McG-Diaz.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder what weight will Conor be come fight night ?
Will he be over 170 ?
He looks strong and pretty stacked. Maybe his stamina will be a problem with all that extra muscle. Or maybe Nate won't even make it out of the first round.....

If either of those accepted the fight, I beleive it was going to be for the interim LW Belt. As much as both of them are 145ers, it would perfectly make sense. Aldo was a dominant champ, Edgar was the LW champ.

I wonder what weight will Conor be come fight night ?
Will he be over 170 ?
He looks strong and pretty stacked. Maybe his stamina will be a problem with all that extra muscle. Or maybe Nate won't even make it out of the first round.....
I don't think it gets out of the first.

Cuz conor checks weigh more than belts, these guys will become millioanires if they fight conor, the belt if it was vs anyone else they wouldnt get anywere near to that much money fighting for it.

Aldo specifically said that he doesn't care about the title and would be willing to fight Conor "any time, anywhere". Frankie is former LW champ, and arguably should have never lost his belt. Both of these fights would have been at 155, you'd hope for an interim LW title.

I feel like calling Frankie Edgar scared should be a banable offence. That little guy is a beast and would take on Jon Jones if he was healthy.

There has never been a fighter who earned respect more than Edgar. I HATED him when he took BJs belt in that questionable decision but damn if he didn't change my mind through sheer excellence.

/rockthevote
/kick cshireman4

Reason---stupid cyunte.

b89e4a68b62e608a319db2529b2e57ed087b48607afae5c4a2ba3f6ca7bbbea3.jpg

TS is an idiot, at least that's confirmed
How so? I just asked a logical question. The UFC breaks their own rule and allows a champ to move up without vacating his title. The LW champ pulls out 10 days before the fight and Conor is walking around at 165+ so you call 145ers? And then tell the media how scared they were? Even if it was for the LW interim belt, how do you justify these two fighters being in contention at 155? Enlighten me.

In a perfect world where Aldo and Frankie aren't terrified when their phone rings and it's an offer to fight Conor, what weight class would the fight take place at? If Aldo or Frankie were ready, there is absolutely zero chance that McGregor could make 145. Why even contact them? He has the belt at their weight class, but it wouldn't even be on the line.View attachment 80063 View attachment 80065

So now being out for surgery is being scared?

Maybe Aldo and Edgar join forces to meet Conor at 290 pounds?

So now being out for surgery is being scared?
To clarify, I was being sarcastic in saying Aldo and Frankie are scared. Not sure why they make sense as replacements as they are big future fights that make the UFC a lot of money at 145. They clearly aren't afraid, so they must be injured. If Conor wanted Nate from the beginning, then how does the UFC benefit from Dana & Conor bashing Aldo and Edgar?

Last edited:
How so? I just asked a logical question. The UFC breaks their own rule and allows a champ to move up without vacating his title. The LW champ pulls out 10 days before the fight and Conor is walking around at 165+ so you call 145ers? And then tell the media how scared they were? Even if it was for the LW interim belt, how do you justify these two fighters being in contention at 155? Enlighten me.
Aldos been wanting to move to lw since he got to the ufc. Edgar was the lw champ. Its not hard to understand.

Aldos been wanting to move to lw since he got to the ufc. Edgar was the lw champ. Its not hard to understand.
So because Frankie Edgar held the belt at LW before any of the lower weight classes existed (and despite the fact that his last several fights have been at 145 and even 135 lbs) he should be your replacement? Because Aldo wanted to make a superfight at 155 since his own class was very shallow at the time, he should get a fight at 155 when McGregor is allowed to move up? You have an entire roster of LW fighters to chose from.
And how many times have sherdoggers referenced the short fight camp when talking McG vs Mendes? You really think if Aldo or Edgar lost that fight, it wouldn't be accredited to the short notice AND "huge size advantage" for Conor? I'm sorry, but if you want McG to move up to show how great he is and let him challenge for a second belt, great. But when RDA pulls out of the LW title fight, you don't start calling FWs to jump in. I could maybe see the perspective that they might actually be able to make 155 in 10 days. But isn't the whole point of allowing Conor to fight anywhere but 145 to prove that he can beat 155ers?

To clarify, I was being sarcastic in saying Aldo and Frankie are scared. Not sure why they make sense as replacements as they are big future fights that make the UFC a lot of money at 145. They clearly aren't afraid, so they must be injured. If Conor wanted Nate from the beginning, then how does the UFC benefit from Dana & Conor bashing Aldo and Edgar?

THAT'S where my prior assessment of you being an idiot came from. In fact, i stopped reading right when you wrote they were scared. And if Frankie and Aldo aren't close to scheduled fights, what the hell makes you think they're at their respective fighting weights????

So because Frankie Edgar held the belt at LW before any of the lower weight classes existed (and despite the fact that his last several fights have been at 145 and even 135 lbs) he should be your replacement? Because Aldo wanted to make a superfight at 155 since his own class was very shallow at the time, he should get a fight at 155 when McGregor is allowed to move up? You have an entire roster of LW fighters to chose from.
And how many times have sherdoggers referenced the short fight camp when talking McG vs Mendes? You really think if Aldo or Edgar lost that fight, it wouldn't be accredited to the short notice AND "huge size advantage" for Conor? I'm sorry, but if you want McG to move up to show how great he is and let him challenge for a second belt, great. But when RDA pulls out of the LW title fight, you don't start calling FWs to jump in. I could maybe see the perspective that they might actually be able to make 155 in 10 days. But isn't the whole point of allowing Conor to fight anywhere but 145 to prove that he can beat 155ers?
Dude edgar defended that belt for fucking ever only to be robbed by henderson.

Aldo could easliy be at lw. He cuts massive weight to make fw.

Both walk around above the lw limit. Its not hard to understand

Back