If Shogun loses this next fight...

If he gets knocked out hopefully people can finally shut up about this overrated bum

None.

Shogun shouldn't even be in the conversation anyway. The fact that he 'might' get a TS at LHW if he wins, proves what a joke the rankings and the right to earn TS in the UFC really are.

Glover is going into this weekend with one win, 4-2 if we go back 6 fights (for discussion purposes).

OSP is in same status as Glover (one win, 4-2).

Gus is on a 2 win streak, 3-3 in his last 6. No is denying his strength of schedule in those last 6, but fact is 3 wins 3 losses.

Rumble is retired, despite the number of fanboys of his in here. He is not employed by UFC nor in USADA test pool.

Shogun is on a 3 win streak and 4-2 in his last 6. For discussion purposes, beating Smith would further his status of 4 win streak and 5-2.

Who else is there??????? Give Shogun some hespekt and be real with yourselves. As of right now, Shogun is in or near the top.

No one else above Shogun in the rankings has a better streak going

You have to be joking. Gus' both wins over Glover and Jan B are better than any of Shogun's wins. Gus also beat Shogun.

I get it if you are a fan of Shogun you want to see him get that last shot for the belt, but lets not try to pretend he deserves it over Gus or even over Latifi and Jan B. Jan B also has 3 in a row and in his last fight he beat Manuwa who was higher ranked than Shogun. Just because someone has 4 wins in a row doesn't mean anything, the quality of the opponents is what matters. Otherwise you could give a title shot to some top200 journeyman with 6 wins in a row.

Eh Gus has no right to complain, he got his 1st title shot vs. DC coming off a knockout loss.

Volkan is unproven. It wasnt that DC looked "good" it was that Volkan looked bad. Volkan didn't even have basic white belt defense on the ground

According to one judge GUS ALREADY BEAT DC. You honestly sound like a fanboy

If IT'S NOT a defense against Gus, then it has to be a defense against Shogun if Shogun wins....there's NO ONE ELSE...Plus it would make for a great story to see Shogun the legend fighting for the title again...like Hendo"s title shot against Bisping...

LOL. Shut your noob mouth up. I couldn't give two fucks about DC, or Volkan.

I can't stand DC. Was happy to see Jones besmirch him. Was rooting for Gustafson to beat him too. I just live in the real. Shogun is a washed up has been. Actually, he's one of the most over rated fighters ever.

Come at me.

No. Only nuthuggers and delusional fans think 2018 Shogun could be competitive at all.

Smith via 2nd round KO

LOL. Shut your noob mouth up. I couldn't give two fucks about DC, or Volkan.

I can't stand DC. Was happy to see Jones besmirch him. Was rooting for Gustafson to beat him too. I just live in the real. Shogun is a washed up has been. Actually, he's one of the most over rated fighters ever.

Come at me.

200_d.gif

You have to be joking. Gus' both wins over Glover and Jan B are better than any of Shogun's wins. Gus also beat Shogun.

I get it if you are a fan of Shogun you want to see him get that last shot for the belt, but lets not try to pretend he deserves it over Gus or even over Latifi and Jan B. Jan B also has 3 in a row and in his last fight he beat Manuwa who was higher ranked than Shogun. Just because someone has 4 wins in a row doesn't mean anything, the quality of the opponents is what matters. Otherwise you could give a title shot to some top200 journeyman with 6 wins in a row.

Now, did I say Shogun deserved it over Gus? NO. It's cute how you cut my whole post up just to post a nonsensical response. Obviously Gus is fighting Volkan for the #1 spot...

Of course it's not just the streak, it's also the fact that Shogun in ranked in UFC's own top 10. IDK how you can reasonably or logically even bring up a top 200 journeyman in that sense. I only mentioned streak because he WILL have the longest streak should he win against Smith.

Latifi and Jan B. could also go ahead and challenge, but would most likely not happen due to lack of name recognition. I mean...isn't everyone nowadays talking about how the UFC is a business and needs to make business decisions? DC Vs. Shogun would easily outsell DC VS. Latifi or Jan.

Nothing. He’s not a title contender anyway. He should have retired 5 years ago

Shogun went the way of most Pride guys under USADA but he did win the 205 belt.

Let him win and get a title shot !

Glover is going into this weekend with one win, 4-2 if we go back 6 fights (for discussion purposes).

OSP is in same status as Glover (one win, 4-2).

Gus is on a 2 win streak, 3-3 in his last 6. No is denying his strength of schedule in those last 6, but fact is 3 wins 3 losses.

Rumble is retired, despite the number of fanboys of his in here. He is not employed by UFC nor in USADA test pool.

Shogun is on a 3 win streak and 4-2 in his last 6. For discussion purposes, beating Smith would further his status of 4 win streak and 5-2.

Who else is there??????? Give Shogun some hespekt and be real with yourselves. As of right now, Shogun is in or near the top.

3 fights since 2014. 3. And LOL, who cares. Look who he's beat:

A washed up Lil Nog

Corey Anderson (who?)

Gian Villante (?)

Keep in mind, that's over the course of the last 3 years. It's not like he beat those guys in the last 1.5 years or less. On top of that, he beat Corey Anderson via split decision.

Spin it whatever way you want to, but you have to do some serious mental gymnastics to think that that win streak in any way, shape or form should get you a title shot.

None.

Shogun shouldn't even be in the conversation anyway. The fact that he 'might' get a TS at LHW if he wins, proves what a joke the rankings and the right to earn TS in the UFC really are.
If he might get a title shot, then it has an impact.

Win or lose it should have about the same impact on the title. And if Shogun were to get a TS on a win, the if he gets beat then the guy who beats him should get it.

I agree with you, we would t be that relevant had DC not brought him up. So who gets the shot if Shogun loses? Does Gus? But now Gus is fighting a nobody so if he wins does that merit a title shot?

Who is Gustafsson fighting?

I doubt DC goes to 205.
He is injured & then has Brock in January.

Why risk a $5-8m payday for a $1m payday & go up & down with weight
He already proved himself at 205

Back