If someone does finally beat jones

DopeZach

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Won't they have to beat Jones twice since it would be a immediate rematch for sure. Kinda sucks wont be easy to beat him the first time and definitely not the 2nd timr

If Bones gets ko'd bad it will hurt him mentally, just like it does any fighter. Then ko him again.

If jones gets beaten. It would be fluke-ish like how GSP lost to Serra and Silva lost to Weidman.

If jones gets beaten. It would be fluke-ish like how GSP lost to Serra and Silva lost to Weidman.

Ummm... Jones just had a tough fight in which it was basically a toss up going into championship rounds (Cormier clearly won round 2 and the majority of these forums gave him round 3). Not that long ago he had an even closer fight in which he was clearly the more battered of the two contestants and the great majority of these forums scored the fight for his opponent.

The same could not be said for GSP or Silva. Jones has had a death grip on the division in the past, but lately he has been loosely holding it. Sure, losing might light a fire under his butt and he comes back to reclaim it with dominance ala GSP, but losing it right now would not be a fluke. If he has been fighting at... lets say a 9. Turn that down to an 8 and he would have lost 2 of his last 3.

Ummm... Jones just had a tough fight in which it was basically a toss up going into championship rounds (Cormier clearly won round 2 and the majority of these forums gave him round 3). Not that long ago he had an even closer fight in which he was clearly the more battered of the two contestants and the great majority of these forums scored the fight for his opponent.

The same could not be said for GSP or Silva. Jones has had a death grip on the division in the past, but lately he has been loosely holding it. Sure, losing might light a fire under his butt and he comes back to reclaim it with dominance ala GSP, but losing it right now would not be a fluke. If he has been fighting at... lets say a 9. Turn that down to an 8 and he would have lost 2 of his last 3.

If round 2 happened 3 more times, and then Jones had been finished, I could see an immediate rematch being bypassed.

So you're saying Gus will have to beat him three times? Dayummm

lol Come on man.

If round 2 happened 3 more times, and then Jones had been finished, I could see an immediate rematch being bypassed.

Oh, I don't disagree regarding the immediate rematch. It's almost a guarantee. Im just saying it wont take a fluke-ish win, as was stated. You can only lose so many rounds and have so many close calls before someone does finally snatch that title. It wouldn't be a fluke, it would be inevitable. Of course he could go back to his dominating ways, but lately he has been skating by and that will catch up eventually.

So you're saying Gus will have to beat him three times? Dayummm

lol.... exactly.

lol Come on man.

look, I invite you to present facts to the contrary. I am an admitted Jones hater, but I don't discredit the mans skills. He is the current p4p best IMO, or at least tied with Aldo. He is an amazing fighter and that is not just because of his reach or his eyepokes, cheap as they may be. I do think he is a better fighter than Cormier OR Gus, and I do not think either of them could have run the gauntlet Jones has run in the impressive fashion he did. However, the fact is he has had 2 pretty close fights in his last 3, and if he had come ANY less prepared he would have lost those. In the opinion of the majority of the world, he DID lose one of them.

lol... dude, just yes. Don't be an idiot. Have facts instead of bias.

All three judges scored round 2 for Cormier, did they not? As did 93% of Sherdog.

54% of Sherdog scored round 3 for Cormier, although the judges did not. Everything I said was dead f***ing spot on.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/score-jon-jones-vs-daniel-cormier-round-round-2903157/

Now politely fck off until you learn how to watch a fight with open eyes.

Using sherdog as your barometer isn't exactly accurate though. Sherdog hates Jon Jones.

Anyway that seems to be the way now. A champ as long running as Jon gets an immediate rematch. Shit, Johnny Hendricks is getting an immediate rematch and he's never defended his belt.

Instant trilogy with Gus. Where's the downside?

lol... dude, just yes. Don't be an idiot. Have facts instead of bias.

All three judges scored round 2 for Cormier, did they not? As did 93% of Sherdog.

54% of Sherdog scored round 3 for Cormier, although the judges did not. Everything I said was dead f***ing spot on.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/score-jon-jones-vs-daniel-cormier-round-round-2903157/

Now politely fck off until you learn how to watch a fight with open eyes.

This

and take away that meaningless take-down from that kick that jones caught in round one and one could argue that DC one the first 3 rounds. The fight was a lot closer than people seem to think. DC gassed and jones is a tough SOB.

Lmao the guy calling people idiots is using sherdog forums as a source

Using sherdog as your barometer isn't exactly accurate though. Sherdog hates Jon Jones.

True. I agree that more people on Sherdog dislike Jones than those that like him and that could skew the poll (although honestly I felt the poll, and the judges, were too kind to Jones). Sherdog is not necessarily "accurate", but the problem is... Most mma fans agree the judging is pretty awful and there is no more accurate source of public opinion on the scoring of fights than Sherdog as far as I know.

Lmao the guy calling people idiots is using sherdog forums as a source

lmao at the guy with 9 posts and no argument to the contrary. At least I provided some basis for my argument. Whether Sherdog is accurate or not doesn't change the fact that you would have NO evidence to the contrary.

Are you even serious right now?

The majority of these forums scored the GSP fight for Hendricks.

Amazingly stupid and obviously biased post.

Back