If Stipe retires then the UFC 1 and Saku belts are no more

Lineal belts are so stupid

<{chips}>

Nah. Just give it back to Cormier. They're 1-1- and Cormier knocked out Stipe faster.
And the eye pokes that may cause Stipe’s retirement are a LARGE factor in why that is the case

It amazes me that people try and act like the flagrant eye poke in their first fight had nothing to do with the outcome.

Eye pokes should be point deductions from first infraction, regardless of intent.
Gunnar Nelson even lost his appeal with his fight with Ponzinibbio. I've never seen anything more blatant, he raked both eyes with his thumb on purpose, Gunnar couldn't even see to defend himself.

Other important belt that must get and stay in the UFC.

tumblr_mynrbzq9N21rofocqo1_540.jpg

Minowa < Ishii < Fedor < Mitrione < Bader
Whoever unifies the UFC, Saku, and Super Hluk is undisputed GOAT.
1241081792.jpg

He looked pretty good and healthy bowing down to and being star struck by Connor last week.

Considering that clip was from several years ago I should hope so.

The belt will be passed to DC and dc will parade around w it for awhile,not defend it,and retire the eternal forever lineal hw champhugeballs.

Doubtful.
There was a serious eyepoke about three seconds before the KO blow in the first fight that nobody saw, on top of at least one or two others in the fight that the ref actually saw

all in under one full round

The belt will be passed to DC and dc will parade around w it for awhile,not defend it,and retire the eternal forever lineal hw champhugeballs.
I'm actually curious if this is the route the UFC will go and if fans will just let the belt pass to DC with no fight. The obvious choice should be big Frank vs DC but no one including DC seems to favor DC that heavily. The only other option that is viable at this point is DC vs Jones 3 at HW. This gives DC a last fight that he has a real reason to want to win and give Jones an easier path to the HW belt than going through Ngannou.

I'm actually curious if this is the route the UFC will go and if fans will just let the belt pass to DC with no fight. The obvious choice should be big Frank vs DC but no one including DC seems to favor DC that heavily. The only other option that is viable at this point is DC vs Jones 3 at HW. This gives DC a last fight that he has a real reason to want to win and give Jones an easier path to the HW belt than going through Ngannou.
I think DC v Jones could be likely at that point. DC aint gettin any younger. I just hope DC still somehow manage to put that cheatin asshole away. Jones prob relinquishes belt and fucks off back to LHW than face Ngannou tho. Rightfully so.

Fedor is the only dude in the UFC 1 belt lineage who won it by decision.

Fedor is the only dude in the UFC 1 belt lineage who won it by decision.

good point - should we stipulate (Stipe-late :) ) that the Lineal UFC 1 belt can only be won by stoppage?

if that’s the case, then the timeline becomes:

Royce Gracie < Sakuraba < Igor Vovchanchyn < Mark Coleman < Big Nog < Mir < Brock < Cain <JDS < Cain < Werdum < Still Stipe!

All roads lead to Stipe :eek:

Back