If the roles were reversed would Cain drop to LHW if DC was HW Champ?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
This is assuming that Cain could make LHW. Which I think is possible since he is roughly in the 220-240lbs range off-season. People wanted Fedor to drop to LHW since he was usually in the 220-240's too and both Fedor and Cain could stand to lose a few pounds. Look at DC, he did it.

If the roles were reversed and DC was the HW champ do you think that Cain would drop to LHW so that he wouldn't have to face DC?

i think he would do quite well. and it does seem like he can make lhw

He actually looks like he could make LHW easier than DC. I remember when I first saw him in the UFC I think he was barely weighing in at over 220 pounds, and people being shocked that he didn't try to balloon up for the Brock Lesnar fight (they asked him about it during Primetime). Anyways, at that time, I saw the flab on him and thought he would be better at LHW. At that time I didn't realize that flab =/= unathletic though.

I think cain would drop.

I also think he could make 205 easy. It's been said that cain eats like a horse, just like Brock. Tons of high carb foods like burgers, burritos, pasta etc

He would make lhw and do it for DC. The guys are like brothers. Fighters form a bond that is crazy strong so yes I think he would.

I think cain would drop.

I also think he could make 205 easy. It's been said that cain eats like a horse, just like Brock. Tons of high carb foods like burgers, burritos, pasta etc

There are actually videos of him eating like a horse, and I remember his team mates being jealous because they weren't heavy weights so they had to watch what they ate 24/7 so they stayed in a certain weight range while Cain scarfed down whatever he wanted.

I think DC honors their relationship more than Cain. I remember a video where they ask Cain about DC, and Cain said something along the lines of DC doesn't want to fight me, because etc, etc. But Cain never said that he would not fight DC.

I think DC honors their relationship more than Cain. I remember a video where they ask Cain about DC, and Cain said something along the lines of DC doesn't want to fight me, because etc, etc. But Cain never said that he would not fight DC.

Interesting.

I'd love to see them fight. I think DC would beat Cain.

I actually think Cain would give Jones more problems then DC.

cains having a hard enough time making it into the cage without hurting himself. not to mention worrying about division changes

No. Cain is naturally much bigger than DC. He could never make LHW.

If DC loses it would be interesting to see Jones move up for a fight with Cain... I think it would make more sense for Jones to move up to HW.

if cain drops to lhw he would eat jones alive. cain is the most brutal the most sadistic scary2x fighter i had ever watched compete in mma. btw icyblue. who is that woman in ur av? shes beautiful

Perhaps not. He's a bit bigger than DC, mostly because he's taller. He's in shape at 240+. Cain used to be lighter, but he always weighs in at 240+ now and has done so for a while. I think DC has an easier cut because he's shorter. Cain could cut down if he really wanted to, but he's not as used to cutting weight as Cormier. Cormier used to cut a lot until he hurt himself cutting weight for the 2008 Olympics. That's the reason why he fought at heavyweight. He should have been at 205 the whole time, if not 185. I think he would be if it wasn't for the whole problem with cutting weight.

dc dropped because he was aware that he couldn't beat the champ. you know what would be great, if cain stayed at heavyweight and kept beating people bigger than him, rather than dropping down to get a size advantage like most the other punks. do you actually think he would maintain that amazing cardio after a big cut.

Definitely

Cain's speed, pace and stamina are murder on his opponents. He's like the mother fucking terminator; he can't be bargained with, he can't be reasoned with, he doesn't feel pity, or fatigue, or fear, and he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are unconscious.

Definitely

Cain's speed, pace and stamina are murder on his opponents. He's like the mother fucking terminator; he can't be bargained with, he can't be reasoned with, he doesn't feel pity, or fatigue, or fear, and he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are unconscious.

Or he is......

Definitely

I think Cain could be an easier fight for Jones because DC has a better chin so far and more powerful 1 punch power than Cain.

Back